Melvins 2016 Tour dates

Started by jules, October 30, 2015, 03:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Do you ever have that thing I get sometimes where all you have to do is simply Just get out of bed and, Its Just going to be the worst day?

Dumpster D

and another thing:

The venue Is the Opera house and I have had it up to here with their management. I can only presume the Melvins booking agents had nothing to do with the selecting of venues to play, and it was more likely the ND management who chose the place to play. the place is a rats nest and the bathrooms are obscene, the bouncers are like mercenaries, and the typical ambiance gives me that *we dont give a fuck about anything but selling overpriced Alcohol* vibe. 

I believe (but am not certain) that the Opera house does Charge a  cut percentage off merch sales and that means the bands might simply not bring any tour merch this side of the border for the same reason they already have to give a huge cut to the Government as they cross the border. Like the same thing on BOTH ENDS!!! I am being gouged and then SCALPED with my tickets I have Just bought myself. 

Last time the Melvins played the Opera house we all stood there in the human Sweatbox in the middle of a summer heat wave with NO Air running... for more than two hours and no one announced anything to say the opening band did not show and they couldnt start until more people showed up to see the Melvins so they wouldnt miss them playing etc...and we all Just waited and sweat and waited..the least they could do was say something or apologize.

(Like I didnt fucking pay for that Part of the Experience, but maybe thats what the extra Charges are covering right?)

Another thing is that I HOPE TO GOD melvins go on first because the Napalm Death crowd is certainly going to be full of 300 pound Mexican Fuck gorillas and by the time the Melvins went on everyone is going to be piss drunk falling down the stairs and the show could Just be a total disaster at that point, I could see Buzzo Getting pissed off and throwing in the towel and Just boycotting ever coming north of the Border for us Canucks ever again. It could very well happen that way..sorry for being the perpetual voice of doom around here but I have to tell you this could very well be a reality the way things have gone in the past.

DToxico

Hopefully buying tickets next week for the Boston date. It will be my first Melvins show... in fact due to living in an isolated rural area with no money or transportation up until fairly recently, I'm pretty inexperienced in the realm of 'concerts' in general, having been to 4 in the past 10 years (Swans, Queensryche, Prince, and NIN), if you don't count the entirely-forgettable hardcore and metalcore bands I inadvertently saw about two dozen of who all looked and sounded exactly the same during my brief stint working door at a shithole club in Deep South Bumfuck, USA.

Hoping to score a War Pussy, and feeling cautiously optimistic since I feel like people are primarily coming for Napalm Death (who I'm also excited to see, don't get me wrong) but either way I'm hyped for it.

meezer

So you moved up near Boston from the Deep South for school? Work?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

DToxico

Quote from: meezer on March 23, 2016, 04:05:03 PM

Met the fiance while he was going to a notoriously-shitty-but-somehow-also-prestigious college an hour or so from the part of the south I was in, came with him back up to his hometown (Providence) after he graduated, found a respectable and well-paying job for myself, and here I sit.

meezer

Quote from: DToxico on March 23, 2016, 04:15:12 PM
Quote from: meezer on March 23, 2016, 04:05:03 PM

Met the fiance while he was going to a notoriously-shitty-but-somehow-also-prestigious college an hour or so from the part of the south I was in, came with him back up to his hometown (Providence) after he graduated, found a respectable and well-paying job for myself, and here I sit.
Got it.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

some guy

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 22, 2016, 05:13:26 PM
the Napalm Death crowd is certainly going to be full of 300 pound Mexican Fuck gorillas

oof
That's neither here Nora there

meezer

the Napalm Death crowd is certainly going to be full of 300 pound Mexican Fuck gorillas

I didn't know you had those up there. Thanks, NAFTA.  :lol:

glen

I beg your pardon.    put me down for 40% napalm.    0% Mexican.    2% gorilla.   30% 300 pound.    100% FUCK.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

rictus

He must've meant Guerillas. Gorillas are not native to Mexico as far as I know. Wait, maybe he meant Chupacabras.

meezer

That was my favorite album for about a year.  8)

DeeSonyaChin

Quote from: meezer on March 24, 2016, 09:17:58 AM
That was my favorite album for about a year.  8)

WITH A BOOM PING PING!

Dumpster D

Quote from: rictus on March 24, 2016, 08:24:50 AM
He must've meant Guerillas. Gorillas are not native to Mexico as far as I know. Wait, maybe he meant Chupacabras.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dumpster D

I was actually doing some deeper thinking on the Subject of the Venue.

I guess the Melvins might have had a shitty Time at the place they played in Toronto last year maybe if they are going back to the Opera house?  :-k

They played the Danforth last year...it was an epic show so I duno if the place is double booked or the band Just didnt have a good experience playing there last year, I mean..to go back and play the Opera house, I know the hogs are gluttons for punishment, but even so...Damn.

BERZERKER

:lol:  :lol:

My kids are laughing hard to the popcorn eating av of Desonya!