Buzz talks about Tool in Revolver

Started by seas of luck, May 13, 2008, 01:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leroy

Ahh yes, the popularity vs. talent debate.

jaymz

Quote from: glen on May 15, 2008, 07:21:56 AM
Quote from: YearZero on May 15, 2008, 07:09:50 AM
because most people  here are clearly over 30 years old and don't wanna hear anything new.

no dis but I don't totally agree with this.  I'm over thirty. I love to hear something new.
the problem is when you get over 30 your life gets so cluttered up with other things that you don't have the time to prioritize with searching for new music like you did when you were 18 and had not a care in the world.   being a member here is about my only hope for some exposure (thanks maar!!!).      like anything else its all relative to the person you're refering to.  I can see where some 30+ers cop an attitude and say "fuck that! everything sucks but what I liked when I was 20.".  thats how you get losers with mullets who are still playing the same motley crue greatest hits cd that they bought in 1992.

in summary I would like to say that I have no idea what I am trying to say. and tool is still weak.  thank you.

Are you trying to say that in 92 you where a motley crue fan?

glen

Quote from: jaymz on May 15, 2008, 10:27:11 AM

Are you trying to say that in 92 you where a motley crue fan?

no.  but in 87 I was.  is that worth anything?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bathroom creep

Quote from: PAUL on May 13, 2008, 05:15:37 PM
and the idiotic cavemen who hate everything else.

The same obviously goes for the Melvins -fans. Somehow other Melvins -fans have given me the image of them that they don't like anything else unless it's Melvins -related or some stuff from 70's and 80's.  I actually understand that, because most people  here are clearly over 30 years old and don't wanna hear anything new.

Well, I don't think so. I always get the feeling that Melvins fans, especially on this board, are very open-minded when it
comes to music. Of course there's a lot of stuff that's somehow Melvins related but nevertheless there's a lot more than that.
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

Chomas

because most people  here are clearly over 30 years old and don't wanna hear anything new.

no dis but I don't totally agree with this.  I'm over thirty. I love to hear something new.
the problem is when you get over 30 your life gets so cluttered up with other things that you don't have the time to prioritize with searching for new music like you did when you were 18 and had not a care in the world.   being a member here is about my only hope for some exposure (thanks maar!!!).      like anything else its all relative to the person you're refering to.  I can see where some 30+ers cop an attitude and say "fuck that! everything sucks but what I liked when I was 20.".  thats how you get losers with mullets who are still playing the same motley crue greatest hits cd that they bought in 1992.

in summary I would like to say that I have no idea what I am trying to say. and tool is still weak.  thank you.

Glen you don't know shit, no offense

bUTTHOLEmAN

My number three mission in life is to convert Glen into a Tool fan.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

FartLips

Quote from: change&suffocation on May 15, 2008, 07:35:03 PM

thats a little harsh, but i'd have to agree. i have no problem at all finding new music. my ipod has never been so overloaded.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

pinkyslim

There is amazing music out there...
You just have to be pro-active.

A list of some recent stuff worth looking into...
Qui
Black Cobra
The Saviours
Drunk Horse
Citay
Fucking Champs
Pig Destroyer
:-k

glen

Quote from: change&suffocation link=topic=9763.msg170277#msg170277

/quote]

I can live with that.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

Chomas

at least I attempted to make it semi-polite  :toke:

(as karma slowly dwindles for offending a mod)

linesbetweentheread

I'm over thirty, and have to tell you priorities change when you've got a kid, and a career and bills(or at least they should).  I like all kinds of different music.  But I find it hard to like a band when I can't respect the people in the band.  So I stopped paying attention to all that. If I hear music I like, I go with it, and don't read the articles or worry about if they're selling out on the radio or Mtv.  I don't care what the "most awesomest fan ever" says about them, I just listen to the music.  It's easy to do when you're over the hill.  As far as what kinds of fans a band has...look around you, there's stupid people everywhere.  The law of averages says some of them are going to like the same music you like too.  Someday kiddies, you'll listen to NPR more than you listen to hipster FM too.  Ooooh scary!

OOps I posted this in the wrong thread,  and there was a lot of typing, so pretend this is the other Tool topic.

glen

Quote from: change&suffocation on May 16, 2008, 11:30:47 AM

(as karma slowly dwindles for bashing a mod)

never.    I'm a big change& fan.    and lumps are an essential part of personality.  taking them is what makes me so goddammed special.

hugs and kisses.

and another thing... I like this linesbetweentheread fella,  he reminds me of another golden oldie around here:

linesbetweentheread

Quote from: glen on May 16, 2008, 02:23:11 PM
Quote from: change&suffocation on May 16, 2008, 11:30:47 AM

(as karma slowly dwindles for bashing a mod)

never.    I'm a big change& fan.    and lumps are an essential part of personality.  taking them is what makes me so goddammed special.

hugs and kisses.

and another thing... I like this linesbetweentheread fella,  he reminds me of another golden oldie around here:

Chomas

Quotehe reminds me of another golden oldie around here:

Hey!  I'm a man, I'm 30!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: linesbetweentheread on May 16, 2008, 02:18:13 PM
I'm over thirty, and have to tell you priorities change when you've got a kid, and a career and bills(or at least they should).  I like all kinds of different music.  But I find it hard to like a band when I can't respect the people in the band.   

OOps I posted this in the wrong thread,  and there was a lot of typing, so pretend this is the other Tool topic.
It's surprising how cool the people in the melvins actually are.  I think it makes me like the band more.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus