Buzz talks about Tool in Revolver

Started by seas of luck, May 13, 2008, 01:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seas of luck

The latest issue of Revolver is all about Tool and there is a short interview with Buzzo.  I'm bored waiting to see Thrones tomorrow so I might as well type it up for you people! 

Revolver: When did you first meet the guys in Tool?

Buzz: It was in the early 90s when they opened for us at the Hollywood Palladium at a show with Gwar.  Adam now says we were "mean" to them, but I know that's bullshit because I'm never mean to anyone.  I don't remember much about them, but about two seconds later they were all over MTV.  I'm surprised they ever talked to us again.  Later on, in about '97, we did an arena tour opening for them, and then in '98 they asked us to do the horrid Ozzfest tour and I became better friends with them.  Adam is one of my dearest friends.

Revolver: How have Tool's fans responded to your bands?

Buzz: It varies from bad to worse.  Some of it was OK, but by and large arena-level audiences are total idiots and Tool's crowd is no different.  I remember once a Tool fan insisted on stopping me in the hallway after our set to explain in detail why we sucked.  I listened for about 30 seconds and then I showed a security guard my all-access pass and told him I saw the guy pull his pants down in front of a chick coming out of the girls' can and the kid got tossed out on his ass before Tool even played! Ha!

Revolver: What influence have Tool had on you?

Buzz: I've worked a lot with Adam and I dig it a whole lot.   He understands my strange way of writing songs and he's not afraid of noise.  He has a really great guitar tone, which I would love to steal.

Revolver: What do you think makes Tool so unique?

Buzz: Smoke and mirrors.

They also interview Tomas Haake and Mike Patton.  I might post those if anyone is interested.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Woah, very cool, thanks for typing this out.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

5w33t 1ntu1t10n

I wonder if the interviewer saw your question on here, bHm, and wanted to get to the bottom of it with Buzz?  :shock:
*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

molotov

Quote from: seas of luck on May 13, 2008, 01:01:33 AM
Revolver: What do you think makes Tool so unique?

Buzz: Smoke and mirrors.
That's right.

YearZero

Some people are just too stupid to understand Tool's music. That's what happens when you listen too much for The Beatles. 

FartLips

Quote from: YearZero on May 13, 2008, 05:34:37 AM
Some people are just too stupid to understand Tool's music. That's what happens when you listen too much for The Beatles. 
folks, this is the kind of posts you'll make when you listen too much "for" the stone temple pilots.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Schnabster

Tool is a great big yawn. Buzz does of course not, both of tactical reasons and perhaps out of friendship-reasons, want to say his actual meaning about Tool.
Me and Fart are colliding planets on many aspects, but when it comes to Melvins and Tool we are on the same wave. (perhaps Farty now decides to begin fancying
Tool after this?  :lol:)

And YearZero, to intelctualize music is just totally lame. Even Melvins aren`t doing rocket science when they play their instruments, although they are
very close.

Leroy

Quote from: Schnabster on May 13, 2008, 07:42:14 AM

Tool is a great big yawn. Buzz does of course not, both of tactical reasons and perhaps out of friendship-reasons, want to say his actual meaning about Tool.
Me and Fart are colliding planets on many aspects, but when it comes to Melvins and Tool we are on the same wave. (perhaps Farty now decides to begin fancying
Tool after this?  :lol:)

And YearZero, to intelctualize music is just totally lame. Even Melvins aren`t doing rocket science when they play their instruments, although they are
very close.

Exactly.  It doesn't make people "too stupid" just because they dont understand or enjoy Tool's music... 

That's just like saying "every single person that enjoys The Ramones music (because it's simple) is stupid, and has bad taste in music".

glen

Quote from: Leroy on May 13, 2008, 11:40:21 AM

Exactly.  It doesn't make people "too stupid" just because they dont understand or enjoy Tool's music... 

if not understanding or enjoying tool's music makes you stupid then call me a vegetable.

I loves me some tool digs!
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

molotov

That's what happens when you listen too much for The Beatles. 
Stupid statement. But maybe in 16 I thought also.

Leroy

I'm pretty sure that people who check out Tool are not trying to find any similarities to The Beatles in their music. 8)

ManWithNoName

Or maybe tool fan boys are just pretentious twats who don't know shit.

Buick GN

Quote from: ManWithNoName on May 13, 2008, 04:54:43 PM
Or maybe tool fan boys are just pretentious twats who don't know shit.

=D>  =D>  =D>

(PAUL)

There seems to be two types of Tool fans; the asformentioned pretentious twats, and the idiotic cavemen who hate everything else. For a band who seems intelligent their fans sure are stupid.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.