themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Tobias on September 06, 2020, 08:03:14 AM

Title: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Tobias on September 06, 2020, 08:03:14 AM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3862446913784622&id=100000580546353&anchor_composer=false
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on September 06, 2020, 08:17:12 AM
Looks a lot like Nick Cave to me!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 06, 2020, 09:20:56 AM
melvins 1983, from her to eternity
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on September 10, 2020, 08:05:23 AM
In the past we've had a 'Rat Faced Granny' and now there's a 'Horse Faced Goon'. I wonder if these are descriptions of people Buzz has seen or known.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: black stallion on September 11, 2020, 09:32:30 AM
cool, wonder if this ep will be an anticipaton of a regular full length Melvins 83 album
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on September 11, 2020, 10:02:15 AM
Quote from: black stallion on September 11, 2020, 09:32:30 AM
cool, wonder if this ep will be an anticipation of a regular full length Melvins 83 album
I would say that is a 100% certainty. Just like they did with the Beer Hippy and 1983 EP's, you can bet all 4 songs are from the forthcoming album.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on September 13, 2020, 08:17:03 AM
Sounds quite indicative of the previous 1983 material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QASTZ3MoyA
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on September 13, 2020, 03:03:51 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on September 13, 2020, 08:17:03 AM
Sounds quite indicative of the previous 1983 material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QASTZ3MoyA

=D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt;Sounds Awesome !!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on September 13, 2020, 03:47:51 PM
Kickin it Old school!!!  :shock:

Anyone else notice Haze put the double headed Firebird emblem to kinda look like Bundeswehr "Militia" Patch? but Houdini Melvins twin headed.


I want some Schnapps and Bratwurst with Sauerkraut to go with this!!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: CoryCory on September 13, 2020, 04:16:18 PM
I've got a soft spot for the Melvins 1983 stuff for sure. Definitely will grab when I get a chance.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: vince furnier on September 13, 2020, 05:04:41 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on September 13, 2020, 08:17:03 AM
Sounds quite indicative of the previous 1983 material.


thats' the stuff right there!  :love:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on September 13, 2020, 06:20:31 PM
Quote from: vince furnier on September 13, 2020, 05:04:41 PM
thats' the stuff right there!
I don't know. It's alright to me but i can't stop thinking about Buzzo's recent solo album and how much more evidently inventive and crucially compelling it is in comparison. This new song (and to be fair a LOT of recent WHOLE Melvins albums) do have the same style. Almost identikit Melvins songs in a way. By that i don't mean they are bad, but they sound so much more "straight ahead" and "samey" whereas Gift Of Sacrifice feels like something newer. Which to me at least is so much more vital and interesting.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on September 14, 2020, 02:03:48 AM
Melvins 1983 is good for this non-touring time (since Mike can't tour much anyway).

I'd be up for more noise/soundtrack records, too, if possible.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on September 14, 2020, 01:42:42 PM
Hey! Joining the ranks of "Pink Bat," "Starve Already," and perhaps the tag of "Shaving Cream" as an original Melvins song with a hard curse word. Motherfucker!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Afterbirthmilkshake on September 14, 2020, 09:41:28 PM
Quote from: black stallion on September 11, 2020, 09:32:30 AM
cool, wonder if this ep will be an anticipaton of a regular full length Melvins 83 album

I bet so. Thats kinda how it went before.  I hope so. we really need more Melvins during this plague thing
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: the bloat on September 14, 2020, 11:46:31 PM
Love it! Solid track. Looking forward to more 1983
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: the bloat on September 18, 2020, 10:06:44 PM
Going back and listening to Tres Cabrones, I think the 1983 lineup is most prone to experimentalism. There are some weird, but cool songs on there. Listen to the beginning of 'I told you I was crazy'. There is nothing else quite like it in their catalog. I look forward to hearing more weird, but heavy shit
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Rusty Shackleford on September 20, 2020, 12:40:02 AM
Quote from: the bloat on September 18, 2020, 10:06:44 PM
Going back and listening to Tres Cabrones, I think the 1983 lineup is most prone to experimentalism. There are some weird, but cool songs on there. Listen to the beginning of 'I told you I was crazy'. There is nothing else quite like it in their catalog. I look forward to hearing more weird, but heavy shit


Right on.  I find it interesting that the experimentalism and heavy weirdness comes with Buzz writing songs with Dillard's lack of virtuosity in mind.  Writing with simpler patterns seems to free up other things somehow.  Makes me think of Flipper, and Buzz's love for their playing combined with his more twisting and turning riffs is an awesome combination. 
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Mount Ambulance on September 20, 2020, 10:53:44 AM
Quote from: the bloat on September 18, 2020, 10:06:44 PM
Listen to the beginning of 'I told you I was crazy'.

No shit. That tune is one of my all time favorite Melvins moments, as powerful, huge, demented, and just plain "right" as any in their canon. Never woulda thought some 33 yrs ago dropping GPT on my turntable that I'd still be shaking my head in bliss and wonder at the jams these cats would be dropping in my middle age. Long strange trip it has been!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: vince furnier on September 20, 2020, 11:31:04 AM
Quote from: the bloat on September 18, 2020, 10:06:44 PM
Going back and listening to Tres Cabrones, I think the 1983 lineup is most prone to experimentalism. There are some weird, but cool songs on there. Listen to the beginning of 'I told you I was crazy'. There is nothing else quite like it in their catalog. I look forward to hearing more weird, but heavy shit
absotively! bring it!  :evil: :excited: :ohsnap: :evil: :excited: :ohsnap:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Jozzy on September 20, 2020, 01:24:26 PM
Any word yet on when this is going on sale?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on October 03, 2020, 09:49:07 AM
Melvins 1983 vinyl coming soon
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on October 03, 2020, 02:41:21 PM
F sick, loving these colors  🎃
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on October 04, 2020, 03:16:24 PM
guessing they'll go up the Sunday before Halloween
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on October 13, 2020, 03:19:48 PM
Vinyl available 25 October, CDs 'sooner'.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on October 13, 2020, 08:52:58 PM
Quote from: jules on October 13, 2020, 03:19:48 PM
Vinyl available 25 seconds to purchase before sold out, CDs 'sooner'.

Fixed.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on October 13, 2020, 09:01:20 PM
LOL
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: black stallion on October 14, 2020, 01:31:39 AM
new song is not bad
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on October 14, 2020, 01:41:53 AM
Quote from: black stallion on October 14, 2020, 01:31:39 AM
new song is not bad
digging IT
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on October 14, 2020, 07:52:05 AM
FUCK!!! This new 'Caddy Daddy' song from Mullet is great!! Now THAT is my Melvins!!! It's got me excited about this 1983 album again now. I thought 'Bouncing Rick' was good but not great like this one! Indeed it is "morally superior!".
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 14, 2020, 10:16:25 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on October 14, 2020, 07:52:05 AM
FUCK!!! This new 'Caddy Daddy' song from Mullet is great!! Now THAT is my Melvins!!! It's got me excited about this 1983 album again now. I thought 'Bouncing Rick' was good but not great like this one!

Where is it? I can't find it on YouTube.

EDIT: oh, nevermind...

https://es-la.facebook.com/melvinsarmy/videos/1247498585613941/
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on October 14, 2020, 08:45:20 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 14, 2020, 10:16:25 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on October 14, 2020, 07:52:05 AM
FUCK!!! This new 'Caddy Daddy' song from Mullet is great!! Now THAT is my Melvins!!! It's got me excited about this 1983 album again now. I thought 'Bouncing Rick' was good but not great like this one!

Where is it? I can't find it on YouTube.

EDIT: oh, nevermind...

https://es-la.facebook.com/melvinsarmy/videos/1247498585613941/

Oh nice!!!

The drums sound like they're recorded slow tape speed sound!!!  :shock: :shock: :shock:

The whole track sounds like it's slow tape speed actually...wow.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on October 14, 2020, 09:02:21 PM
Is it somewhere that those of us not on the book of face can hear it?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: dirtmerchant on October 14, 2020, 09:16:22 PM
I knew in the first four seconds of that song that it kicked ass. I don't understand why the last album with this lineup got so much shit. I thought tres cabrones was a great album. Minus the dumb covers, it was heavy weird and noisy. I think if they had left off 99 bottles of beer and in the army now I think it would have gotten a little more respect. I'll even give em tie my packer to a tree but there is no reason to cover 99 bottles of beer. It was atrocious and pisses me off every time it comes on. Look at me taking shit about the album now, lol. Point is tres cabrones is awesome minus the dumb covers. I'm sure this one will kick ass too.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on October 14, 2020, 10:30:19 PM
99 bottles of beer is an awesome cover, what are you talking about?

I really genuinely enjoy that and take me out to the ball game and tie my pecker to a tree, it's beautiful.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on October 15, 2020, 12:16:42 AM
I enjoy those 1983 novelty tunes but they don't much flow with the album. I don't know what else to do with them. It's more of a bonus EP thing I'd imagine.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on October 15, 2020, 02:25:36 AM
Novelty? ...I think those tunes hold more personal significance to the band, has anyone ever asked Buzz or Dale why those songs made it onto their albums at least? 
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on October 15, 2020, 04:43:11 AM
Quote from: dirtmerchant on October 14, 2020, 09:16:22 PM
Point is tres cabrones is awesome minus the dumb covers.
So true.


Quote from: Dumpster D on October 15, 2020, 02:25:36 AM
has anyone ever asked Buzz or Dale why those songs made it onto their albums at least? 
In an interview recently, Buzz said something interesting about how at some point when working on and compiling an album, you ask yourself "what does this record need?". I thought that was fascinating because we might think of those covers as late additions to the rest. After thoughts if you will. Perhaps a way to stop the record being bogged down by everything else.

Im not saying that the song WERE after thoughts, but it does make me wonder now in light of that revelation with all the albums. What songs got added later to balance out certain releases.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: vince furnier on October 15, 2020, 07:57:30 AM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 14, 2020, 09:02:21 PM
Is it somewhere that those of us not on the book of face can hear it?
Melvins official is a public page. you can't access it, or won't try on principle?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: dirtmerchant on October 15, 2020, 08:05:56 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on October 15, 2020, 02:25:36 AM
Novelty? ...I think those tunes hold more personal significance to the band, has anyone ever asked Buzz or Dale why those songs made it onto their albums at least?

Because they are public domain which means they don't have to pay anyone any publishing to add it to their album. I'm onto you buzz. Buzz - " we work really hard on everything we do and for fans to think we do things just to jerk their chains is absurd" (ok im paraphrasing that but you get the idea) then proceeds to put in the army now on an album. 😂 I get they think it's cooky but i really think it hurt the overall image of tres cabrones. some fans probably gave it one spin and we all know it sometimes takes multiple spins of a new album to fully appreciate it ,and those songs stuck out like a sore thumb and probably turned some people off. I have friends who are big Melvins fans who didn't like that album and I had to tell them to go back and listen to dogs and cattle prods, I told you I was crazy, doctor mule etc. Then again, I'm over Melvins doing covers. Maybe I'm just being pissy 😅.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on October 15, 2020, 08:32:24 AM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 14, 2020, 09:02:21 PM
Is it somewhere that those of us not on the book of face can hear it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCZu5UgyOm4
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on October 15, 2020, 08:38:20 AM
Quote from: vince furnier on October 15, 2020, 07:57:30 AM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 14, 2020, 09:02:21 PM
Is it somewhere that those of us not on the book of face can hear it?
Melvins official is a public page. you can't access it, or won't try on principle?
When I click the the link it takes me to a login page
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: vince furnier on October 15, 2020, 09:17:05 AM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 15, 2020, 08:38:20 AM
Quote from: vince furnier on October 15, 2020, 07:57:30 AM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 14, 2020, 09:02:21 PM
Is it somewhere that those of us not on the book of face can hear it?
Melvins official is a public page. you can't access it, or won't try on principle?
When I click the the link it takes me to a login page
ah. bummer. should turn up soon on IG. hopefully that's public.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on October 15, 2020, 09:50:48 AM
Ian's post works for me.  Good stuff! 
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: black stallion on October 15, 2020, 12:21:23 PM

now just think to this song with Dale on drums..
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on October 15, 2020, 12:56:09 PM
Sounds really good. Got that dark sexy twisted energy like "Dog Island" or "Brain Center." I think Dillard really holds it down here.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on October 15, 2020, 07:00:44 PM
 =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; :toke:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 15, 2020, 10:57:46 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 15, 2020, 12:56:09 PM
Sounds really good. Got that dark sexy twisted energy like "Dog Island" or "Brain Center." I think Dillard really holds it down here.

Brain Center? hmm interesting, I felt more of a "Sesame Street Meat" vibe. I have to admit though that I'm not very impressed with the song, it's too similar to other riffs I've listened to, specially when I compare it to "Housing, Luxury, Energy" or "Science In Modern America" which I truly believe are REALLY great tunes.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on October 15, 2020, 11:27:26 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 15, 2020, 10:57:46 PM

Brain Center? hmm interesting...

Oops I meant "The Fool"
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: black stallion on October 16, 2020, 01:29:01 AM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 15, 2020, 10:57:46 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 15, 2020, 12:56:09 PM
Sounds really good. Got that dark sexy twisted energy like "Dog Island" or "Brain Center." I think Dillard really holds it down here.


Brain Center? hmm interesting, I felt more of a "Sesame Street Meat" vibe. I have to admit though that I'm not very impressed with the song, it's too similar to other riffs I've listened to, specially when I compare it to "Housing, Luxury, Energy" or "Science In Modern America" which I truly believe are REALLY great tunes.

can see your point
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: el gep on October 16, 2020, 03:28:54 AM
Quote from: black stallion on October 15, 2020, 12:21:23 PM

now just think to this song with Dale on drums..

Makes me think of "wow, that acoustic guitar duet is awesome, but it would be better with some drums and a fuzz pedal".  :lol:
That's not the point!
The point is Buzz and Dale playing with their good old friend on drums, THAT is the point, and that's all good!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on October 16, 2020, 03:47:19 AM
Quote from: el gep on October 16, 2020, 03:28:54 AM
Quote from: black stallion on October 15, 2020, 12:21:23 PM

now just think to this song with Dale on drums..

Makes me think of "wow, that acoustic guitar duet is awesome, but it would be better with some drums and a fuzz pedal".  :lol:
That's not the point!
The point is Buzz and Dale playing with their good old friend on drums, THAT is the point, and that's all good!

I could literally stick a fuzz pedal up my butt and it would sound good with drums.

Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: el gep on October 16, 2020, 03:57:22 AM
I'd like to watch it on my digital coat rail!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: black stallion on October 16, 2020, 05:53:58 AM
Quote from: el gep on October 16, 2020, 03:28:54 AM
Quote from: black stallion on October 15, 2020, 12:21:23 PM

now just think to this song with Dale on drums..

Makes me think of "wow, that acoustic guitar duet is awesome, but it would be better with some drums and a fuzz pedal".  :lol:
That's not the point!
The point is Buzz and Dale playing with their good old friend on drums, THAT is the point, and that's all good!

don't know.. speaking of Buzz solo album i don't miss Dale. this song by Melvins 83 is good but i wouldn't mind to hear a different more dynamic drumming on it. still like it though!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: el gep on October 16, 2020, 06:12:44 AM
Yep, we all miss Dave:
https://elredroprock.bandcamp.com/track/dale-crover-is-gone
:?

Whatever Melvins 1983 rule!
"I Told You I Was Crazy" (Portishead! Tom Waits!) and "Doctor Mule" (The Sparks on Meth!) are some of my Melvins favorites!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on October 16, 2020, 07:03:49 AM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 15, 2020, 10:57:46 PM
it's too similar to other riffs I've listened to
That is true. It is very reminiscent of some other recent-ish Melvins material. I agree with you too about how Gift Of Sacrifice exhibited something different. Something fresher.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: black stallion on October 16, 2020, 07:06:01 AM
Quote from: el gep on October 16, 2020, 06:12:44 AM
Yep, we all miss Dave:
https://elredroprock.bandcamp.com/track/dale-crover-is-gone
:?

Whatever Melvins 1983 rule!
"I Told You I Was Crazy" (Portishead! Tom Waits!) and "Doctor Mule" (The Sparks on Meth!) are some of my Melvins favorites!

agreed, Tres Cabrones was great
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: el gep on October 16, 2020, 07:58:48 AM
I also do agree about guitar riffing similarity between some recent songs (well, for the last 10 years or so). Even in "Gift Of Sacrifice".
Identity? Spiral turns? Badly inspired or self-inspired? I'm sometimes asking myself these questions, as well for my own work.
Maybe there's a little of all of this...
Nothing really wrong, that being said...
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: black stallion on October 16, 2020, 08:23:53 AM
i think when you're such an influential musician, with such a unique playing style, is very hard to write something totally fresh after so many years of career and albums. with this said, i pay too much respect to Buzz, i will always appreciate his music
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: el gep on October 16, 2020, 08:26:19 AM
Yep, reinventing the steel after writing 78457,5789 songs is... hem, difficult!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on October 16, 2020, 02:15:05 PM
Oct 25 for the vinyl.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on October 16, 2020, 05:42:35 PM
Quote from: black stallion on October 15, 2020, 12:21:23 PM
now just think to this song with Dale on drums..
To be honest, listening to the song, i can't imagine that Dale would have done very much different. In fact it even sounds a bit "Dale" to me.

All in all, it makes me really want to know more about Dillard. It would be great to see an interview with him. I'd love to know if he kept up the drum playing all these years or whether he left it alone in the down time until the 1983 idea came along. I just wonder what kind of character he is and how he fits into the band etc.


Currently watching Idle's video of a 1983 gig. Pretty damn cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHBOM_PZ99c
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on October 17, 2020, 02:34:39 AM
Quote from: jules on October 16, 2020, 02:15:05 PM
Oct 25... Ten nano seconds for the vinyl.

Fixed, ta Jules!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on October 17, 2020, 03:37:06 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on October 17, 2020, 02:34:39 AM
Quote from: jules on October 16, 2020, 02:15:05 PM
Oct 25... Ten nano seconds for the vinyl.

Fixed, ta Jules!

(https://i.ibb.co/BgxSyYN/tenor.gif)
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on October 18, 2020, 01:07:31 AM
Love you Jules!  :love:  :wink: :oops::lol:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on October 19, 2020, 09:20:33 PM
Listening to Tres Cantonese. Maybe these novelty songs were things the band would joke about in their youth, on the tour van or whatever. I like 'em.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on October 20, 2020, 12:49:52 AM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 19, 2020, 09:20:33 PM
Listening to Tres Cantonese. Maybe these novelty songs were things the band would joke about in their youth, on the tour van or whatever. I like 'em.

That's what I was kind of saying. It's gotta be some kind of inside Joke or something from back in the day.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: CoryCory on October 20, 2020, 07:37:45 AM
I'm also in the boat of liking the novelty songs. Melvins 1983 is supposed to capture a more juvenile nature of the band, anyways.

Also gonna try to get in on the order for the vinyl Sunday. Haven't done one of those in awhile but I really like both songs I've heard.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: JFKC on October 21, 2020, 05:24:40 PM
So, does that shit go on sale at midnight Sunday? Me must have, Me no wait
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on October 21, 2020, 06:21:25 PM
Quote from: JFKC on October 21, 2020, 05:24:40 PM
So, does that shit go on sale at midnight Sunday? Me must have, Me no wait
Noon central, shoxop.com
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: JFKC on October 21, 2020, 06:43:11 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on October 21, 2020, 06:21:25 PM
Quote from: JFKC on October 21, 2020, 05:24:40 PM
So, does that shit go on sale at midnight Sunday? Me must have, Me no wait
Noon central, shoxop.com

TANKS!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on October 21, 2020, 08:10:33 PM
DD I also wrote My Sweet Lord for George Harrison ;)
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on October 23, 2020, 06:08:26 AM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 21, 2020, 08:10:33 PM
DD I also wrote My Sweet Lord for George Harrison ;)

That song doesn't annoy me the way the Melvins cover of 99 bottles of beer and tie my pecker to a tree are supposed to annoy people.

I think that's probably why those funny cover songs are a Melvins 1983 thing, because the band is named after a most annoying type of person, and I would imagine that the Tres Cabrones was done in the spirit of being obnoxious.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: PepsiMike on October 23, 2020, 10:15:15 AM
'Tie my pecker to a tree' is weird, how do you tie your pecker to a tree? You've got to either have a really big pecker, or a really small tree. Makes no sense.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on October 23, 2020, 11:08:45 AM
Quote from: PepsiMike on October 23, 2020, 10:15:15 AM
'Tie my pecker to a tree' is weird, how do you tie your pecker to a tree? You've got to either have a really big pecker, or a really small tree. Makes no sense.
I don't think it's the size of tree or pecker that's important, rather the diameter of twine.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on October 23, 2020, 03:04:36 PM
I like to imagine it's like in a cartoon where things can sometimes stretch like rubber..Uncle Walt used to refer to it as "The plausible impossible"
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on October 23, 2020, 05:56:33 PM
I referenced Harrison as the poster child of subconscious plagiarism. I stole your comment unwittingly.

The words of "Tie My Pecker to a Tree" makes less sense the more I ponder it. Is it detachable? Or is the protagonist tied to a tree by his pecker? Is it to keep the pecker away from the female or the population in general or the protagonist himself? Deep questions deserving answers.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on October 24, 2020, 01:51:41 AM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 23, 2020, 05:56:33 PM
I referenced Harrison as the poster child of subconscious plagiarism. I stole your comment unwittingly.

The words of "Tie My Pecker to a Tree" makes less sense the more I ponder it. Is it detachable? Or is the protagonist tied to a tree by his pecker? Is it to keep the pecker away from the female or the population in general or the protagonist himself? Deep questions deserving answers.

It's just sounds like an odd old time southern yankee redneck expression, like "Kiss my grits" ...in the context of the song it's like down by the bay kinda...when you see something you can't believe, you might declare "Well tie my pecker to a tree"

Even the word pecker is interesting.



Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on October 25, 2020, 11:46:00 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on October 24, 2020, 01:51:41 AM
Even the word pecker is interesting.

It's the male equivalent of growler.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on October 25, 2020, 12:02:01 PM
 :cheers: :buzz: :toke: :buzz: :cheers:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on October 25, 2020, 12:04:56 PM
first time gettin a bundle
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on October 25, 2020, 12:05:32 PM
Got the pumpkin punk
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: buddy holiday on October 25, 2020, 12:06:04 PM
pumpkin punk it is!  :evil:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on October 25, 2020, 12:06:07 PM
Right when it hit 12central the products weren't up instantly had to refresh for a sec
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Jozzy on October 25, 2020, 12:07:28 PM
Snagged a pumpkin punk \:D/
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: buddy holiday on October 25, 2020, 12:09:08 PM
here in switzerland we still have the winter/summer time change... so clock got back 1 hour today. instead of 7pm our time i had to be ready at 6pm... big challenge... plus i was bbq-ing and drinnking beer since 11 am. well done! (all of it)
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: JFKC on October 25, 2020, 12:12:11 PM
I'll fucking actually made it, unfortunately I could only get the gold, I wanted that pumpkin shit, but I still scored and I'm super stoked
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: JFKC on October 25, 2020, 12:12:58 PM
And I want to thank all you guys from Melvins.net for cluing me in on what to do. Thank you Mucho
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on October 25, 2020, 12:17:26 PM
   
      =D&gt; :ohsnap: =D&gt;
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Tobias on October 25, 2020, 12:18:08 PM
Got a dayglo candy
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on October 25, 2020, 12:35:41 PM
Quote from: buddy holiday on October 25, 2020, 12:09:08 PM
here in switzerland we still have the winter/summer time change... so clock got back 1 hour today. instead of 7pm our time i had to be ready at 6pm... big challenge... plus i was bbq-ing and drinnking beer since 11 am. well done! (all of it)
You do this DRUNK? I have to do yoga for half an hour before I attempt this, and I still almost pebbledash my undercrackers as I'm hitting refresh.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: buddy holiday on October 25, 2020, 12:49:47 PM
Quote from: jules on October 25, 2020, 12:35:41 PM
Quote from: buddy holiday on October 25, 2020, 12:09:08 PM
here in switzerland we still have the winter/summer time change... so clock got back 1 hour today. instead of 7pm our time i had to be ready at 6pm... big challenge... plus i was bbq-ing and drinnking beer since 11 am. well done! (all of it)
You do this DRUNK? I have to do yoga for half an hour before I attempt this, and I still almost pebbledash my undercrackers as I'm hitting refresh.
semidrunk.... its covid after all so i also distance a bit to beer...
and i have get up early for work (from home) tomorrow..
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on October 25, 2020, 12:51:36 PM
Quote from: buddy holiday on October 25, 2020, 12:49:47 PM
semidrunk.... its covid after all so i also distance a bit to beer...
and i have get up early for work (from bed) tomorrow..

Fixed
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Budspawn on October 25, 2020, 12:58:37 PM
 :merde: Damn it, didn't think about the clock change
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: vince furnier on October 25, 2020, 01:32:21 PM
https://youtu.be/rJkUp8Eaa4w
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Hands First Flower on October 25, 2020, 01:35:37 PM
Will there be a shirt of this design?
(Maybe on diff colors than black shirt?)
Will buy for sure.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: vince furnier on October 25, 2020, 01:40:05 PM
Quote from: Hands First Flower on October 25, 2020, 01:35:37 PM
Will there be a shirt of this design?
(Maybe on diff colors than black shirt?)
Will buy for sure.
make sure you tell HAZE and Walsby/ Bifocal on all their socials. i'm rockin my pistachio HAT Besides Nutty Brains shirt today and lovin it.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on October 25, 2020, 04:33:20 PM
Ordered el cheapo CD. Was this stuff recorded in the last 6 months, or are they leftovers from Tres Cabrones sessions? Either way glad to have more of it. Just wondering because going back to the Freak Puke album, I believe Buzz said they had recorded enough material for like 2 to 3 albums.
With the touring lockdown, maybe Buzz is re-evaluating the recording/release schedule and putting stuff out now that wasn't necessarily the plan a year ago.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on October 25, 2020, 06:14:51 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on October 25, 2020, 04:33:20 PM
Was this stuff recorded in the last 6 months, or are they leftovers from Tres Cabrones sessions?
No, it's new material. Buzz has said a few times in recent interviews about a new 1983 album coming out plus the band (with Dillard) were photographed in the studio together a few months ago. Dillard with a big long beard too!


Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on October 25, 2020, 04:33:20 PM
With the touring lockdown, maybe Buzz is re-evaluating the recording/release schedule and putting stuff out now that wasn't necessarily the plan a year ago.
I'd like to think that but it seems the opposite. Buzz even said he doesn't see the point in working on a new record with no touring set on the horizon. Which is a shame, like you say, it would be the ideal time to get some more stuff out there.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 28, 2020, 02:04:55 PM
Any update about the Mullet CDs and vinyls being shipped? At least I haven't received any email about it.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: moose on October 28, 2020, 02:30:24 PM
Okay I'm not the only one...it's usually like next day.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on October 28, 2020, 02:40:53 PM
looks like I got a shipping update on Monday (stamps.com email)- items that go up on sundays, I usually receive by Thur/ fri
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Jozzy on October 28, 2020, 03:42:05 PM
No shipping update for me either. Not too worried about it seeing that Haze has kicked ass getting all my previous stuff shipped to me so quickly.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: moose on October 28, 2020, 04:02:20 PM
No doubt.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Tobias on October 28, 2020, 04:43:19 PM
I just got my vinyl and cd today. About to give it a spin
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on October 28, 2020, 06:26:12 PM
vinyl arrived today dam haze isn't wasting any time
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on October 29, 2020, 11:25:22 AM
I just got notice that it shipped yesterday but the tracking says 'Status Unavailable'.  Hope mine doesn't arrive as quick because I'm not back in Oregon until Sunday.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on October 29, 2020, 11:26:42 AM
For anyone who has the heard the EP, what do the other two tracks 'Fuck Around' and 'Horse Faced Goon' sound like? Are they proper songs or "jerking around" pieces?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on October 29, 2020, 11:49:04 AM
Got my shipping notification today.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Jozzy on October 29, 2020, 12:00:31 PM
Got my shipping notice as well.

Side note: Still haven't got my shipping notice for my Bungle records. What is the point of pre-orders when you don't even attempt to try and get people their stuff on time?  :x
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: CoryCory on October 29, 2020, 12:18:13 PM
Shit, I knew I forgot something on Sunday!  #-o
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on October 29, 2020, 01:07:38 PM
Quote from: Jozzy on October 29, 2020, 12:00:31 PM
Got my shipping notice as well.

Side note: Still haven't got my shipping notice for my Bungle records. What is the point of pre-orders when you don't even attempt to try and get people their stuff on time?  :x
Got my Bungle notice a day or two ago but status is still 'Shipping Label Created'.  If it's at that stage please don't send me an email saying 'Your Item Has Shipped!', you get me excited and then 🤬
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 29, 2020, 02:08:28 PM
No shipping notification yet.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: #2 Pencil on October 29, 2020, 02:49:39 PM
Got my Bungle Yearbook CD yesterday. Looks like my vinyl will turn up Monday, but am hoping for today.

If you liked the original demo, this will blow you away. Perfectly recorded and pretty much note for note the same
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Tobias on October 29, 2020, 03:57:40 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on October 29, 2020, 11:26:42 AM
For anyone who has the heard the EP, what do the other two tracks 'Fuck Around' and 'Horse Faced Goon' sound like? Are they proper songs or "jerking around" pieces?
Fuck Around is a goof  on The Beach Boys I Get Around. Horse Face Goon is a proper song
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on October 29, 2020, 09:05:45 PM
Quote from: Tobias on October 29, 2020, 03:57:40 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on October 29, 2020, 11:26:42 AM
For anyone who has the heard the EP, what do the other two tracks 'Fuck Around' and 'Horse Faced Goon' sound like? Are they proper songs or "jerking around" pieces?
Fuck Around is a goof  on The Beach Boys I Get Around. Horse Face Goon is a proper song
Ah thanks, i did suspect at least one of the tracks would be something flippant and humour based. Now i think about it, im reasonably sure i've heard the band messing around singing "round, round, fuck around i fuck around" before on some show or something. Can anyone else remember that?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: vince furnier on October 29, 2020, 09:22:18 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on October 29, 2020, 09:05:45 PM
Quote from: Tobias on October 29, 2020, 03:57:40 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on October 29, 2020, 11:26:42 AM
For anyone who has the heard the EP, what do the other two tracks 'Fuck Around' and 'Horse Faced Goon' sound like? Are they proper songs or "jerking around" pieces?
Fuck Around is a goof  on The Beach Boys I Get Around. Horse Face Goon is a proper song
Ah thanks, i did suspect at least one of the tracks would be something flippant and humour based. Now i think about it, im reasonably sure i've heard the band messing around singing "round, round, fuck around i fuck around" before on some show or something. Can anyone else remember that?
was that part of the Adult Swim thing where they sang the Monkees theme as "hey, hey, we're the junkies"?  :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on October 29, 2020, 09:26:16 PM
Quote from: vince furnier on October 29, 2020, 09:22:18 PM
was that part of the Adult Swim thing where they sang the Monkees theme as "hey, hey, we're the junkies"?
Yes, i think so. That's what im thinking anyway. I definitely remember the Monkees thing during that. The fuck around thing i seem to recall Dale maybe singing it. I could be very wrong there. It's only the slightest of recollections by me on this one.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: CoryCory on October 29, 2020, 09:49:49 PM
It was a show but I can't remember when exactly, double drum lineup. Some dude yelled for Honey Bucket and they responded with I Fuck Around.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 29, 2020, 11:25:53 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 29, 2020, 02:08:28 PM
No shipping notification yet.

UPDATE: Shipping notification received.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Jozzy on November 02, 2020, 03:43:22 PM
Got mine today!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on November 05, 2020, 09:08:29 AM
The keyboard bit at the end of 'Fuck Around' VERY much reminds me of Carly Simon's hit 'Coming Around Again'. Surely intentional right?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on November 06, 2020, 08:46:41 AM
Quote from: Jozzy on November 02, 2020, 03:43:22 PM
Got mine today!

This!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on November 06, 2020, 03:23:11 PM
CDs arrived!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on November 08, 2020, 06:23:53 PM
Fun EP. Bring on a full 83 album again! The T-bird logo/cover art looks very similar to a High On Fire shirt I have from the last time I saw them live, summer '15.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: blewis on November 10, 2020, 02:23:14 PM
Does anyone know if a digital version of this cd is floating around anywhere? I do realize it hasn't officially been released digitally.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: the bloat on November 10, 2020, 09:54:03 PM
I don't even own a CD player anymore! I'll prob still buy it though...
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on November 16, 2020, 02:46:19 PM
I'm listening to the CD. The verses of "Fuck Around" and the main riff of "Bouncing Rick" have a sound that I can only describe as 'low bitrate encoding.'

I also heard this on the Bandcamp for the Working With God album and ignored it as just low bitrate encoding.

Anyone else?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: black stallion on November 16, 2020, 03:08:50 PM
i can see what you mean, you call it 'low bitrate encoding' ... i call it 'Toshi recording'  :)
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: moose on November 16, 2020, 05:52:45 PM
Quote from: black stallion on November 16, 2020, 03:08:50 PM
i can see what you mean, you call it 'low bitrate encoding' ... i call it 'Toshi recording'  :)
Ouch
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on November 16, 2020, 06:30:23 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 16, 2020, 02:46:19 PM
I'm listening to the CD. The verses of "Fuck Around" and the main riff of "Bouncing Rick" have a sound that I can only describe as 'low bitrate encoding.'

I also heard this on the Bandcamp for the Working With God album and ignored it as just low bitrate encoding.

Anyone else?
Are you talking about the weird volume drops?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on November 17, 2020, 01:04:41 AM
Sort of a volume drop in the verses, but more like a loss of high end definition and a sloshy sound overall
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Stonergrunge on November 23, 2020, 04:33:08 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 17, 2020, 01:04:41 AM
Sort of a volume drop in the verses, but more like a loss of high end definition and a sloshy sound overall

Yes, it sounds a little bit darker, maybe mid-scooped.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: dirtmerchant on November 23, 2020, 08:52:03 PM
I love the material but I agree the production is a little off. Caddy daddy sounds muffled. The past few albums have had weird production with the shitkid collab being the worst. I know it's just an EP but it sounds terrible. I remember an interview with buzz where he said something like " we didn't spend much time on it, we don't overthink things anymore " etc. I'm paraphrasing. But it's like yea, sounds like you just went in, in a day and shit it out. I like a lot of the stuff they've done with Toshi but it wouldn't kill em to step out and work with someone else every now and then. I read buzz said he'd like to work with joe barresi again. Stoner witch is one of their best sounding albums. I know we get a lot more material with then using toshi and their own studio but maybe one day they will step out of their comfort zone.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on November 23, 2020, 09:07:33 PM
I would LOVE for any of that Cynthia Massey stuff to come out. Maybe it was just a single song session but I have a hard time believing they didn't at least sound check a few tunes.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: ))))(((( on November 23, 2020, 09:14:50 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 23, 2020, 09:07:33 PM
I would LOVE for any of that Cynthia Massey stuff to come out. Maybe it was just a single song session but I have a hard time believing they didn't at least sound check a few tunes.
I always keep thinking back to that too! Just to hear the uniqueness of that situation.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: rimb on November 23, 2020, 10:10:18 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 23, 2020, 09:07:33 PM
I would LOVE for any of that Cynthia Massey stuff to come out. Maybe it was just a single song session but I have a hard time believing they didn't at least sound check a few tunes.

Sylvia Massey?

https://mixwiththemasters.com/news/recording-band-sylvia-massy-melvins-1
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: black stallion on November 24, 2020, 01:25:12 AM
Quote from: dirtmerchant on November 23, 2020, 08:52:03 PM
I love the material but I agree the production is a little off. Caddy daddy sounds muffled. The past few albums have had weird production with the shitkid collab being the worst. I know it's just an EP but it sounds terrible. I remember an interview with buzz where he said something like " we didn't spend much time on it, we don't overthink things anymore " etc. I'm paraphrasing. But it's like yea, sounds like you just went in, in a day and shit it out. I like a lot of the stuff they've done with Toshi but it wouldn't kill em to step out and work with someone else every now and then. I read buzz said he'd like to work with joe barresi again. Stoner witch is one of their best sounding albums. I know we get a lot more material with then using toshi and their own studio but maybe one day they will step out of their comfort zone.

totally agree on everything you said
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: amazonAMAZON on November 24, 2020, 04:56:48 AM
Yes, sorry, Sylvia Massey.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: blewis on November 24, 2020, 05:54:35 AM
Quote from: rimb on November 23, 2020, 10:10:18 PM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 23, 2020, 09:07:33 PM
I would LOVE for any of that Cynthia Massey stuff to come out. Maybe it was just a single song session but I have a hard time believing they didn't at least sound check a few tunes.

Sylvia Massey?

https://mixwiththemasters.com/news/recording-band-sylvia-massy-melvins-1

Is there more to this story? Does anyone know if/when this will be released? Sylvia's Wiki says they records a single:
"From the Heart / Not a Leech" - 2017
I'd love to know more.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on December 20, 2020, 11:59:49 AM
1st Factory edition up in a minute.....only $25.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on December 20, 2020, 12:02:52 PM
Quote from: jules on December 20, 2020, 11:59:49 AM
1st Factory edition up in a minute.....only $25.
Couple minutes?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on December 20, 2020, 12:03:15 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on December 20, 2020, 12:02:52 PM
Quote from: jules on December 20, 2020, 11:59:49 AM
1st Factory edition up in a minute.....only $25.
Couple minutes?

https://www.shoxop.com/products/melvins-1983-mullet-10-factory-edition-pontiac-gold-variant?_pos=2&_sid=9d4f794f9&_ss=r
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on December 20, 2020, 12:05:56 PM
Why isn't it in the Brand Spankin New section?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on December 20, 2020, 12:07:15 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on December 20, 2020, 12:05:56 PM
Why isn't it in the Brand Spankin New section?
They're giving us a head start.

(or Rob's drunk)
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on December 20, 2020, 12:08:51 PM
Kept refreshing the 'BRAND SPANKIN NEW' section like always but it was actually under the 'AMREP' section  :? Any-who I snagged one but ive so many Q's lol -is that where we can expect new releases to show up from now on? And does anyone think  itll be up all day, being that it's in a diff section of the website ?

https://www.shoxop.com/collections/amphetamine-reptile
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: buddy holiday on December 20, 2020, 12:11:11 PM
happens from time to time. i always check the frontpage the brandspanking new and search by keyword    :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: moose on December 20, 2020, 12:12:37 PM
Anybody find any "leftovers"?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: buddy holiday on December 20, 2020, 12:13:31 PM
Quote from: moose on December 20, 2020, 12:12:37 PM
Anybody find any "leftovers"?
mudhoney split... nothing else i could see...
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on December 20, 2020, 12:14:10 PM
Quote from: moose on December 20, 2020, 12:12:37 PM
Anybody find any "leftovers"?
https://www.shoxop.com/collections/amphetamine-reptile/products/melvins-with-mudhoney-white-lazy-boy-10-noir-edition
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: moose on December 20, 2020, 12:14:27 PM
Oh good eye. I didn't notice that!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on December 20, 2020, 12:17:14 PM
Quote from: jules on December 20, 2020, 12:14:10 PM
Quote from: moose on December 20, 2020, 12:12:37 PM
Anybody find any "leftovers"?
https://www.shoxop.com/collections/amphetamine-reptile/products/melvins-with-mudhoney-white-lazy-boy-10-noir-edition
Scoop !
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on December 20, 2020, 12:20:43 PM
 :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on December 20, 2020, 12:38:36 PM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on December 20, 2020, 12:17:14 PM
Quote from: jules on December 20, 2020, 12:14:10 PM
Quote from: moose on December 20, 2020, 12:12:37 PM
Anybody find any "leftovers"?
https://www.shoxop.com/collections/amphetamine-reptile/products/melvins-with-mudhoney-white-lazy-boy-10-noir-edition
Scoop !

:banana:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on December 20, 2020, 01:04:42 PM
Quote from: laptop sorcery on December 20, 2020, 12:38:36 PM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on December 20, 2020, 12:17:14 PM
Quote from: jules on December 20, 2020, 12:14:10 PM
Quote from: moose on December 20, 2020, 12:12:37 PM
Anybody find any "leftovers"?
https://www.shoxop.com/collections/amphetamine-reptile/products/melvins-with-mudhoney-white-lazy-boy-10-noir-edition
Scoop !

:banana:
(https://i.gifer.com/2B1B.gif)
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on December 27, 2020, 12:04:11 PM
Hmmm 🤔 wonder if they're going up later today? Or maybe next Sunday ?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on December 27, 2020, 12:04:52 PM
I was wondering if Rob overslept....
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Budspawn on December 27, 2020, 12:05:36 PM
Where are the records? :|
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on December 27, 2020, 12:13:57 PM
Shall we do shifts?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on December 27, 2020, 12:37:12 PM
Quote from: jules on December 27, 2020, 12:13:57 PM
Shall we do shifts?
looks 👀 as if we have no choice
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on December 27, 2020, 02:07:27 PM
anyone else' 'mullet' long sleeve show up this past week? turned out p damn good
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on December 27, 2020, 03:23:41 PM
Quote from: laptop sorcery on December 27, 2020, 02:07:27 PM
anyone else' 'mullet' long sleeve show up this past week? turned out p damn good
I ordered one but I haven't been home since last Sunday.  I haven't received any shipping notification.  Did you get a notice?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on December 27, 2020, 03:35:34 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on December 27, 2020, 03:23:41 PM
Quote from: laptop sorcery on December 27, 2020, 02:07:27 PM
anyone else' 'mullet' long sleeve show up this past week? turned out p damn good
I ordered one but I haven't been home since last Sunday.  I haven't received any shipping notification.  Did you get a notice?

Received a PayPal shipping notification on 12-8
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on December 27, 2020, 06:07:23 PM
Ah, ok.  I didn't order until 12/13.  Also ordered the Walsby Big Biz Wham shirt with it
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on December 30, 2020, 05:09:50 PM
Now it's THIS Sunday!

(https://i.ibb.co/N22GVm3/Orange.jpg)
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on December 30, 2020, 06:13:03 PM
F sick. Called it  :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Twatay on January 01, 2021, 02:56:48 AM
Anyone else think side B of this mofo is so fucking sick??  Both songs fucking slay!  Sorry but IMHO Brian The Horse Faced Goon has one of the catchiest, crunchiest, ear wormiest grooves right after "GOON!" is shouted and everybody links up for the most fun and headbangin shit I've heard in a long time.  I cannot get enough!! Goddamn.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on January 03, 2021, 12:02:20 PM
Success!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: GiveMe45 on January 03, 2021, 12:04:09 PM
Got both
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: vince furnier on January 03, 2021, 12:06:36 PM
YERP!!!  :ohsnap:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on January 03, 2021, 12:10:59 PM
Pow 💥  pow 💥    Are u saying pow!?
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on January 03, 2021, 01:26:26 PM
 :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: JFKC on January 03, 2021, 03:58:36 PM
They still have more mullets, screaming chicken orange variant's left....get em!
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: the bloat on January 03, 2021, 09:21:46 PM
Just got one! I always seem to miss these. Tonight was my lucky night  8)
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on January 04, 2021, 01:05:51 PM
gone now
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: JFKC on January 30, 2021, 02:25:03 AM
I want to thank Jules for always hooking us up with the great info and scoops, but dang it, I have way too many mullets.... I guess that's what happens when you get greedy...
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Dumpster D on February 01, 2021, 01:07:44 PM
I had a melvins dream the other night, all I can remember is Buzz coming up on stage but he was young, like 1983 Buzz with the oldschool lineup and the stage was small so was right there, not what you'd have called a crowd or anything, but I was like surprised to see buzz back in his youth.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: JFKC on February 01, 2021, 08:27:28 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on February 01, 2021, 01:07:44 PM
I had a melvins dream the other night, all I can remember is Buzz coming up on stage but he was young, like 1983 Buzz with the oldschool lineup and the stage was small so was right there, not what you'd have called a crowd or anything, but I was like surprised to see buzz back in his youth.
sounds like a spiritual experience, well secretly, he is still that buzz, being in a band for a career or even a hobby demands eternal immaturity
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: jules on February 28, 2021, 10:54:48 AM
Some cheap Mullet vinyl at Shoxop right now....
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on February 28, 2021, 05:24:59 PM
Quote from: jules on February 28, 2021, 10:54:48 AM
Some cheap Mullet vinyl at Shoxop right now....

Thanks, and ordered :D, along w/ the latest Hammerhead reissue cheapy CD. I have the WWG CD coming any day now. Also ordered the WWG, HAT, & GPT vinyl separately too, but those seem to be on backorder. May cancel those, and see if I can find in brick & mortar stores soon.
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: von grip on March 01, 2021, 01:28:42 AM
2nD AVE RECORDS got copies of the reissues (and wwg)- they posted sat on instagram
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: buddy holiday on November 17, 2022, 09:19:54 AM
https://www.shoxop.com/products/melvins-1983-mullet-10-edition
Title: Re: Melvins 1983 Mullet
Post by: PepsiMike on October 31, 2023, 12:08:47 PM
$20 scratch/dent sale

https://www.shoxop.com/products/melvins-1983-mullet-10-scratch-n-dent-factory-edition-pontiac-gold-variant?_pos=2&_sid=55dcf657a&_ss=r