Are now for sale at chunklet.com for a limited time. I don't expect the singles to last the week so act fast.
Done and done. I went with the clear blue.
Oh, I also noticed there's mp3s from the show on the site, nice.
Got me some clear gold. Whatever that might turn out to look like.
Excellent - thanks for letting us know.
Clear blue and hot pink for me!
Thanks for the heads up, a little pricey though for a 7'' but what can you do...i still bought 2
I've ordered myself one. And a poster!!!
I nabbed one in solid purple. I ain't never had one of them purple records before.
Purple is popular with the lady folk.
Totally!!!!!!
I got the clear orange and the Harvey Milk DVD.
$50 for a 7" a 3" and a DVD. :(
Quote from: Dog Tired on November 01, 2006, 11:52:40 AM
I got the clear orange and the Harvey Milk DVD.
$50 for a 7" a 3" and a DVD. :(
The dvd contains about 3,5 hours of footage, it that makes you feel better.
:lol: yeah that does.
what's all on this man?
nice, got a clear and a purple
Quote from: Dog Tired on November 01, 2006, 12:47:19 PM
:lol: yeah that does.
what's all on this man?
Several songs from 13 shows, both their early shows and the reunion ones. The quality differs of course, since it's all amateur footage, but personally I don't have a problkem with that. The guys from Chunklet fixed it up as good as they could, and made a wonderful dvd. The artwork by O'Mally is a little dissapointing. Also, theres our songs from a night on April Fools when they played REM's Reckoning.
Man the footage from the final show in '98 is fucking awesome, during that Era they were like The Experience or a good Cream or something. I have been kicking myself for months for not being hip to Harvey Milk sooner.
Quote from: norecess on November 01, 2006, 01:36:25 PM
Quote from: Dog Tired on November 01, 2006, 12:47:19 PM
:lol: yeah that does.
what's all on this man?
Several songs from 13 shows, both their early shows and the reunion ones. The quality differs of course, since it's all amateur footage, but personally I don't have a problkem with that. The guys from Chunklet fixed it up as good as they could, and made a wonderful dvd. The artwork by O'Mally is a little dissapointing. Also, theres our songs from a night on April Fools when they played REM's Reckoning.
Norecess knows all!
I ordered mine and I picked clear red.
Just picked one up. First time I got a Melvins 7" that wasn't sold out.
Quote from: Guts on November 01, 2006, 04:34:26 PM
I ordered mine and I picked clear red.
?
the only options for me were:
clear gold
clear green
solid purple
clear
black.
i think
Quote from: Vcavallo on November 01, 2006, 06:10:18 PM
Quote from: Guts on November 01, 2006, 04:34:26 PM
I ordered mine and I picked clear red.
?
the only options for me were:
clear gold
clear green
solid purple
clear
black.
i think
They must have sold the rest already. They had, to the best of recollection: clear red, clear orange, clear blue, and pink as well as what's left.
this -i swear- is true:
i tried to order five of them in order to keep them out of the hands of capitalist ebay non-fan assholes. i wanted to order a bunch so that when they sell out, members here/real fans could buy them from me for the correct price instead of from ebay profiteers. i realize that i would have helped them sell out by buying a bunch, but it would make no difference really because i wouldn't be keeping the copies and i wouldn't be gouging people.
i thought at first that it would be great to buy 10 or 20 and wait for them to go up like the grumpy's singles and then make many hundreds of dollars.....but then i got to thinking about everyone here and in would never feel right ripping people off "just cuz i can". that's a bullshit mentality and it is part of the reason our world sucks.
anyway...there is a limit of 2 per customer. so i got two. one i am DEFINITELY keeping, the other i would consider parting with if a "real fan" got dicked out of a copy at cost.
Quote from: norecess on November 01, 2006, 01:36:25 PM
The artwork by O'Mally is a little dissapointing.
When isn't it?
ZING!
i thought the artwork was pretty cool just my opinion though ..anyone going to pick up the new harvey milk/hayride 7" mine is being held for me nov 7th release date.
MELVINS / PATTON OSWALT split 7" pressing info:
total pressing of 700
300 on black
100 on clear
300 of varying colors
Quote from: Dog Tired on November 01, 2006, 10:49:40 PM
Quote from: norecess on November 01, 2006, 01:36:25 PM
The artwork by O'Mally is a little dissapointing.
When isn't it?
ZING!
Whether you like his artwork is a matter of personal taste of course. However, you can still analyze his design work an objective and conceptual point of view. The difference of the artwork of this dvd and that between the artwork of Khanate, Sunn or Hex by Earth is that the artwork of the latter bands fit the music very well, in my opinion. But to apply the same detailed, chaotic style he used for Khanate for Harvey Milk? I just don't see it. Two completey different feelings come up to me when I listen to or think of the band Harvey Milk, and take a look at the artwork. The art is very detailed, the silver letters on it and all. The colors are sober and good, just as the (beautiful) artwork for Courtesy.
Also, if you want to take a look at the setlist, you have to unfold the outside case first, which is very annoying. And when you take out the inner case, the artwork complety different; no completeness at all. The details are still there, but the colors and chaotic style are totally gone.
But the dvd is cool.
Quote from: norecess on November 02, 2006, 04:32:22 AM
Two completey different feelings come up to me when I listen to or think of the band Harvey Milk, and take a look at the artwork.
maybe the truth lies between the relation of the two.
I picked the clear green one. Last Melvins 7" I bought direct was "With Teeth/Revolve" a few years ago. I saw Oswalt on the Henry Rollins show this summer. Seemed cool enough. Don't know much about him. I've never sat through an episode of King Of Queens, and never saw his movies.
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 02, 2006, 06:40:53 PM
I saw Oswalt on the Henry Rollins show this summer. Seemed cool enough. Don't know much about him. I've never sat through an episode of King Of Queens, and never saw his movies.
If anyones an Oswalt fan, get The Comedians of Comedy dvd. Great stuff.
Quote from: Idlehanz on November 02, 2006, 06:49:16 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 02, 2006, 06:40:53 PM
I saw Oswalt on the Henry Rollins show this summer. Seemed cool enough. Don't know much about him. I've never sat through an episode of King Of Queens, and never saw his movies.
If anyones an Oswalt fan, get The Comedians of Comedy dvd. Great stuff.
It's nerd comedy. Who was the woman with them? I'd never heard of her before.
Quote from: closedeyevisuals on November 01, 2006, 11:26:18 PM
i thought the artwork was pretty cool just my opinion though ..anyone going to pick up the new harvey milk/hayride 7" mine is being held for me nov 7th release date.
what label is that on/where can i get it?
Im listening to Patton Oswalts record "feeling kinda patton", and its great!
fans of Bill Hicks will love this!
[
If anyones an Oswalt fan, get The Comedians of Comedy dvd.
really good work all around here chunklet guy!
the artwork, the artists musically and graphically,
the presentation of the visuals with these sounds
in rare vinyl, its nice
Quote from: Vcavallo on November 02, 2006, 11:07:47 AM
Quote from: norecess on November 02, 2006, 04:32:22 AM
Two completey different feelings come up to me when I listen to or think of the band Harvey Milk, and take a look at the artwork.
maybe the truth lies between the relation of the two.
Not my truth.
Those records are pretty rare then if the crybabys numbers are correct. Got a purple and a clear one myself.
Mine just showed up. I ended up buying two as well. the clear gold is more clear yellow.
Just got mine today. Great quality on these all around. The "solid purple" is actually a marbled purple, and it looks sweet.
My clear orange is more clear red :lol: no it is clear red.
That patton side is amazing.
The harvey milk dvd is amazing too.
I got my marbled purple seven incher in the mail today and it sure is purdy. More importantly, the Melvins song is decent. They are not at their best on this one though. In fact the song has almost a fuzzy quality to it like my needle has some lint or dust on it, but the Patton Oswalt side is clear as a bell (and hilarious). The song is upbeat and rocks pretty good so I shouldn't complain. I'm thinking it's just over two minutes long - so pretty short. Too bad they couldn't squeeze another song on there even if was just noise or some shit.
What are other people's opinion on the Melvins cover of the Sonics Boss Hoss?
Oh and you have to feel the paper that the sleeve comes in. You almost don't want to touch it because its so perfect. Like its going to rub off on your fingers or something. Almost silky. Cool artwork. Alhough didn't we see Buzz riding in a car on the I Can't Shake It 7"? Everyone knows Buzz only uses public transportation. :D
It wasn't just any car...it was a Dodge Challenger.
And I believe it's derrogatory to refer to a woman's breasts as boobs, jugs, winnebagos, or golden bozos...
... and you should only refer to them as hooters.
This is on the record wow.
is it really? that's from an old steve martin skit
Got my clear green copy in the mail today too. Admit it, the Melvins track sucks, and isn't worth the money. If you have to have everything available with MELVINS on it, then knock yourself out with this. If you're expecting something along the lines of aSA, stay away.
It's basically a typical Melvins "noise" track, and wouldn't have fit in on aSA. I was expecting something rocking, this is basically an ass-backwards noise track. Should have been $5 and I wouldn't have bitched. Not worth a ten. The Oswalt cut is funny shit though.
The record has two grooves (one being a backwards track and the other being the regular track). Keep trying if you don't hear the forward version. You'll get it.
See this thread: http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=6932.0
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 07, 2006, 05:39:55 PM
Got my clear green copy in the mail today too. Admit it, the Melvins track sucks, and isn't worth the money. If you have to have everything available with MELVINS on it, then knock yourself out with this. If you're expecting something along the lines of aSA, stay away.
It's basically a typical Melvins "noise" track, and wouldn't have fit in on aSA. I was expecting something rocking, this is basically an ass-backwards noise track. Should have been $5 and I wouldn't have bitched. Not worth a ten. The Oswalt cut is funny shit though.
You got the wrong groove, man. It's a normal Melvins rocker, and it sounds pretty good.
Quote from: TGH on November 07, 2006, 05:50:53 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 07, 2006, 05:39:55 PM
Got my clear green copy in the mail today too. Admit it, the Melvins track sucks, and isn't worth the money. If you have to have everything available with MELVINS on it, then knock yourself out with this. If you're expecting something along the lines of aSA, stay away.
It's basically a typical Melvins "noise" track, and wouldn't have fit in on aSA. I was expecting something rocking, this is basically an ass-backwards noise track. Should have been $5 and I wouldn't have bitched. Not worth a ten. The Oswalt cut is funny shit though.
You got the wrong groove, man. It's a normal Melvins rocker, and it sounds pretty good.
OK, will try again. I've been a vinyl geek for years and never heard of this :shock:. The other cool trick they did was the skipping thing at the end of "Arnie" where it keeps repeating "Dope".
Yeah, I played it again. Pretty fucking cool. I take back my negative review #-o, it's a short song that packs a punch.
Quote from: anaconda on November 07, 2006, 10:13:57 AM
is it really? that's from an old steve martin skit
look on the inside carving.
Quote from: TGH on November 07, 2006, 05:50:53 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 07, 2006, 05:39:55 PM
Got my clear green copy in the mail today too. Admit it, the Melvins track sucks, and isn't worth the money. If you have to have everything available with MELVINS on it, then knock yourself out with this. If you're expecting something along the lines of aSA, stay away.
It's basically a typical Melvins "noise" track, and wouldn't have fit in on aSA. I was expecting something rocking, this is basically an ass-backwards noise track. Should have been $5 and I wouldn't have bitched. Not worth a ten. The Oswalt cut is funny shit though.
You got the wrong groove, man. It's a normal Melvins rocker, and it sounds pretty good.
how about an mp3...
Quote from: FART LIPS on November 08, 2006, 12:02:50 AM
Quote from: TGH on November 07, 2006, 05:50:53 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 07, 2006, 05:39:55 PM
Got my clear green copy in the mail today too. Admit it, the Melvins track sucks, and isn't worth the money. If you have to have everything available with MELVINS on it, then knock yourself out with this. If you're expecting something along the lines of aSA, stay away.
It's basically a typical Melvins "noise" track, and wouldn't have fit in on aSA. I was expecting something rocking, this is basically an ass-backwards noise track. Should have been $5 and I wouldn't have bitched. Not worth a ten. The Oswalt cut is funny shit though.
You got the wrong groove, man. It's a normal Melvins rocker, and it sounds pretty good.
how about an mp3...
The only way I could do it is by taking my shitty mic and putting it next to the speakers. Quite possible making the worst sound Melvins MP3 ever. But someone else who can go without producing crap, certainly needs to post one.
picked one up at the show! woohoo!
these recording are availbale in the "music downloads" section thanks to the Butthole.............
Quotethese recording are availbale in the "music downloads" section thanks to the Butthole.............
What happened to that section? It was there the other day. I didn't get a chance to nab the mp3s for Boss Hoss. Butthole, can you hook a brotha up?
Quote from: the bloat on November 11, 2006, 01:09:25 PM
Quotethese recording are availbale in the "music downloads" section thanks to the Butthole.............
What happened to that section? It was there the other day. I didn't get a chance to nab the mp3s for Boss Hoss. Butthole, can you hook a brotha up?
It's not up, strange? Anyone else having this problem, contact me.
Okay, it's there; you might have to log in, it's free, though.
http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=6924.0
You rule! Thanks dude. :D
Oh by the way, the music download section is back now. I swear it wasn't there when I checked this morning!
I hope everyone that wanted one, got one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Melvins-Patton-Oswalt-Split-7-Solid-Purple-Jay-Ryan_W0QQitemZ220047333162QQihZ012QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
75 :shock:
Wow I would really sell this if I got 75 for it.
I wouldnt. Ill post pics of mine later.
i have ordered 1x clear-green and 1x purple, but i got 2 copies on clear-green wax. if someone wants to trade a copie on another color (except clear wax and black wax) please send a PM.