The War On Wisdom VIDEO

Started by (((O))), March 13, 2012, 12:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

you know something?

I was going to watch this, just like I was going to have a listen to the Bull&the Bees.

I just now, finally lost all respect for a couple of you bigtime. and lost interest in taking a gander myself, I'm a FAN, I get inside the animals! but that doesn't mean I'm less than a man for making a beast of myself. The critic around here is too painfully ignorant and impulsive. 

Wonder if  even I AM  (and I am really "that" cool of a guy most of the time)  pretty pissed at a couple of you, what about the essential source of this wellspring of fan forums....I GOT TO wonder how they feel about your hasty words???

HERE'S A GREAT RIDDLE FOR YA! 

HOW MANY HAZE XXL's does it take to BAN A MELVINS FAN?

bonvoyage I guess.  :(

Dumpster D

Quote from: homeless_dad on March 14, 2012, 01:16:28 AM
Dumpster, nice Troll 2 reference.  Best worst movie for sure.  And very fitting (the quote) for many a recent post.  Well stated.

EXACTLY...TROLL refrence.

and guess what, there were no Trolls in NILBOG.

The same will soon be said around HERE!

homeless_dad

Yeah ok...but why did Li'l Jared have more camera time than Li'l Buzz and really are supposed to believe that these kids are actually singing?  They sound off key, stupid lil Jared couldn't sync to the lyrics exactly (he's off by a 16th of a second.  Oh yeah I timed it!) and in the 12th frame 3rd shot when they do a close up of li'l Buzz he commits the mother of all music video sins.  He hit the wrong note on the fret board (gasp!).  I mean are actually supposed to believe this?!?!  That these are the little mighty melvins!?!?  Puhleese!
Why did a 2 year old film this?  Futhermore, why did they even have a Li'l Jared?  Jared should just stay out of the band.
Jared, Jared, Jared!

(End sarcastic rant.  BTW, don't look a skin horse in the mouth)
Is Ian back yet??

(((O)))

Quote from: homeless_dad on March 13, 2012, 11:55:31 PM
I was never a hater when it came to this song but I like it tons more with the video.
I agree i love it MORE now!!

Chris P. Bacon

We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents-BOB ROSS

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

Braykfast

Now that I think about...leaving the real Jared in the video while the other kids were playing would have been slightly more hilarious.

I cannot wait to see these guys again. My brother and I are going two nights in a row. Hash pills and dank brownies, whiskey and merch booth...I'm gonna need a taxi.
"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010

jonE5

glen

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 14, 2012, 01:38:33 AM
you know something?

I was going to watch this, just like I was going to have a listen to the Bull&the Bees.

I just now, finally lost all respect for a couple of you bigtime. and lost interest in taking a gander myself, I'm a FAN, I get inside the animals! but that doesn't mean I'm less than a man for making a beast of myself. The critic around here is too painfully ignorant and impulsive. 

Wonder if  even I AM  (and I am really "that" cool of a guy most of the time)  pretty pissed at a couple of you, what about the essential source of this wellspring of fan forums....I GOT TO wonder how they feel about your hasty words???

HERE'S A GREAT RIDDLE FOR YA! 

HOW MANY HAZE XXL's does it take to BAN A MELVINS FAN?

bonvoyage I guess.  :(

hey Dumpy,  you feeling ok?

I'm starting to get a little concerned.  you're coming off the tracks a little this week.

we're here for you man.

:D

PS: at least the vid gives us sick-minded stalker types a solid peek at the MELVINS practice space.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

(((O)))

Quote from: glen on March 14, 2012, 12:12:58 PM
PS: at least the vid gives us sick-minded stalker types a solid peek at the MELVINS practice space.
For the past 24 hours i've been scouring every street, side road and alley in LA via Google Street View. I WILL find that garage and steal their gear.  \:D/

...or perhaps just lurk around geekishly outside.  :|

homeless_dad

Quote from: )))((( on March 14, 2012, 12:23:19 PM
For the past 24 hours i've been scouring every street, side road and alley in LA via Google Street View. I WILL find that garage and steal their gear.  \:D/

If only my wife read this board she'd see my Melvins addiction is relatively mild.

Thanks parentheses guy for helping me feel a little normal.
:P :P
Is Ian back yet??

(((O)))

Quote from: homeless_dad on March 14, 2012, 01:58:58 PM

If only my wife read this board she'd see my Melvins addiction is relatively mild.

It's okay i was only joking. Mind you that is a thought hmmm.  8-[

homeless_dad

Quote from: )))((( on March 14, 2012, 03:18:33 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on March 14, 2012, 01:58:58 PM

It's okay i was only joking. Mind you that is a thought hmmm.  8-[
LA is 20 min from me.  Just to be safe I'll pay a sky writer to warn them.
  :) 
Is Ian back yet??

Lunica

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 14, 2012, 01:02:16 AM
ok, so anyway, the part when HAZE said his banning fingers were heavy on those that just ripped blatant mindless jeers without any founding reasoning were like the drunks being tossed out at the party around hmeah, I share this sentiment, If you don't like it fine, but you can't piss on hospitality!

I wont allow it!

this is place is still full of ingrates, everyone is a critic though. 

What happened to the whole Banned fiasco here not too long ago, the whole "if you don't like it get the fuck outta here"  like I thought we were all squared right up to the way things are going to be around here from now on... :? go ahead and feel free to be dissapointed but don't just pop out of nowhere and drop your trousers and yell "DEUCES WILD!!!"

if you have NOTHING but four letter words like, Shit, crud,crap, lame, whatever instead of something constuctive, no soup for you.

I think the terms were "within reason"...negativity is just going nowhere here and were all an inch away from going down the tubes here on this forum...I LIKE IT HERE< so don't make me drop in on your place when I got nowhere else to go, I promise the funk will be there miles before you see me coming.

yet like a deviant little ADHD child, thinks mom and dad's not watching..

5 seconds later...were back at square one, how red is your ass gonna be after the spanking of a lifetime?

does the phrase "don't shit where you eat" bring anything back from about 2 weeks ago..

I smoke pounds of Marijuana and my memory is STILL better than what I just read here.

Hello Mr. drama queen!
I am here because i love the melvins, but that does not mean I have to love every single thing they do. Not liking the video is not an attack on the band, and it's also not a personal attack on you. I can like a video by a crappy band, and I can dislike a video by one of my favorite bands. If this is a "positive comments only" thread, it should be specified in the subject. I would say you really don't have to teach me how this forum works, but if the rules have changed and it is no longer allowed to have an opinion that differs with yours here, I suggest you report me to the moderators and have me banned. Then you can pretend it never happened.

paul: I like the melvins, I like the new album, I like beer. But I don't like the video :D
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

Dumpster D

Did you ever stop and think they wanted to make a video you weren't going to like just because they are pissed at their fans for ripping on them?(just a wild theory) I'd be pretty sick and tired of hearing bad stuff from my fans (ESPECIALLY if I was actually TRYING to make something good). That is STILL beside the point however.

I can relate to that when I've created something I worked hard on, someone always comes up to tell me their negative opinion before I ever asked them.

It gets to the point where I whip out some crayons, m-80's and donkey manure. just light the fuse and run away.

and make something just for you negative critics to finally feel like you have a "purpose". 

the melvins would be happy deliberately making something intolerable just to piss you off if you're not going to like it anyway.

I have not watched this, and I'll be damned if that's going to change if this place wont.

if the video is good or bad, it's still subjectional and irrelavant to THE REAL ISSUE!

pretty soon you won't HAVE a fan forum to even complain in if you keep it up.