King Buzzo - This Machine Kills Artists

Started by (the) flutter nuts, April 07, 2014, 02:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

How about Mike Ness? I've always wondered if Buzz would call him out, for never paying Mackie for designing the Social Distortion logo.  :-k
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

black stallion

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on June 06, 2014, 01:39:03 PM
Quote from: )))((( on June 06, 2014, 09:40:00 AM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on June 05, 2014, 10:10:56 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on June 03, 2014, 07:45:40 PM
New River
The Ripping Driving
The Spoiled Brat
Useless King Of The Punks

= Fucking Awesome

Yeah totally, these are stand out tracks. Useless King Of The Punks is one of the catchiest songs Buzz has ever written. I think my favorite is Instrument Of God, though.
Yep. I'd pick these three!

Laid Back Walking
Drunken Baby
Instrument Of God

Another song I think is really great is The Vulgar Joke. I'm surprised I forgot to mention that one.

i can't  follow your discussion until my copy hasn't arrived  [-(
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

black stallion

Quote from: )))((( on June 06, 2014, 05:03:58 PM
:)

Sorry mate. Im sure you'll get your copy soon. I respect that approach and wish i had such will power. In fact it's been years since i brought an album i hadn't already heard online. 'This Machine...' isn't even released over here until this Monday either. Then i'll wait three weeks or so for the price to drop on Amazon so i won't be getting mine for about another month yet!  :(

no problem,i was joking. feel free to post whatever you want. to be honest this is not part of my approach...just this time i decided to not check the stream of the album before to have the physical copy. anyway, so far i've heard four songs

anaconda

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on June 06, 2014, 01:41:04 PM
Quote from: johnnyg on June 06, 2014, 12:24:34 AM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on June 05, 2014, 10:10:56 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on June 03, 2014, 07:45:40 PM
New River
The Ripping Driving
The Spoiled Brat
Useless King Of The Punks

= Fucking Awesome

Yeah totally, these are stand out tracks. Useless King Of The Punks is one of the catchiest songs Buzz has ever written. I think my favorite is Instrument Of God, though.

My favorite is "Useless King of the Punks." What do you guys think that song is about? I've got an idea- and it's the most obvious idea, so it is probably wrong.

Cobain seems like a likely contender.  :-k

The guys name is 'King' Buzzo, could he maybe be taking a self-deprecating shot at himself??? as the
useless 'King' of the Punks ... Perhaps???

anaconda

I thought Lydon too, but knowing how much Buzz admires
him and his music from all eras it didn't seem plausible.
Mind you, Lydon was referred to as 'king of the punks'
back in the '77 punk days. Hmmmmmmm.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: )))((( on June 06, 2014, 05:03:58 PM
:)

Sorry mate. Im sure you'll get your copy soon. I respect that approach and wish i had such will power. In fact it's been years since i brought an album i hadn't already heard online. 'This Machine...' isn't even released over here until this Monday either. Then i'll wait three weeks or so for the price to drop on Amazon so i won't be getting mine for about another month yet!  :(

Are you sure about that? keep in mind that the original price during the pre-order was around 14 bucks and now is $11.99.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Androol

if it hasn't been done yet, does anyone plan on transcribing the lyrics?

the booklet has a lot of negative space so I'd like to write them in there but unfortunately I've always been horrible at understanding lyrics. I'll give you an example although maybe I didn't do too bad.

There's a magic drunken lord
Filled with paper dolly mimen(?)
Watch it go down

And why do we let them speak their song
And they'll tell you why you're wrong
And how do you when it's gone

When they're getting what they're given
Then there won't be drunken ladies
Watch it fall down

jules

Stallion, order from Japan next time, it might arrive sooner.

Androol

jules

Quote from: Androol on June 07, 2014, 06:49:26 AM
:shock: are those the lyrics in japanese?
Wouldn't that be awesome? It's a history of King Buzzo in Japanese, I think.

meezer

Quote from: Androol on June 07, 2014, 06:49:26 AM
:shock: are those the lyrics in japanese?
Simple, learn Japanese and find out.  :P
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

black stallion

Quote from: jules on June 07, 2014, 06:10:56 AM
Stallion, order from Japan next time, it might arrive sooner.

i should! btw,i ordered from AMAZON (like the song  8))

Jaron

I noticed at the very end of the album you can hear what sounds like a modular.

You think he's going to do another album like this one and have it only his Make Noise modular?

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: Jaron on June 07, 2014, 08:28:21 AM
You think he's going to do another album like this one and have it only his Make Noise modular?

yes
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!