MELVINS - WORKING WITH GOD (NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!)

Started by Stonergrunge, November 12, 2020, 11:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topaz

Quote from: Dumpster D on January 03, 2021, 03:28:00 AM
That's something I've wondered about for 20 years now.. double track titles on Maggot  with the Track changing in the middle of the same song.

I often thought maybe they did that thing to put gaps between tracks if you tried to copy the CD like an early form  of stopping piracy?

I thought the same thing. Makes sense.

It sucks ass, though, when I put Maggot songs on my Apple Music playlists; when I use the 'shuffle' feature, it ruins my day and then I shed tears. But then I get over it because it's the Melvins.

el gep

Sooooo why haven't they done this with the other records? It does NOT make sense!

))))((((

Previously i said that i liked 'I Fuck Around' and how it opens the record. Now i think i've had a bit of a change of mind. I now think it might have been better to have some of it tagged onto the end one of the other songs unlisted. Rather like that bit at the end of the song 'Hospital Up' (i think??) on The Bride Screamed Murder which suddenly goes into the short My Sharona/My Generation parody that Dale contributes. That works really well and as an opener to this record, im not sure a 2 and a half minute parody as an album kicks off really quite works. I stand to be corrected on that however upon hearing the full record.

JFKC

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 18, 2021, 09:38:40 PM
Previously i said that i liked 'I Fuck Around' and how it opens the record. Now i think i've had a bit of a change of mind. I now think it might have been better to have some of it tagged onto the end one of the other songs unlisted. Rather like that bit at the end of the song 'Hospital Up' (i think??) on The Bride Screamed Murder which suddenly goes into the short My Sharona/My Generation parody that Dale contributes. That works really well and as an opener to this record, im not sure a 2 and a half minute parody as an album kicks off really quite works. I stand to be corrected on that however upon hearing the full record.

Play it on 33, it'll make more sense

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Topaz on January 03, 2021, 11:10:52 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on January 03, 2021, 03:28:00 AM
That's something I've wondered about for 20 years now.. double track titles on Maggot  with the Track changing in the middle of the same song.

I often thought maybe they did that thing to put gaps between tracks if you tried to copy the CD like an early form  of stopping piracy?

I thought the same thing. Makes sense.

It sucks ass, though, when I put Maggot songs on my Apple Music playlists; when I use the 'shuffle' feature, it ruins my day and then I shed tears. But then I get over it because it's the Melvins.

Have you tried editing the songs? That's what I did... oh, now I realize you meant Apple Music and not iTunes. Well, I edited the album so that is how I have it:

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

))))((((

An interesting little tidbit in this interview here about the opening and closing songs on 'Working With God' being fun. Then Dale mentioning farts always being funny. I suppose that means 'Good Night Sweetheart' will feature farts in some way or another. I can't say im particularly enthused about that news.

http://bigtakeover.com/interviews/InterviewDaleCroverMelvinsReddKross

coodies

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 21, 2021, 06:55:17 PM
An interesting little tidbit in this interview here about the opening and closing songs on 'Working With God' being fun. Then Dale mentioning farts always being funny. I suppose that means 'Good Night Sweetheart' will feature farts in some way or another. I can't say im particularly enthused about that news.

http://bigtakeover.com/interviews/InterviewDaleCroverMelvinsReddKross
Maybe the farts are featured in the :11 second song.

))))((((

Quote from: coodies on January 21, 2021, 07:32:42 PM
Maybe the farts are featured in the :11 second song.
Quite possibly. I just took it as that song since the interviewer specifically mentioned the first and last song and we've already heard I Fuck Around. But yes you are right it could be anywhere on the record assuming they even are of course!

amazonAMAZON

moose

Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

el gep

But who's the farter?
And the Godfarter they're working with?

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

el gep

))))((((

amazonAMAZON

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 22, 2021, 08:44:44 AM
The song Dale said was his favourite on the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W01-lj4VtTA

Oh hell fucking yes.

Dillard is fantastic here.

Can't wait for the whole record. Novelty bits and all.