Buzz interview

Started by ))))((((, October 09, 2021, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazonAMAZON

No, I totally see it. Like when they play "Eye Flys" or "Charmicarmicat" it's all about that making the audience wait for the pitcher to be ready.

JASONALEXANDER

Runk the Punk, beware that runk means something very fould in norwegian!
"DM is a real american hero." (Fart Lips 27.09.2023)

amazonAMAZON

runk the punk

runk the punk

Melvins were in another issue of Big Brother magazine. The issue with Steve Olson kick flipping over a pile of burning bibles on the cover. The Big Brother writers went to the Melvins show in Olympia at Capitol theater circa 1995. The one where Melvins played a quiet set. I was there and some of the crowd were completely pissed off that they were playing quiet. Like, drunken irate people from Aberdeen screaming at the band to turn up the sound.  theres a picture of Jeff Tremaine onstage with his arm around Buzz. Funny show.

CoryCory

I know a guy who used to drum for Nashville Pussy, possibly around the time of this interview. Probably explains why he hates The Melvins  :lol:

Benjamin Way

buzz has a tough punk rock attitude

John Schuller

Quote from: runk the punk on June 09, 2022, 06:09:37 PM
Melvins were in another issue of Big Brother magazine. The issue with Steve Olson kick flipping over a pile of burning bibles on the cover. The Big Brother writers went to the Melvins show in Olympia at Capitol theater circa 1995. The one where Melvins played a quiet set. I was there and some of the crowd were completely pissed off that they were playing quiet. Like, drunken irate people from Aberdeen screaming at the band to turn up the sound.  theres a picture of Jeff Tremaine onstage with his arm around Buzz. Funny show.

That show was amazing! It was a midnight show - I wish they still did the Melvins midnight shows at the Capitol Theater. I was in the balcony not far from the sound guy who kept getting asked "Why do they sound so quiet? Turn em up!" Classic show!

Bigval

Quote from: CoryCory on June 09, 2022, 06:10:38 PM
I know a guy who used to drum for Nashville Pussy, possibly around the time of this interview. Probably explains why he hates The Melvins  :lol:

I tried reading that interview I just couldn't get through it. At least Buzz isn't as bad now as he was back then with all the negativity and shit-talking. I've always felt Crover should be the spokesman for the band Buzz does himself no favours once he starts talking, he's his own worst enemy.

vince furnier

he does say some pretty harsh stuff, especially in that era, but at this point we're not surprised when we see it and we know he's not out looking for mass appeal or lots of approval. he seems to be like this to keep the fakeness of show biz at bay. he's the anti red carpet if you will.  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

PepsiMike

That was the old Buzz. Things have greatly changed.

Nizamark

that interview's funny and more than a little cringey. being young and not quite as smart as you think you are is a dangerous combination. i know from experience. but yeah he seems more measured now in his old age.

John Schuller

Fuck - that was my favorite Buzz interview maybe ever!!

I miss that snarky shit talking!