Bad Mood Rising

Started by CoryCory, July 28, 2022, 07:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoryCory

New Melvins drops in late August but a haze edition is coming a few weeks earlier.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgjfesNOIhS/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

vince furnier

infinitely better album title than the last one.  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

))))((((

Awesome!!!! I did think that could be the title since it was on a t-shirt plus when asked to describe the new record Dale said "a bad mood". I hope this comes to Ipecac at some point. I wonder why it hasn't already?? Is this just gonna be an AmRep thing? Also i wonder which track Dylan Carlson appears on.

1. Mister Dog Is Totally Right
2. Never Say You're Sorry
3. My Discomfort Is Radiant
4. It Won't Or It Might
5. Hammering
6. The Receiver And The Empire State

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 28, 2022, 08:39:49 AMI hope this comes to Ipecac at some point.

Ipecac only puts out their albums this just looks like one of those regular Amrep EP's. The songs will probably be on the next Ipecac album anyway.

))))((((

Quote from: Bigval on July 28, 2022, 09:20:27 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on July 28, 2022, 08:39:49 AMI hope this comes to Ipecac at some point.
Ipecac only puts out their albums this just looks like one of those regular Amrep EP's. The songs will probably be on the next Ipecac album anyway.
Well it does say "LP". Based on the live performance, we know the first track is a good 10 minutes long. Then there is 'Never...' and 'Reciever...' which combined takes us to around 18 minutes. A good half of a regular Melvins album. I suppose this could be a shorter - maybe around the 35 minute mark. Also they did mention doing a lot of recording over the pandemic i suppose this could potentially be part of a larger whole. They seem to have got into the double album thing lately so perhaps if this is to be an Ipecac release further down the line it could be rather a huge release.

Stonergrunge

Well, there are a lot of albums with only six tracks on them, like:

- Blind Faith S/T album
- Electric Wizard with "Let Us Prey" (the original version, at least)
- "Station" by Russian Circles
- The Mars Volta's "Frances The Mute" (that is actually a 5-song album)

And even the standard edition of Josiah's "We Lay On Cold Stone", so, yes, this could be released through Ipecac just like that anyway.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Bigval

I think the standard is something like 8 songs and/or 30 minutes in length officially constitutes an album. It remains to be seen how long the songs are but on the face of it six songs won't be enough and regardless the Melvins have an albums deal with Ipecac which should be the tip that this isn't.

buddy holiday

Or they canceled the deal with ipecac... buzz proofs being the smart business guy... ipecac already proved several times they are too dumb to make vinyl without any fault.
And amrep proofed they are smart enough to also produce cheapy cds and factory editions. So if I were melvins.... easy decision.

))))((((

Quote from: vince furnier on July 28, 2022, 08:18:22 AM
infinitely better album title than the last one.
???
You referring to Five Legged Dog? I thought that wasn't too bad myself. Unless you mean Lord Of The Flies. I wonder what the cover art will be like.

Quote from: Bigval on July 28, 2022, 11:10:24 AM
I think the standard is something like 8 songs and/or 30 minutes in length officially constitutes an album.
I'm thinking of this album like another Lysol in a way. 6 tracks, a bit shorter and put out on AmRep.

Quote from: buddy holiday on July 28, 2022, 11:46:29 AM
Or they canceled the deal with ipecac...
I have a feeling that we will still see this on Ipecac at some point. Either exactly the same as it is listed here or as part of a larger whole or even like they did with the Electroretard + Bull & Bees release.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: buddy holiday on July 28, 2022, 11:46:29 AM
Or they canceled the deal with ipecac... buzz proofs being the smart business guy... ipecac already proved several times they are too dumb to make vinyl without any fault.
And amrep proofed they are smart enough to also produce cheapy cds and factory editions. So if I were melvins.... easy decision.

That wouldn't be a smart decision if you take the worldwide distribution aspect into account.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

))))((((

Quote from: Stonergrunge on July 28, 2022, 01:17:24 PM
That wouldn't be a smart decision if you take the worldwide distribution aspect into account.
That's what i've been thinking too. Only a handful of fans are going to be able to purchase these Haze vinyl copies. I can still see them wanting to release this more traditionally. I guess they like the idea of having it ready to sell it on the Five Legged Tour too. Previously we are used to AmRep 7", 10" or CD EP's prior to a new Ipecac release. Perhaps this is the new thing - a new 12" on AmRep followed by the "proper" release later.

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 28, 2022, 01:16:13 PM
Quote from: vince furnier on July 28, 2022, 08:18:22 AM
infinitely better album title than the last one.
???
You referring to Five Legged Dog? I thought that wasn't too bad myself. Unless you mean Lord Of The Flies. I wonder what the cover art will be like.
Working With God. those other ones aren't full albums of new material. 
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

))))((((

It's a little confusing reading Haze's post about this release. Are the special edition and the regular one both coming out on AmRep? Or is this alluding to an Ipecac one? After all he mentions stores but i think we all know AmRep are not going to be sending copies to any stores. That seems possible but then Ipecac usually only announce a new release about 3 months before it's release date. Unless he got the dates mixed up, late August seems entirely improbable with Ipecac.

#2 Pencil

Pinkus Abortion came out on both Amrep and Ipecac. Granted Ipecac was 2x 10" but it did.
Buzz's first acoustic came out on both Amrep and Ipecac. Yes the Amrep was 3 separate 10" but it also did.
Haze says Fancy Art Editon and factory to hit the streets later. That could be either Amrep or Ipecac. It also seems that all stuff in their later releases has an "Art Edition" and a regular edition usually released by Ipecac. Haze has already gone back on most reissues to do art editions on those for people who want all variants. I also would not see the Melvins leave Ipecac anytime soon. Regardless of what you think of their pressings. It gets the hard copies out to the masses
I heard their periods attract bears

))))((((

Quote from: #2 Pencil on July 28, 2022, 03:05:04 PM
Pinkus Abortion came out on both Amrep and Ipecac. Granted Ipecac was 2x 10" but it did.
Buzz's first acoustic came out on both Amrep and Ipecac. Yes the Amrep was 3 separate 10" but it also did.
Good point. I had forgot about those. Both with the same record title too. I hope this new one still gets the Ipecac treatment. As much as i understand why they do it, it always bugs me with all these difficult to get AmRep EP's and such that contain material that never gets a wider release.