Alive At The Fucker Club

Started by GrimReaper, November 28, 2003, 04:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

I made this today-
http://www.themelvins.net/discography/live/alive/index.shtml
Let me know if there is any other info I should add.

Mesteren

Quote from: dr.ghiraThe whole speech ("Let that boy...") is, suprise!, completely stolen.
Just listen to old ZZ Top recordings (I think it is on Fandango) and you hear this stuff too!

Notice that if you skip to track 2 (It's Shoved) you have to rewind to hear the speech. Otherwise you'll jump right into the song itself...... and track 2 also has the first half of Bar-X. Lousy sequencing but great live album.
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

mumu

Quote from: EponymousLet's clear up a few things here:
It's all fucking good-dini as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I'd eat a MELVINS deep fried turd. GO MELVINS!!

-Smellis[/i]

Dr. Gonzo

Shanghai Satellite

Does anyone know who plays bass on this cd? There are no credits of any kind given. It was recorded in '97, and put out by Noise amphetamine, so it could very well be Kevin Rutmanis. Kevin did join the band sometime in '97, so this is the earliest recording we have with Kevin playing in the band.

Does anyone know what the last thing is that Buzz says before they go into It's Shoved?

anaconda

Shanghai Satellite

Ok, I thought it was Mark, cause it did not sound like kevin to me. But kevin did join the band in '97 sometime.

Vcavallo

kevin is gonna be in the bassist morgue sometime soon, ain't he?
oh that will be a sad day...i don't know if i can bear the sight.
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

anaconda

Did you like this when you heard it for the first time vin?

Vcavallo

i've only heard one song so far.  someone(TGH) was nice enough to send it to me quite rapidly, though i am yet to listen all the way through.  i will let you know, mr.snake.

Simon

Quote from: Dudbean on October 20, 2005, 01:43:11 AM
Quote from: Vcavallo on October 19, 2005, 11:08:55 PM
i've only heard one song so far.  someone(TGH) was nice enough to send it to me quite rapidly, though i am yet to listen all the way through.  i will let you know, mr.snake.

You hadn't heard Alive at the Fucker Club?? But..you're tattooed!

it's a great CD, Vinny. You'll like it!
See new website http://www.swanpad.com.au

Vcavallo

Quote from: Dudbean on October 20, 2005, 01:43:11 AM
Quote from: Vcavallo on October 19, 2005, 11:08:55 PM

You hadn't heard Alive at the Fucker Club?? But..you're tattooed!

yea i know.....i've heard more live shows than i can count, probably with better sound quality than this.  i don't really see the difference.  if there was a song on it that i've never heard i would have pwned it years ago. 

rhett E rock

so i just picked this album up for $13 (including shipping).  nobody bid on it on eBay, so i contacted the seller and he sold it cheaper than what it was listed for.  can't wait to get it in the mail.  i've heard mixed reviews about this album...mainly that the quality is bad.  other than that though what should i expect?  is this a noteworthy performance? 

FartLips

yeah it sounds like they recorded it outside the club in a windstorm.  but the cd does say melvins on it and thats good enough for me! :D

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN