Divorced

Started by Dudbean, February 12, 2004, 06:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

anaconda

could it possibly be Dale on the phone with maynard??? Divorced is presumedly about Dale's Divorce....

Eponymous

Quote from: ninigiku on April 22, 2008, 05:13:41 PM
Quote from: Eponymous on April 20, 2008, 11:51:21 PM
Quote from: ninigiku on April 20, 2008, 11:26:09 PM
didn't maynard also do the "little pig, little pig, let me in..." line from Green Jelly's 3 Little Pigs?

I think he did the "not by the hairs on my chinny chin chin" part.

don't you think that part sounds like jello?

No, not really, but I can see how someone might.

Uncle Fester

its curt cobain. AKA Kurkle Bane.
He also does most of the bass guitar on houdini. this is a little known fact. but seriously, just take my word on it. its him guys. its him.

anaconda

hahaha, Buzz did the bass on Houdini

Leroy

buzz did most of the bass  on houdini, except for goin blind, where it was billy anderson.


correct me if i'm wrong.  not 100% sure on it.

Eponymous

Quote from: Leroy on April 22, 2008, 11:05:32 PM
buzz did most of the bass  on houdini, except for goin blind, where it was billy anderson.

correct me if i'm wrong.  not 100% sure on it.

OK.

4           Going Blind (4:32)
       Bass, Guitar [Lead] - Bill Bartell


6         Hag Me (7:06)
       Bass - Billy Anderson


10         Teet (2:51)
       Bass - Billy Anderson

black stallion

no, if i remember correctly buzzo sayd that the story of billy anderson and other bass players on the Houdini album were just a lot of bullshit and were just him and Dale playing bass.
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

norecess

They didn't have a bass player at the time, Lorax had just been fired (hence she's still at the back cover?) and I believe I read something that they didn't want Atlantic to think the band was falling apart or something and they just though listing various people would just work out better. I believe it was Pat Fear from White Flag who played the solo on Goin' Blind. Cobain did some percussion on Spread Eagle Beagle I believe or maybe he just walked by the drum kit while being high and fell into Dale's drum kit - I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference. He was a junkie. Buzz hoped for some creative input from his side, but he was dealing with a junkie here.

We're a bunch of nerds, goddammit, and I'm loving every minute of it.

GrimReaper


Don't forget Joe Preston, no Atlantic royalties for him.

FartLips

Quote from: norecess on April 23, 2008, 04:36:17 AM
He was a junkie. Buzz hoped for some creative input from his side, but he was dealing with a junkie here.

huh. i didn't know that. :?
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

norecess

Quote from: FART LIPS on April 23, 2008, 05:46:32 AM
Quote from: norecess on April 23, 2008, 04:36:17 AM
He was a junkie. Buzz hoped for some creative input from his side, but he was dealing with a junkie here.

huh. i didn't know that. :?

Cobain, not Dale, if that caused the confusion.

I can't always tell if posts are meant to be sarcastic or not.

FartLips

Quote from: norecess on April 23, 2008, 06:04:35 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on April 23, 2008, 05:46:32 AM
Quote from: norecess on April 23, 2008, 04:36:17 AM
He was a junkie. Buzz hoped for some creative input from his side, but he was dealing with a junkie here.

huh. i didn't know that. :?

Cobain, not Dale, if that caused the confusion.

I can't always tell if posts are meant to be sarcastic or not.
you can surely bet mine are. :P
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Uncle Fester

curt cobain wrote half the songs on houdini and im pretty sure he did play bass on most of the tracks and guitar on one.
I read this in an official interview. it was official. so everything anyone else is saying is WRONG and im RIGHT.

w a s s a k a

Quote from: norecess on April 23, 2008, 04:36:17 AM
They didn't have a bass player at the time, Lorax had just been fired (hence she's still at the back cover?) and I believe I read something that they didn't want Atlantic to think the band was falling apart or something and they just though listing various people would just work out better. I believe it was Pat Fear from White Flag who played the solo on Goin' Blind. Cobain did some percussion on Spread Eagle Beagle I believe or maybe he just walked by the drum kit while being high and fell into Dale's drum kit - I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference. He was a junkie. Buzz hoped for some creative input from his side, but he was dealing with a junkie here.

We're a bunch of nerds, goddammit, and I'm loving every minute of it.

yeah, read somewhere in an interview with buzz that all he did was chill on the couch and sleep.

rictus

And everybody knows musicians never lie in interviews.  :|