Nude With Boots

Started by Jaron, March 27, 2008, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norecess

Apples and pears. If someone would sneak in indeed, then I'm sure they'd consider him lucky and wouldn't mind indeed. Haven't they helped in several people in the past who didn't have a ticket? I believe so. People really shouldn't compare downloading mp3's with real life stuff. It's technology we're speaking off, not the psyhical world. If you're talking about stealing cd's, then you're making the right comparision, not now. The truth is, can they really do something about it? Can anyone? Of course not.

To me the term 'illegal download' is almost an oxymoron. It's not like I'm breaking in someone's studio and steal the master tapes. No, technology allows me to click my mouse button a few times and suddenly it's on my computer.

If they would put those mp3's on their website and allow me to pay money for it, I certainly would, and more people would (I'm still all for a special Melvins subscribtion that covers things like this!). The people who download the album and don't buy it, are not the ones who would buy a Melvins album anyway in the first place. They probably listen to it once, don't get it, and never listen to it again. It's almost harmless.

Most of all, the Melvins are just being realistic!

And welcome! :D

glen

Quote from: linesbetweentheread on May 16, 2008, 01:55:33 PM
Howdy Howdy.  Long time voyeur...first time poster.  So I may be a little late on this one, but I remember reading on an earlier post that it was someone's opinion that the Melvins wouldn't care if people illegally download advanced copies of unreleased material, they're cool guys.  Do you think they would mind if you didn't buy a ticket to the show and snuck through the back door of the club?  Do you think they would mind if you snatched a couple of  t-shirts off the merch. table and disappeared into the crowd?  They're cool, right?  Seems to me I remember reading that Buzz holds a bit of a grudge against the chaps in Nirvana for not paying the Melvins what he felt they were worth on a tour.  When you're talking money, it's always personal.
But when did what's right or wrong ever stop somebody from getting what they want.

damned shelbyvillians!
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

FartLips

Quote from: glen on May 16, 2008, 02:15:23 PM
Quote from: linesbetweentheread on May 16, 2008, 01:55:33 PM
Howdy Howdy.  Long time voyeur...first time poster.  So I may be a little late on this one, but I remember reading on an earlier post that it was someone's opinion that the Melvins wouldn't care if people illegally download advanced copies of unreleased material, they're cool guys.  Do you think they would mind if you didn't buy a ticket to the show and snuck through the back door of the club?  Do you think they would mind if you snatched a couple of  t-shirts off the merch. table and disappeared into the crowd?  They're cool, right?  Seems to me I remember reading that Buzz holds a bit of a grudge against the chaps in Nirvana for not paying the Melvins what he felt they were worth on a tour.  When you're talking money, it's always personal.
But when did what's right or wrong ever stop somebody from getting what they want.

damned shelbyvillians!
the one in tenn.?
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

glen

I'd like to hear this album stripped down to just the drum tracks.

can any of you audiophiles do that?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

Ron Maiden

QuoteHAT and POTRE are probably my favorite Melvins records, and I thought they were both really mediocre on first listens.  I think because the Melvins are so incredible (and because they frequently reinvent themselves) it takes a while to get used to these changes.  I really disliked (A)SA at first, but after Here Come The Waterworks, I came to appreciate Big Business' involvement a little more.  I'm really starting to like NWB and (A)SA now (in fact NWB is making me appreciate Animal a bit more now), but they almost feel more like Big Biz albums to me than Melvins albums.  It's really more like a new band that happens to have Buzz and Dale and plays old Melvins songs.  I really hope the current lineup lasts (I love the dual drums), I just hope that in time Jared will get nosier and they'll start to play more Kevin (and some Mark) era material.  Slide Bass rules!

i just started to listen to POTRE recently. I figured since I like what Ive heard from Lustmord, I must like the melvins collab. and sure as shit i did.

when i first heard nude i wasn't thrilled at all but now im crazy about it.
i just took it over to meet my mom and it went well.

norecess

Quote from: armofinfant on May 20, 2008, 01:13:23 PM
when i first heard nude i wasn't thrilled at all but now im crazy about it.
i just took it over to meet my mom and it went well.

That's because whatever makes you happy, makes her happy!

Dale_Nixon

How is everyone hearing the album already id like to know cause damn i want to hear it.
CALLE ME ISHMALE DUMMY.

norecess

Quote from: Dale_Nixon on May 26, 2008, 01:34:24 PM
How is everyone hearing the album already id like to know cause damn i want to hear it.

Open your ports and your ears will follow.

Mad Arab

The FBI would like to know too.

I am the Sun

Quote from: glen on May 19, 2008, 01:38:07 PM

It wouldn't be possible to strip the mp3s down to just the drum tracks. We'd need actual session data to do that.

norecess

Quote from: Joey D. on May 28, 2008, 04:54:41 PM

Tell the FBI it's hearing perfectly fine.

Mad Arab

A Melvin's dub album with Dale and Coady and Kevin doing slide bass would be cool.

Mad Arab

Quote from: norecess on May 28, 2008, 05:24:17 PM

The Koninklijke Marechaussee will be contacting you.

norecess

Quote from: Joey D. on May 28, 2008, 07:38:39 PM
Quote from: norecess on May 28, 2008, 05:24:17 PM

The Koninklijke Marechaussee will be contacting you.

Mr. Recess will be expecting them then.

glen

Quote from: NickP on May 28, 2008, 05:22:45 PM
Quote from: glen on May 19, 2008, 01:38:07 PM

It wouldn't be possible to strip the mp3s down to just the drum tracks. We'd need actual session data to do that.

that sux.

theres just so much more there that goes on with the drumming that gets layered over.
I think having a chance to just hear the drum tracks might change some people's opinions on this album.