Nude With Boots

Started by Jaron, March 27, 2008, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(PAUL)

Quote from: FART LIPS on April 01, 2008, 11:14:56 PM
Quote from: PAUL on April 01, 2008, 06:30:02 PM
Did you know in advance what either one would sound like?
its says melvins on the front. you get what you deserve! :lol:

=D> well played sir, well played.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Rev. Mike

How can someone not like COD?  What do you want?  I would have loved to have seen that set.

Leroy

COD is not terrible, but it's safe to say that most people prefer real music than improvised noise.  Not that it matters, but I can clearly see why people would say it sucks.

And no, people that think COD sucks are not dumb.  I really don't understand why people jump to the conclusion that if you don't like the Melvins noise music, then you're stupid and not a real fan.

glen

Quote from: Leroy on April 03, 2008, 11:20:05 AM

And no, people that think COD sucks are not dumb.  I really don't understand why people jump to the conclusion that if you don't like the Melvins noise music, then you're stupid and not a real fan.

FAKE FAN!!  GET HIM!!!!

I kid.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

anaconda

I was expecting to get the next Houdini or Stag
and then I went home and put on Prick, got angry.

So I figured, well at least this COD will rock, so I put it on,
and think oh funny the first track is another 'Shitstorm'
so I attempt to skip to the next track, I get 10 secs of blank
air then back into the first track again. I was double pissed!!!

I still have the Prick CD, but I eventually sold the COD disc.

Jozz

I think I have listened to COD only the one time when I bought it and it is still sitting in my cd shelf untouched since then :lol:  I've seen a set played by the Melvins similar to that cd at Ozzfest. I was cracking up the whole time. Here they are on a huge festival where they could have played all their rocking hits and gain a boatload of new fans, but in typical Melvins style they did the complete opposite and played a lot of their noise stuff and heckled the crowd almost the whole time. Stuff like that is why I love the Melvins so much.

TGH

Quote from: anaconda on April 03, 2008, 11:58:45 AM

So I figured, well at least this COD will rock, so I put it on,
and think oh funny the first track is another 'Shitstorm'
so I attempt to skip to the next track, I get 10 secs of blank
air then back into the first track again. I was double pissed!!!

This is the best part of COD.
This isn't a time for lectures!

Andy

European people can buy it direct from Ipecac's European distributor at southern.net. That way they post it so it turns up on the day it comes out and you get free stuff too (admittedly last time it was a Senile Animal poster that was just a stretched version of the album cover, but still. It's free!
For your health!

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Rev. Mike on April 02, 2008, 07:59:12 PM
How can someone not like COD?  What do you want?  I would have loved to have seen that set.
They played similar sets near that date; it was indeed great.  My ex at the time got uncomfortable twenty minutes into the noise, so I listened to a bit of it from the outside.  :x
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

glen

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 03, 2008, 01:37:25 PM
My ex at the time got uncomfortable twenty minutes into the noise, so I listened to a bit of it from the outside.  :x

damned women!

this is why I NEVER take my wife to a show.  she always gets anxious and wants to leave about 1/4 way into the set of the band I waited through 3 shit bands to see.

it was a woman right?   :shock:
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: glen on April 03, 2008, 02:06:03 PM
My ex at the time got uncomfortable twenty minutes into the noise, so I listened to a bit of it from the outside.  :x

damned women!

this is why I NEVER take my wife to a show.  she always gets anxious and wants to leave about 1/4 way into the set of the band I waited through 3 shit bands to see.

Over thirty shows at least, and I dont think she wanted to stay for the entire show once.  :x
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

5w33t 1ntu1t10n

*Grow Thy Beard )))((( it shall be the wild forrests of thine Kingdom and unto all shall bring great peace and prosperity throughout the land as was told the prophecy*

norecess

Quote from: Leroy on April 03, 2008, 11:20:05 AM
I really don't understand why people jump to the conclusion that if you don't like the Melvins noise music, then you're stupid and not a real fan.

This is religion. Your religion.

anaconda

I think there will be some good noise on NWBoots

Like Stee

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 03, 2008, 02:55:30 PM
Quote from: glen on April 03, 2008, 02:06:03 PM

damned women!

Over thirty shows at least, and I dont think she wanted to stay for the entire show once.  :x

My girlfriend loves the noise.  She really liked COD the one time I played it for her.  I think most fans overlook the fact that the noise section of COD is a nice intro to possibly the best version of Eye Flys ever.  Personally I like the Melvins best when they combine some elements of experimentation with straight up rock, like HAT (Anti-Vermin Seed) or POTRE.  Here's to hoping NWB has some more noise than ASA did.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas