Buzz talks about Tool in Revolver

Started by seas of luck, May 13, 2008, 01:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: glen on May 13, 2008, 12:16:14 PM
Quote from: Leroy on May 13, 2008, 11:40:21 AM

Exactly.  It doesn't make people "too stupid" just because they dont understand or enjoy Tool's music... 

if not understanding or enjoying tool's music makes you stupid then call me a vegetable.

I loves me some tool digs!

:lol:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: seas of luck on May 14, 2008, 03:47:56 AM
Ugh, I hate how every time Tool gets mentioned it turns in to a huge debate about if the band sucks and if their fans suck.  I still like them a lot and wouldn't consider myself a pretentious twat or a caveman.  I could honestly care less how they act in person.  I've heard worse stories about David Sims and Steve Albini.

Anyway... I think it's hilarious that a dumbass Tool fan got kicked out for telling Buzz he sucked!
I used to defend Steve Albini for some reason; someone said he was misogynistic, I said he wasn't..but he probably is.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

cheeseburger

Quote from: seas of luck on May 14, 2008, 03:47:56 AM
Ugh, I hate how every time Tool gets mentioned it turns in to a huge debate about if the band sucks and if their fans suck.  I still like them a lot and wouldn't consider myself a pretentious twat or a caveman.  I could honestly care less how they act in person.  I've heard worse stories about David Sims and Steve Albini.

Anyway... I think it's hilarious that a dumbass Tool fan got kicked out for telling Buzz he sucked!
david sims hit one of my friends on the head with his bass, and steve albini put one of the same friends, friends into a headlock :shock:! both stories are true.
on the other hand i met sims years ago and he was extremely nice to me.

ninigiku

Quote from: NickP on May 14, 2008, 01:07:05 AM
I think the pretentious twats take the cake for the most annoying people you could ever meet. I know all these guys that sit around in a garage and trip balls on whatever hallucinogen they can find and try to find the "meaning" of the latest Tool offering. Then you try to introduce them to music that's not tool and it's "irrelevant" and "meaningless" compared to Maynard's "lyrical genius" or whatever other crap they have to say.

you sound a little bitter... are you saying that listening to Tool desensitizes people?
i thought Tool was supposed to be waking us up from desensitization.

i wouldnt say people who don't get Tool are stupid, they are just different.
i mean, everyone can't be perfect... lol

to me Tool is like pink floyd or led zeppelin, Tool is the ultimate journey into the rhythmic landscapes of Danny Carey & Adam Jones (2 main members).
overall the band belongs to Adam.
if you ask him, he'll tell you the same thing.

Tool fans are not Tool.
if you judge the band by their fans then you are ignorant anyways.

i really hate all those pretentious ones too, i doubt maynard is one of those ones.
sarcalogos solus redemptor

Erikkerik

Quote from: ninigiku on May 14, 2008, 04:59:57 PM

i really hate all those pretentious ones too, i doubt maynard is one of those ones.

umm... ever tried listened to his lyrics?

nm- I`m just joking (or atleast half-joking)
I have brought the great ball of crystal;
            Who can lift it?
Can you enter the great acorn of light?
But the beauty is not the madness
Tho' my errors and wrecks lie about me.
And I am not a demigod,
I cannot make it cohere.

Jaron

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

dead mike

seas, can you post the patton interview? i'm curious to see if he says anything about a tomahawk tour.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

seas of luck

Sorry guys my friend took back the magazine.  His interview was as short as Buzz's and he was asked similar questions.  To paraphrase it he was asked how Tool fans felt and he replied, "Weeellll, let's just say I got a lot of spare change after the show.  I can't really blame them though because I'd be mad too if I paid $60 to see my favorite band and then a bunch of weirdos starting making noise on stage."  He also joked about meeting Tool at the Kansas fan club in the late 70's.

I am the Sun

Quote from: ninigiku on May 14, 2008, 04:59:57 PM
Quote from: NickP on May 14, 2008, 01:07:05 AM
I think the pretentious twats take the cake for the most annoying people you could ever meet. I know all these guys that sit around in a garage and trip balls on whatever hallucinogen they can find and try to find the "meaning" of the latest Tool offering. Then you try to introduce them to music that's not tool and it's "irrelevant" and "meaningless" compared to Maynard's "lyrical genius" or whatever other crap they have to say.

you sound a little bitter... are you saying that listening to Tool desensitizes people?
i thought Tool was supposed to be waking us up from desensitization.

i wouldnt say people who don't get Tool are stupid, they are just different.
i mean, everyone can't be perfect... lol

to me Tool is like pink floyd or led zeppelin, Tool is the ultimate journey into the rhythmic landscapes of Danny Carey & Adam Jones (2 main members).
overall the band belongs to Adam.
if you ask him, he'll tell you the same thing.

Tool fans are not Tool.
if you judge the band by their fans then you are ignorant anyways.

Yeah, bitter is the term I'd use. To clarify I don't absolutely hate Tool I just think they get a little more credit than necessary. coincidentally the most arrogant and stunningly rude/dysfunctional people I have met in my life wear Aenemia artwork t-shirts and lecture me on spiritual awakening through maynards "brilliant lyrics" (I like to remind them that they have a song that's a cake recipe). For the record though I really do enjoy a few tracks on 10,000 Days (not really sure why people knock that one as much as they do) and I think the recording quality of the album is one of the finest examples of audio-engineering, in terms of popular music.

norecess

I don't know many Tool fans and I find it quite easy to ignore Tool, or the hype around them.

Tool is as underground as many people will ever get, it's many people's limit. I think they function pretty well as a band, and they have cool opening bands, except for Isis, but to each his own taste.

YearZero

Quote from: PAUL on May 13, 2008, 05:15:37 PM
and the idiotic cavemen who hate everything else.

The same obviously goes for the Melvins -fans. Somehow other Melvins -fans have given me the image of them that they don't like anything else unless it's Melvins -related or some stuff from 70's and 80's.  I actually understand that, because most people  here are clearly over 30 years old and don't wanna hear anything new.

glen

Quote from: YearZero on May 15, 2008, 07:09:50 AM
because most people  here are clearly over 30 years old and don't wanna hear anything new.

no dis but I don't totally agree with this.  I'm over thirty. I love to hear something new.
the problem is when you get over 30 your life gets so cluttered up with other things that you don't have the time to prioritize with searching for new music like you did when you were 18 and had not a care in the world.   being a member here is about my only hope for some exposure (thanks maar!!!).      like anything else its all relative to the person you're refering to.  I can see where some 30+ers cop an attitude and say "fuck that! everything sucks but what I liked when I was 20.".  thats how you get losers with mullets who are still playing the same motley crue greatest hits cd that they bought in 1992.

in summary I would like to say that I have no idea what I am trying to say. and tool is still weak.  thank you.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Greasy Statement

i completely get what you're trying to say and second it glen.

norecess

Yeah, same here. Thanks for typing it out, Glen. I had started, and then I realized 0 wasn't going to get it anyway, because that's why he created that post in the first place.