Buzz interview

Started by ))))((((, October 09, 2021, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vince furnier

that pic of Buzz turns 10 this year!  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 24, 2024, 08:46:17 AMI'm not sure if to be concerned or not that Buzz says he wants to do at least 2 more Melvins albums. He made it sound like that could be it then

:shock:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 24, 2024, 08:46:17 AMI'm not sure if to be concerned or not that Buzz says he wants to do at least 2 more Melvins albums. He made it sound like that could be it then.

I've been thinking post-Covid we might be seeing the winding down of the Melvins. They used to rarely do support tours but since pandemic ended they've been supporting Ministry and now Mr. Bungle a couple of times so easier money not having to worry about attendance, advertising etc and obviously Dale's back problems have now caught right up with him which will likely reduce Melvins touring work load going forward. For Buzz it probably means more solo touring and touring with Trevor.

I'm a bit surprised they still haven't announced any shows yet to promote the new album when that comes out in April. In saying that there is still a big gap between the Melvins Japan shows ending in March and the Buzz/Dunn tour starting in August which you would think would be at least one NA tour in there somewhere.

the bloat

Turns out Buzz's favorite band of all time is the Who. Guess I didn't know that...

Great read tho! Thought Iommi might make an appearance in this one

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: the bloat on March 05, 2024, 11:10:40 PMTurns out Buzz's favorite band of all time is the Who. Guess I didn't know that...

Well, he didn't mention Jimmy Page or Greg Ginn either, but that's a no-brainer.
Totally agree on Trower and Jeff Beck.  I wouldn't have guessed Buzz to be a huge fan of Blow By Blow & Wired era Beck. I'd have thought the more rock/blues stuff before that.
I got to see Trower once back in 2000 in a small club. It was exactly as how Buzz described. :shock:  Was lucky enough to finally see Beck too, on his last tour summer '18. Incredible. The guy never lost a step in his playing.

Dumpster D

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 08, 2024, 06:03:54 PM
Quote from: the bloat on March 05, 2024, 11:10:40 PMTurns out Buzz's favorite band of all time is the Who. Guess I didn't know that...

Well, he didn't mention Jimmy Page or Greg Ginn either, but that's a no-brainer.
Totally agree on Trower and Jeff Beck.  I wouldn't have guessed Buzz to be a huge fan of Blow By Blow & Wired era Beck. I'd have thought the more rock/blues stuff before that.
I got to see Trower once back in 2000 in a small club. It was exactly as how Buzz described. :shock:  Was lucky enough to finally see Beck too, on his last tour summer '18. Incredible. The guy never lost a step in his playing.

Blow by blow is an awesome album!!!

))))((((

black stallion

cool, this interview explains a lot about the new album recording process..sounds weird, exactly like the feeling i had after hearing first two songs

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on April 02, 2024, 06:14:42 AMcool, this interview explains a lot about the new album recording process..sounds weird, exactly like the feeling i had after hearing first two songs
Did you catch the bit where he said they would have two drummers again when Dale returned!!!!!! Does that mean Coady is staying!!!!!!?!?!? Also it interested me the fact that he said his solo albums are going to be released as a double album with an added flexi.

John Schuller

One of the best Buzz interviews ever. I like it when he is on fire like in this interview. I am guessing that the double drummer thing will have Coady as long as Mr. Busy Pants has time in his schedule with Big Biz and High on Fire!

the bloat

QuoteAlso it interested me the fact that he said his solo albums are going to be released as a double album with an added flexi.

Maybe he should just release a NEW solo album instead of reissuing stuff  :lol:

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 02, 2024, 12:17:05 PM
Quote from: black stallion on April 02, 2024, 06:14:42 AMcool, this interview explains a lot about the new album recording process..sounds weird, exactly like the feeling i had after hearing first two songs
Did you catch the bit where he said they would have two drummers again when Dale returned!!!!!! Does that mean Coady is staying!!!!!!?!?!? Also it interested me the fact that he said his solo albums are going to be released as a double album with an added flexi.

ah no, i missed that part...great

))))((((

Quote from: John Schuller on April 02, 2024, 08:46:43 PMI am guessing that the double drummer thing will have Coady as long as Mr. Busy Pants has time in his schedule with Big Biz and High on Fire!
Well Buzz never specifically said Coady. It could well be Roy next year along for some touring.

JASONALEXANDER

A bit dissapointed in Buzz not giving Prince more credit, he really slammed him after the interviewer opening with a negative comment on Prince. Well Prince was in his genre a master and it`s definately not just dance music he has made. Buzz said that he hadn`t done to much searching in Princes discograpy, I`m sure he would be amazed by some of the stuff Roger Nelson did.

This was the track I remembered from the concert they did in Bergen back in 2011: (still, for my musical taste, Buzz is greater genious than Prince)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdnMvnjEW_s
"DM is a real american hero." (Fart Lips 27.09.2023)