Hostile Ambient Takeover

Started by klump, March 25, 2004, 04:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Tyuge

HAT is very good. Kevin's playing is awsome. I love the slide bass during the verse parts on "Black Stooges"

Reverend Ebeneezer

Quote from: boller1
cough cough sorry no follow up, im too drunk

Weren't you boasting about how happy you were to be 'drug free' in the New Orleans thread? Oh, yeah, sorry...alcohol's not a drug! Alcohol puts you into an altered state of mind while drugs put...you...into...erm...

Yeah.
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

Kessel

Reverend, I actually said that i thought being clean was the best drug.... i never said I don't use others


Sorry to confuse... just angers me why he wants every to be drug-taking "insane people"

its perfectly okay to not take drugs? isn't it?
For life is not happy.

Fantomastro

yeah hat is awsome.
I like it how the melvins going to get more and more experimental and doing electronical things like in the fool, the meddling idiot. it fits so perfect in melvins songs.
I hope they will doing more electronical :)

btw: welcome on board!

Shanghai Satellite

Thanks Fantom. And yes, hopefully they will continue to incorporate electronic stuff more often. I also love how for a long time now they have been leaning towards an experimental tip.

anaconda

i admire the reverend's accuity for minute details from other threads, uncanny mate! bravo and cheers, for its all in the details so it goes..
indeed

BlueBob

The live Hat tour/era was one of the melvins best.
I'm listening to Yello - "Oh Yeah"  chik, chikachikaaaaahhhhhhh

jeremy

Quote from: AlmightyRetardYeah, one of my favourites. Little Judas Chongo kicks me in the nuts everytime

I agree mean, it sounds huge.

Vcavallo

Quote from: blipntimethey sound pretty wimpy on that album.
especially dr. geek. like they dont want to wake up the neighbors.

so far from what i've gathered from your posts here, you don't like a single melvins album....what are you doing here again?

and yes.  the experimentation is fantastic
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

blipntime

Quote from: Vcavallo
Quote from: blipntimethey sound pretty wimpy on that album.
especially dr. geek. like they dont want to wake up the neighbors.

so far from what i've gathered from your posts here, you don't like a single melvins album....what are you doing here again?

and yes.  the experimentation is fantastic

my favorite melvins albums are as follows:
1. bullhead
2. lysol
3. stag
4. stoner witch
5. the bootlicker
6. houdini
7. the maggot
8. honky
9. ozma
10. eggnog
11. 10 songs
12. gluey porch treatments

and i really love their songs off of deep six. i notice nobody mentions those much. blessing the operation is awesome.

Vcavallo

i agree about bootlicker being towards the top.  it's underrated among fans, methinks.  i'm surprised you've got eggnog so low.  is it the length that bothers you?  i find the sound and the songs to be phenomenal.  especially the sound
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

blipntime

Quote from: Vcavalloi agree about bootlicker being towards the top.  it's underrated among fans, methinks.  i'm surprised you've got eggnog so low.  is it the length that bothers you?  i find the sound and the songs to be phenomenal.  especially the sound

i dont know. i got that one around ten years ago and i used to listen to it a lot on headphones. its got a really kind of lo fi quality to it that sounds incongruous to me, compared to their other stuff. i prefer their versions of those songs live. i guess i think of it more as an ep and its hard to rank it with full bodies of work.

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

I just put on HAT a few days ago. I played it to death when it first came out & loved it every time... now it seems to have lost some of its punch. Stylistically all over the place, like Stag. Not bad, but not fantastically good either.

Lysol is the one that gets me every time.
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please

Pelican

HAT may be my favorite album, I guess that changes from week to week, but I never ever grow tired of any part of it. For me, it seems that HAT more than any other seems like one big piece of work. Like, every song flows into the next, and sounds good next to each other. Well, I guess they have other stuff like that too, but HAT just seems to flow really well. The Maggot is like that too.

But, sometimes I like to hear the more off the wall albums too.

For me, "The Fool, The Meddling Idiot" is one of my favorite songs of all time. Not just my favorite Melvins song, but one of my favorite songs period. I love that track.

And, I think it's the album that Kevin sounds best on too, the bass really stands out. Really going to miss seeing him on stage with them.

Shanghai Satellite

Yeah, Kevin adds a lot to H.A.T