Everybody Loves Sausages

Started by black stallion, February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

homeless_dad

Quote from: )))((( on April 03, 2013, 01:26:03 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on April 03, 2013, 11:55:29 AM
Must...resist...urge...to.listen....
Come on Homey give in. Give in to temptation. It won't hurt i promise. :twisted:
Get thee behind me parenthesis guy!!!

(Keep the spooning jokes to yourself, Schnab.)
Is Ian back yet??

(((O)))

Quote from: homeless_dad on April 03, 2013, 02:26:11 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 03, 2013, 01:26:03 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on April 03, 2013, 11:55:29 AM
Must...resist...urge...to.listen....
Come on Homey give in. Give in to temptation. It won't hurt i promise. :twisted:
Get thee behind me parenthesis guy!!!

(Keep the spooning jokes to yourself, Schnab.)
:D

John Schuller

Quote from: Idlehanz on April 02, 2013, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: deatheats on April 02, 2013, 11:52:00 AM
Gotta admit I've never listened to Tales of Terror before.  Pretty awesome track.
Sounds like I better check them out.

It's a great album. Hard to find at a decent price on vinyl though.

Oh boy, hard to find at a decent price on vinyl will mean tons of cry baby Melvins fans bitching.

deatheats


Dumpster D

Quote from: sadcorps on April 03, 2013, 06:21:27 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on April 02, 2013, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: deatheats on April 02, 2013, 11:52:00 AM
Gotta admit I've never listened to Tales of Terror before.  Pretty awesome track.
Sounds like I better check them out.

It's a great album. Hard to find at a decent price on vinyl though.

Oh boy, hard to find at a decent price on vinyl will mean tons of cry baby Melvins fans bitching.



Its not going to be more or less than any other limited Release Vinyl out there in this day and age..

what do people think this is anyway...

The free melvins 5 Oclock vinyl Giveaway or something...Seriously.

I support the Band, So everyone else out there, BE THANKFULL!

the melvins are a Band actually WORTH supporting!


Mount Ambulance

Quote from: Dumpster D on April 03, 2013, 07:26:13 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on April 03, 2013, 06:21:27 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on April 02, 2013, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: deatheats on April 02, 2013, 11:52:00 AM
Gotta admit I've never listened to Tales of Terror before.  Pretty awesome track.
Sounds like I better check them out.

It's a great album. Hard to find at a decent price on vinyl though.

Oh boy, hard to find at a decent price on vinyl will mean tons of cry baby Melvins fans bitching.



Its not going to be more or less than any other limited Release Vinyl out there in this day and age..

what do people think this is anyway...

The free melvins 5 Oclock vinyl Giveaway or something...Seriously.

I support the Band, So everyone else out there, BE THANKFULL!

the melvins are a Band actually WORTH supporting!

Indeed, though I'm sure Idle was referring to the Tales Of Terror lp ... funny I saw two side by side 2-3 months ago for like $12-15 each? It was less than $20.

Diggin' Station to Station ... while guest vocals can be cool an' all I usually just think Buzz woulda sounded best (case in point Jelvins HOF cover). That being said, really diggin' Thirlwell here ...

Idlehanz

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 03, 2013, 09:01:19 PM

Indeed, though I'm sure Idle was referring to the Tales Of Terror lp ... funny I saw two side by side 2-3 months ago for like $12-15 each? It was less than $20.



I was.  I haven't seen a copy for less than $50 anywhere.

jonE5


John Schuller

Quote from: Idlehanz on April 04, 2013, 09:04:07 AM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 03, 2013, 09:01:19 PM

Indeed, though I'm sure Idle was referring to the Tales Of Terror lp ... funny I saw two side by side 2-3 months ago for like $12-15 each? It was less than $20.



I was.  I haven't seen a copy for less than $50 anywhere.

I know he was referring to the Tales of Terror lp. I can see the Melvins cry baby fans now starting to bitch - "Why didn't they make more? I missed out!", "Why don't they put this back in print so I can buy it for $12?" etc. etc.

brian

Quote from: sadcorps on April 04, 2013, 11:14:38 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on April 04, 2013, 09:04:07 AM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 03, 2013, 09:01:19 PM

Indeed, though I'm sure Idle was referring to the Tales Of Terror lp ... funny I saw two side by side 2-3 months ago for like $12-15 each? It was less than $20.



I was.  I haven't seen a copy for less than $50 anywhere.

I know he was referring to the Tales of Terror lp. I can see the Melvins cry baby fans now starting to bitch - "Why didn't they make more? I missed out!", "Why don't they put this back in print so I can buy it for $12?" etc. etc.
The whining is bad enough, I don't think we need a new Nostradamus on the matter John

Helen83

Skinny Magazine's review of the album....4 Stars!

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/records/304400-melvins_everybody_loves_sausages

What better way to ring in Melvins' 30th year than this snapshot of what was going on inside the impressionable minds of a young Buzz Osborne and Dale Crover back in 1983. Everybody Loves Sausages finds the duo serving up a plate load of tasty bangers that pay tribute to childhood influences which range through proto-punk (The Kinks) and thrash (Venom) via coked up art rock (Bowie), with an ensemble cast of their own contemporaries onboard to co-sign the love note.

Echoing the experimental nature of 2000's The Crybaby, it's a potent reminder of their dexterity beyond the dependable sludge metal records they've been trading in ever since (with the exception of Freak Puke, last year's doom jazz detour). From Jello Biafra's alternately chilling and hilarious Bryan Ferry impression (see the ambient reworking of Roxy Music's In Every Dream Home A Heartache), to one of the heaviest renditions of Station to Station you'll ever get lost in, it's a thrill to hear such eccentric moments from pop music's past so liberally seasoned with Melvins' own madness. Pass the sauce.


FartLips

Fuck yellow writing.

I can't get past the queen cover. Because its so badass! :P
Judy is mad.🤣

Dumpster D

Let me know when It hits the shelves, I will be the first to steal a copy from HMV and wire the money Directly into Crovers Bank account! Nyuk Nyuk

shit Talking Theives!  8)

Helen83

Quote from: FartLips on April 07, 2013, 12:18:15 AM
Fuck yellow writing.


Hahaha....I remember ages ago Fart Eyes going all Emo over the yellow pee writing....now every time I do my yellow writing biz I think of Fartsy.