The Melvins Classifieds: SALES, AUCTIONS, and TRADES.

Started by Idlehanz, February 21, 2008, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

TosT

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on March 09, 2013, 05:04:32 PM
i know someone will need this , and at that price!!!!!

http://www.discogs.com/buy/CD/Melvins-13-CD-Box-Set/92466378?ev=wh

i saw this. the only thing that concerns me is that it's a brand new seller, who only has a dozen or so items, and they happen to be super rare sealed boxed sets that are priced well below average, at least the few i bothered to check out

EDIT: checked out a couple more items, again super rare only, brand new, and too cheap. looks too good to be true. but hopefully i'm wrong. someone fork over the $300 to check

TosT

Quote from: Yanayaya on March 07, 2013, 10:53:43 AM
Case in point, the coloured wax version of Follow Me LP. I was willing to believe that it was just me, perhaps adjusting to wax again.  Not so.  Not only did the two copies I bought, but now several others have told me that their's also have a lot more than average artifact.

you can add mine to that list, still sounds great, just a bit of a noisy pressing. crackly quiet moments. rockin' by the fire :D
nah, it's not that bad, most of it is not detectable at all to me.

Yanayaya

Quote from: TosT on March 09, 2013, 06:05:54 PM
Case in point, the coloured wax version of Follow Me LP. I was willing to believe that it was just me, perhaps adjusting to wax again.  Not so.  Not only did the two copies I bought, but now several others have told me that their's also have a lot more than average artifact.

you can add mine to that list, still sounds great, just a bit of a noisy pressing. crackly quiet moments. rockin' by the fire :D
nah, it's not that bad, most of it is not detectable at all to me.

It is not terrible and very intermittent, but it's there. And it was in the same places on both copies I received. Just hear and there, really!!
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

Asharak

Selling my Ozma LP on Boner with original insert for $55AUD on eBay, along with a lot of other LPs, haven't listed everything but did put up 16 LPs today, please check out my page: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/creaturewiththeatombrain88/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

vinylyniv

Hi there. Hope you don't mind the intrusion; a shameless plug for my Malleus\Melvins print up for sale on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLD-OUT-Melvins-Lite-MALLEUS-print-Rare-numbered-LUCE-ONLY-25-FREE-P-P-/181083614216?pt=UK_art_prints_GL&hash=item2a296cac08

If we do the deal off eBay (but still use Paypal to keep us both safe), because I won't have to pay eBay fees I can do it for £65 ($100). Basically bought this without consulting the wife and she hates it (i.e. it will never be hung :().

All the best and apologies again for crashing the party! Jason

kkkeb

Quote from: Yanayaya on February 13, 2013, 03:28:36 PM
Quote from: DeeSonyaChin on February 13, 2013, 01:39:01 PM
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 03, 2013, 07:12:02 PM
Here's your chance, if you missed it:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hepa-Titus-Follow-Me-LP-Melvins-sugar-daddy-mudhoney-Haze-XXL-84-of-200-/221185763954?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item337fb2ea72

Unfortunately, I only bought one for myself and one for another boardie...

Looking for the Hepa-Titus LP, anyone have an extra?  I just listened to the MP3 album, I NEED THIS ON VINYL!!!! I was at the store, had the thing in my cart and by the time I paid it was sold out...

Did you just email me on Discogs?

I would be interested to know how the Bandcamp version on black wax sounds.  Perhaps this is off-topic, but I have had to learn that the generation buying vinyl these days were raised on CDs and MP3s.  The normal artifact of wax (which varies from pressing plants and quality of the vinyl) sounds like it shouldn't be there to them.  This is also true for myself because I listen to MP3s on my iPhone so much.  I have to get used to the artifact when I switch back to my beloved wax.  Case in point, the coloured wax version of Follow Me LP. I was willing to believe that it was just me, perhaps adjusting to wax again.  Not so.  Not only did the two copies I bought, but now several others have told me that their's also have a lot more than average artifact.

When all is said and done, I still prefer the sound and, especially the experience of wax.

hi there, may be someone knows...my copy is a colored wax, xxy??? stamp, not numbered out of 200, it is A/P 2/10...?
...and it sounds pretty good on my sound system!

pinkyslim

That would be artist proof.
Numbered 2 out of 10. 8)

Yanayaya

Quote from: kkkeb on March 11, 2013, 05:02:56 AM
Here's your chance, if you missed it:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hepa-Titus-Follow-Me-LP-Melvins-sugar-daddy-mudhoney-Haze-XXL-84-of-200-/221185763954?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item337fb2ea72

Yes. Your copy is extra special.  It is outside the numbered edition 1/200.  (A)rtist (P)roofs are the first printed. Usually to check the registration (alignment of colours, lines, etc.)  Printmaking is very labor-intensive.  Very few Artists will just print up a numbered edition w/out proofs.  Quite often the proofs are not nice enough to release.  How is the registration on your copy?  Are the 3 colours within the lines?  I, myself, do not mind mistakes of registration.

Looking for the Hepa-Titus LP, anyone have an extra?  I just listened to the MP3 album, I NEED THIS ON VINYL!!!! I was at the store, had the thing in my cart and by the time I paid it was sold out...

I would be interested to know how the Bandcamp version on black wax sounds.  Perhaps this is off-topic, but I have had to learn that the generation buying vinyl these days were raised on CDs and MP3s.  The normal artifact of wax (which varies from pressing plants and quality of the vinyl) sounds like it shouldn't be there to them.  This is also true for myself because I listen to MP3s on my iPhone so much.  I have to get used to the artifact when I switch back to my beloved wax.  Case in point, the coloured wax version of Follow Me LP. I was willing to believe that it was just me, perhaps adjusting to wax again.  Not so.  Not only did the two copies I bought, but now several others have told me that their's also have a lot more than average artifact.

When all is said and done, I still prefer the sound and, especially the experience of wax.

hi there, may be someone knows...my copy is a colored wax, xxy??? stamp, not numbered out of 200, it is A/P 2/10...?

Yanayaya

kkkeb

Quote from: pinkyslim on March 11, 2013, 10:29:09 AM
That would be artist proof.
Numbered 2 out of 10. 8)

thanks! i received a mail from amp rep in the meantime, explaining that to me!

kkkeb

Quote from: Yanayaya on March 11, 2013, 12:51:45 PM
Quote from: kkkeb on March 11, 2013, 05:02:56 AM

Yes. Your copy is extra special.  It is outside the numbered edition 1/200.  (A)rtist (P)roofs are the first printed. Usually to check the registration (alignment of colours, lines, etc.)  Printmaking is very labor-intensive.  Very few Artists will just print up a numbered edition w/out proofs.  Quite often the proofs are not nice enough to release.  How is the registration on your copy?  Are the 3 colours within the lines?  I, myself, do not mind mistakes of registration.

yes, the 3 colors are great, printing is absolutly similar to the pics i saw on the board and on fb!

deatheats

A sealed copy of POTRE sold for $31 today.
I had it on my watch list but completely forgot to check back in this morning  #-o

perzo)))

Quote from: deatheats on March 12, 2013, 02:48:37 PM
I had it on my watch list but completely forgot to check back in this morning  #-o

same here,dudes stuff went quite cheap.
putting up my lysol lp on ebay tonite.
Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: perzo))) on March 12, 2013, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: deatheats on March 12, 2013, 02:48:37 PM

same here,dudes stuff went quite cheap.
putting up my lysol lp on ebay tonite.

:D
I got the shits real bad.