Nude With Boots

Started by Jaron, March 27, 2008, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Fester

Quote from: glen on May 01, 2008, 10:27:55 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on April 30, 2008, 10:43:19 PM
Live show baby.

I'll dream.   but realistically I doubt that will happen.

MELVINS do it strictly business these days on stage.   they run through a setlist that does not waiver night in and night out.   I will be very pleasantly surprised if they add a 22 minute drum session to the set.   VERY pleasantly surprised.

now get to touring! 

when they came here in vancouver with big biz guys they closed with a drum duo that lasted about 5-7 mins. They also did a kick ass version of Oven where they would pause in between transitions for like 7 seconds and then blast back in. im serious btw.

Uncle Fester

Nude With Boots is definatley an improvement after A senile animal. Its alot like The Maggot in some ways, differentiating although is the vocal melodies and the drum sound that is brought out of the shadow, as in the maggot the drums were drowned out and muddied.
On the first listen of this album I, much like other members of this board, was put off by the sing songy melodies and the cock rock moments. But after more and more listens i have decided that it sounds like the melvins went back to their oldies(Maggot, Stoner Witch etc.)In a different style influenced by the big biz guys/
Anyways my final word is that i LIKE the album and like i said its a definate improvement fromt he last one and ,like much of you.. i miss the experimental work that was displayed on HAT and POTRE and so forth and so on and forth so.

Chief Ten Beers

This sucks having to wait until July. But it will be worth it.

Mark Prindle gives it an 8 out of 10.
http://www.markprindle.com/melvinsa.htm#nude

Dead Cowboy

Still no rikey. Am i hearings it wrong?

Idlehanz

Quote from: Dead Cowboy on May 05, 2008, 09:13:26 PM
The headphones go on your ears, not your balls.

anaconda

and get the balls out of yer mouth if you dont like it. haha

Erikkerik

I doubt this one will stand as one my favourite melvins albums. A personal review: I love the record for the 4 first tracks, billy fish and dog island in particular are priced, but after that the song doesn`t really do it for me. I`ve never been able get myself to like the intro to SIP. The main-riff of the smiling-cobra sounds like numetal and they are overdoing the vocals. The savage hippy is great but I`d already heard that and Real fucking nasty is a much better title for that song than savage hippy.
I have brought the great ball of crystal;
            Who can lift it?
Can you enter the great acorn of light?
But the beauty is not the madness
Tho' my errors and wrecks lie about me.
And I am not a demigod,
I cannot make it cohere.

glen

please report to the "punch in the gut" line. this will be your third and final reference.
any further references will result in a punishment to be determined by a panel of your peers.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Dead Cowboy

Quote from: glen on May 06, 2008, 09:36:48 AM

please report to the "punch in the gut" line. this will be your third and final reference.
any further references will result in a punishment to be determined by a panel of your peers.

Im really trying. Really.

No_I_Have_Not

Quote from: Erikkerik on May 06, 2008, 03:40:30 AM
I doubt this one will stand as one my favourite melvins albums. A personal review: I love the record for the 4 first tracks, billy fish and dog island in particular are priced, but after that the song doesn`t really do it for me. I`ve never been able get myself to like the intro to SIP. The main-riff of the smiling-cobra sounds like numetal and they are overdoing the vocals. The savage hippy is great but I`d already heard that and Real fucking nasty is a much better title for that song than savage hippy.

Im glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. That riff is awfully generic, it ruins that song IMO. It's actually very similair to a Wrestling entrance theme, that's how generic we are talking  :?

However apart from that I'm really liking the album.

Dead Cowboy

I have a theory.

What if they just threw this shit together, and realeased it on the internet to fuck with us, and the REAL NWB is actually..... good?

I said it. I just cant like this album. Its not complete turds by any means, but I have higher standards for the Melvins. remember the first time you put on gluey? Potre? HAT? I dont want those albums again, necessarily, but i want thatfeeling  again. I think pop punk when I hear certain guitar lines.  :(

Im sorry melvins.

Greasy Statement

maybe it's one of those things you'll return to in a few years and appreciate. you can't like everything, that's for sure...

ManWithNoName

Quote from: Dead Cowboy on May 07, 2008, 11:45:24 AM

I said it. I just cant like this album. Its not complete turds by any means, but I have higher standards for the Melvins. remember the first time you put on gluey? Potre? HAT? I dont want those albums again, necessarily, but i want thatfeeling  again.
I only got that feeling after several listens for most if not all of the melvins albums.

nickoctane

"I said it. I just cant like this album. Its not complete turds by any means, but I have higher standards for the Melvins. remember the first time you put on gluey? Potre? HAT? I dont want those albums again, necessarily, but i want thatfeeling  again."

To each his own, I guess. This album IMO, rips all over POTRE. Great songs, great sound, gives me that "feeling". That being said, I've always been more of a fan of the Melvins more song oriented albums.Cobra is one of my favorites on the album, maybe the intro riff could be considered a little bit generic, but the chorus is super cool, reminds me of the cover song on Electroretard, pure briliance. The first time I heard POTRE I felt that it was a weak effort, but after a year or two I popped it back in and was able to get "it". Now I love that album. Maybe the same thing will happen to those of you who are not getting that "feeling" listening to NWB.

anaconda

Speaking of 'the smiling cobra' am i crazy or is Jared shouting "Quimby!!"
a few times starting around 2:14 in the song??