The Bootlicker

Started by LouiLoomis, May 17, 2004, 06:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitches of Copacabana

Wow, I started playing the Bootlicker for one of my girl friends, and she told me half way through Let It All Be that "this sounds like killing people music".  More specifically, a stabbing.  Needless to say, she didn't even make it to Black Santa.
"Be-bop boot and shoe, ding dong the bell has been rang."

Anonymous

Keep us updated, Doug.

I wanna see how this plays out...

Ministry Fiend

Quote from: Bitches of Copacabana on December 31, 2005, 01:54:16 AM
Wow, I started playing the Bootlicker for one of my girl friends, and she told me half way through Let It All Be that "this sounds like killing people music".  More specifically, a stabbing.  Needless to say, she didn't even make it to Black Santa.

WHAT! "Let It All Be" is fucking funky. I do think the LP is a ghostly funked up dub blues thing.....THIS is why it's one of my favs!

SchnabelA

When Melvins came home to me 2002, I purchased everything with them I came over. In the beginning I only fancied the direct, brutal stuff, but in the recent time I`ve begun to appreciate more and more the "alternative" Melvins. (alternative to their own basic style) Bootlicker is the undisputed record from that category, and it`s currently on Schnabels car-stereo`s A-list. Let It All Be is the higlight for my part.

Beebzer and Gronk

the end of prig is the SHIT!!
push the little daisy's and make them come up

Anonymous

glen

prig in it's entirety is "the shit".   
not sure where norecess is coming from on this one.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

norecess

Anonymous

rhett E rock

Prig, in it's entirety is genious. 

Rex Irae

Let It All Be is suuuch a good song live, but the version on bootlicker I think is too long and quiet.. it is one of my favorite live songs though and luckily they play it live A LOT so  :)

rhett E rock

Let It All Be is good live.  but they skip off the 2nd half.  i know it's a lot of hums and just sounds and then a song again.  but they could do so much with that.  and then when it goes back into the song.  i don't know.  i'm pissed they cut that half out live.  have they ever done it in its entirety?

Snajdan

When I saw the Melvins a couple weeks ago, I bought Gluey Porch Treatments, (quite possibly the greatest album ever)  and The Bootlicker and when my cousin took me home after the show I left The Bootlicker in his car, well I just got it back from him and spinning it now, Hopefuly this is awesome. I wanted to get something with Kevin on it. And something part of the "trilogy". What do you guys think of this album? I am psyched because I am still relatively new to the band and can listen to albums like bullhead with semi-fresh ears still. Anyways just got done with Black Santa and that was... different. It seems all their albums are very different.