:shock: :shock:
http://theobelisk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6297 (http://theobelisk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6297)
(http://img2.ymlp221.net/eshf_sausagescoverhires_1.jpg)
Feb. 8, 2013, San Francisco -- The Melvins return with a 13-track covers album titled "Everybody Loves Sausages," which is set for an Apr. 30 release via Ipecac Recordings.
"This record will give people a peak into the kind of things that influence us musically," explains Buzz Osborne. "We REALLY like all of these songs along with the bands who actually wrote this stuff because first and foremost we are HUGE music fans."
In a decidedly Melvins approach to a covers album, the band not only selected a unique assortment of songs to cover, ranging from Roxy Music's "In Every Dream Home A Heartache" to Queen's "Best Friend," they also enlisted several friends to take part including Mudhoney's Mark Arm joining them for The Scientists' "Set It On Fire" and Neurosis' Scott Kelly pitching in on a cover of Venom's "Warhead."
While the release is billed as a proper Melvins' album (featuring the line-up of Osborne, Dale Crover, Jared Warren and Coady Willis), there are a handful of songs recorded as the Melvins Lite incarnation of the band (Osborne, Crover and Trevor Dunn): "Female Trouble" (Divine a.k.a. John Waters), "Timothy Leary Lives" (Pop-O-Pies) and "Romance By Tales of Terror" (Tales of Terror).
The complete track listing with original artist and guest player notation:
1. Warhead (Venom; Guest: Scott Kelly of Neurosis)
2. Best Friend (Queen; Guest: Caleb Benjamin of Tweak Bird)
3. Black Betty (Original artist unknown)
4. Set It On Fire (The Scientists; Guest: Mark Arm)
5. Station To Station (David Bowie; Guest: JG Thirlwell)
6. Attitude (The Kinks: Guest: Clem Burke of Blondie)
7. Female Trouble (Divine a.k.a. John Waters)
8. Carpe Diem (The Fugs)
9. Timothy Leary Lives (Pop-O-Pies)
10. In Every Dream Home A Heartache (Roxy Music; Guests: Jello Biafra and Kevin Rutmanis)
11. Romance (Tales of Terror)
12. Art School (The Jam; Guest: Tom Hazelmeyer)
13. Heathen Earth (Throbbing Gristle)
Fuck yea, sStation to Station, Hope they do this live.
QuoteIn Every Dream Home A Heartache (Roxy Music; Guests: Jello Biafra and Kevin Rutmanis)
:o Kevin
Fuck ya!!! Looks awesome, so an album with Jared,Trevor and Kevin on it!!! :shock:
holy shit bs is on the ball. this literally just got posted on their fb.
SO EXCITED.
Ah this is interesting news!! Im usually not fond of bands when they release cover albums but i'll give this a chance. It makes me think of The Crybaby again in a way.
Look! All those songs that the Melvins only released on super expensive limited edition collector vinyl - now available for the crybabies!!!!
Maybe all y'all crybabies need to stop crying about music being so expensive. The Melvins get around to it - so just CHILL!
JG Thirlwell collaborating with The Melvins again :love:
Station to Station :love:
Did I just read Queen?
some awesome picks!
really curious about bowie and queen...
The songs on this album were recorded last winter, a year ago right?
Heck Yes!!! April 30th
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3041671 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3041671)
Damn double threaded this, can someone delete this please i knot know khnow
Everybody Loves Sausages :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Whoa! Awesome! I did not see this coming. They had been talking about recording cover songs with guests, but I wasn't expecting a full cover album. I really love the album cover. :lol: :lol: :lol: The pink and red coloration looks real nice and that dog looks very happy :lol:
Yes! Tales of Terror cover!
The album cover is kind of like an animated version of Nude With Boots
(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3a/Nude_with_boots_cover.jpg)
(http://img2.ymlp221.net/eshf_sausagescoverhires_1.jpg)
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 08, 2013, 01:35:33 PM
Everybody Loves Sausages :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Schnab influenced The Melvins :o
I know 'Black Betty' and 'Female Trouble' have both appeared on 7"s but have any others?
YES!!!
Quote from: black stallion on February 08, 2013, 01:42:17 PM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 08, 2013, 01:35:33 PM
Everybody Loves Sausages :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Schnab influenced The Melvins :o
I have a confession to make... I really don't like sausage. Everyone loves bacon-now there's a statement I can get behind on :)
Quote from: )))((( on February 08, 2013, 01:43:00 PM
I know 'Black Betty' and 'Female Trouble' have both appeared on 7"s but have any others?
Carpe Diem, I think? It was just released with Female Trouble-I don't know if it was a 7"-I don't collect those things
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 08, 2013, 01:49:17 PM
Quote from: )))((( on February 08, 2013, 01:43:00 PM
I know 'Black Betty' and 'Female Trouble' have both appeared on 7"s but have any others?
Carpe Diem, I think? It was just released with Female Trouble-I don't know if it was a 7"-I don't collect those things
Carpe Diem & Female Trouble were on a 12" :nerd:
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 08, 2013, 01:35:18 PM
Damn double threaded this, can someone delete this please i knot know khnow
Don't worry. Go to sleep tonight and in the morning the elves will have tidied it all up and erased the memories of those of us who saw your terrible mistake.
Quote from: jules on February 08, 2013, 02:08:00 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 08, 2013, 01:35:18 PM
Damn double threaded this, can someone delete this please i knot know khnow
Don't worry. Go to sleep tonight and in the morning the elves will have tidied it all up and erased the memories of those of us who saw your terrible mistake.
i'm the winner flutter! [-( :P
What a fine choice for a Roxy Music song.
And this:
Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 08, 2013, 12:55:51 PM
so an album with Jared,Trevor and Kevin on it!!! :shock:
just blew my mind.
This is gonna be sweet.
This news made my day ... excellent tracklist ... this is gonna be hot ... and it drops in days of my bday!
Happy Birthday to me!
Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 08, 2013, 12:55:51 PM
Jared, Trevor and Kevin on it!!! :shock:
I just pissed my pants.
Let's party.
Will there be an acoustic version for vegetarians?
Quote from: jules on February 08, 2013, 02:08:00 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 08, 2013, 01:35:18 PM
Damn double threaded this, can someone delete this please i knot know khnow
Don't worry. Go to sleep tonight and in the morning the elves will have tidied it all up and erased the memories of those of us who saw your terrible mistake.
What mistake??? :D
hmm, not sure who deleted my comment, or how it could possibly offend anyone by saying that the Queen song was pop-rock, but oh well. Looking forward to this cd! Awesome that we will hear studio versions of Black Betty and Female Trouble!
Quote from: Leroy on February 08, 2013, 02:29:31 PM
hmm, not sure who deleted my comment, or how it could possibly offend anyone by saying that the Queen song was pop-rock, but oh well.
i don't know. the title i gave to this thread has been slightly changed too
lookin forward to this album! :)
Hope Mr DNA is a hidden bonus track :o
Art School - The Jam \:D/
right on, thrilled with this one
Quote from: JUDY on February 08, 2013, 02:16:17 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 08, 2013, 12:55:51 PM
Jared, Trevor and Kevin on it!!! :shock:
I just pissed my pants.
Let's party.
You go ahead. I'm a little verklempt.
Kevin back with the guys 8)
A Venom track 8)
A cover with a dog 8)
Everything for an another great album
Quote from: jules on February 08, 2013, 01:16:09 PM
Did I just read Queen?
interesting track selection as well. best friend is probably the happy-go-luckiest song in their catalog. I'll be damn curious to hear the MELVIN'S take.
Quote from: glen on February 08, 2013, 03:38:03 PM
best friend is probably the happy-go-luckiest song in their catalog. I'll be damn curious to hear the MELVIN'S take.
I hope they un-happy it.
All the vocal harmonizing in the Big Biz era has really given the Melvins a Queen like feel to me.
Can't wait to hear what they will do with Best Friend.
(http://s12.postimage.org/xlpgt4ra5/everybody_loves_sausages.jpg) (http://postimage.org/)
Quote from: The Bloated Pope on February 08, 2013, 03:37:50 PM
A cover with a dog 8)
I'm always really happy when an animal scores people food. I once saw a pigeon in the Giants Stadium parking lot running around w/a chicken wing.
Fucking bad-ass. Glad some of the recent covers aren't exclusive to AmRep limited vinyl releases. I love when bands I like do "covers" albums. How many other bands have done this, besides Primus with Misc. Debris & Rhinoplasty? Those are both awesome.
Quote from: The Bloated Pope on February 08, 2013, 03:37:50 PM
A cover with a dog 8)
That dog looks like it wouldn't be that out of place in the stag artwork :)
Quote from: black stallion on February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM
:shock: :shock:
http://theobelisk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6297 (http://theobelisk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6297)
(http://img2.ymlp221.net/eshf_sausagescoverhires_1.jpg)
Feb. 8, 2013, San Francisco -- The Melvins return with a 13-track covers album titled "Everybody Loves Sausages," which is set for an Apr. 30 release via Ipecac Recordings.
"This record will give people a peak into the kind of things that influence us musically," explains Buzz Osborne. "We REALLY like all of these songs along with the bands who actually wrote this stuff because first and foremost we are HUGE music fans."
In a decidedly Melvins approach to a covers album, the band not only selected a unique assortment of songs to cover, ranging from Roxy Music's "In Every Dream Home A Heartache" to Queen's "Best Friend," they also enlisted several friends to take part including Mudhoney's Mark Arm joining them for The Scientists' "Set It On Fire" and Neurosis' Scott Kelly pitching in on a cover of Venom's "Warhead."
While the release is billed as a proper Melvins' album (featuring the line-up of Osborne, Dale Crover, Jared Warren and Coady Willis), there are a handful of songs recorded as the Melvins Lite incarnation of the band (Osborne, Crover and Trevor Dunn): "Female Trouble" (Divine a.k.a. John Waters), "Timothy Leary Lives" (Pop-O-Pies) and "Romance By Tales of Terror" (Tales of Terror).
The complete track listing with original artist and guest player notation:
1. Warhead (Venom; Guest: Scott Kelly of Neurosis)
2. Best Friend (Queen; Guest: Caleb Benjamin of Tweak Bird)
3. Black Betty (Original artist unknown)
4. Set It On Fire (The Scientists; Guest: Mark Arm)
5. Station To Station (David Bowie; Guest: JG Thirlwell)
6. Attitude (The Kinks: Guest: Clem Burke of Blondie)
7. Female Trouble (Divine a.k.a. John Waters)
8. Carpe Diem (The Fugs)
9. Timothy Leary Lives (Pop-O-Pies)
10. In Every Dream Home A Heartache (Roxy Music; Guests: Jello Biafra and Kevin Rutmanis)
11. Romance (Tales of Terror)
12. Art School (The Jam; Guest: Tom Hazelmeyer)
13. Heathen Earth (Throbbing Gristle)
I applaud anyone who will attempt to cover Roxy Music's early wreckords. This has always been one of my very favorite songs...
Quote from: sadcorps on February 08, 2013, 01:02:36 PM
Look! All those songs that the Melvins only released on super expensive limited edition collector vinyl - now available for the crybabies!!!!
Maybe all y'all crybabies need to stop crying about music being so expensive. The Melvins get around to it - so just CHILL!
<<wicked grin>>
Station to station!
Once again proving the Melvins are the best cover band in the world!
This is going to be awesome, especially Thirlwell doing Bowie. I wonder if the Throbbing Gristle track is the same one from the In Formation tribute album that they did or if it's something different.
*excitement puke*
Quote from: glen on February 08, 2013, 03:38:03 PM
Quote from: jules on February 08, 2013, 01:16:09 PM
Did I just read Queen?
interesting track selection as well. best friend is probably the happy-go-luckiest song in their catalog. I'll be damn curious to hear the MELVIN'S take.
I heard in a recent Tweak Bird interview that the Melvins gave Caleb a list of Queen songs that he could choose from.
Quote from: Oscar on February 08, 2013, 07:53:56 PM
Quote from: glen on February 08, 2013, 03:38:03 PM
Quote from: jules on February 08, 2013, 01:16:09 PM
Did I just read Queen?
interesting track selection as well. best friend is probably the happy-go-luckiest song in their catalog. I'll be damn curious to hear the MELVIN'S take.
I heard in a recent Tweak Bird interview that the Melvins gave Caleb a list of Queen songs that he could choose from.
this is one of the tracks im more excited for :lol: itll be very interesting with lots of tongued cheek.
I really want to hear studio versions of Pinhead and Bacon Industry
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 08, 2013, 08:58:36 PM
I really want to hear studio versions of Pinhead and Bacon Industry
Me too! And Cherub!
where does one track down an mp3 of female trouble? can someone hook up a longtime board member? xoxoxoxo
When have Melvins ever done you wrong? NEVER! That's right, and this is no exception. The band released a split 12″ on Amphetamine Reptile on New Year's Eve and is probably selling on eBay for $4500 right now, but courtesy of AmRep and the band themselves, they've posted it on YouTube for free. The song is the theme to the John Waters' cult film of the same name, which received a rating of X during its initial release.
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 08, 2013, 04:04:11 PM
How many other bands have done this, besides Primus with Misc. Debris & Rhinoplasty? Those are both awesome.
David Bowie, Ministry, John Zorn, Mondo Cane, Rush, Def Leppard, Between the Buried and Me, Iced Earth
Quote from: danimal on February 08, 2013, 10:58:28 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 08, 2013, 04:04:11 PM
How many other bands have done this, besides Primus with Misc. Debris & Rhinoplasty? Those are both awesome.
David Bowie, Ministry, John Zorn, Mondo Cane, Rush, Def Leppard, Between the Buried and Me, Iced Earth
Slayer, Metallica, Six Feet Under
Quote from: )))((( on February 08, 2013, 03:56:36 PM
Covers!!!
Venom - Warhead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7kNRp00G3o#)
You're My Best Friend Lyrics - Queen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN_HVup9oOg#)
Melvins - Black Betty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZqrORwjNYw#)
THE SCIENTISTS- Set It On Fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZtoIoEoAX0#)
David Bowie Station to Station (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91_XJQN3U-4#)
The kinks attitude (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpyxLCySsVI#)
Melvins • "Female Trouble" • Amphetamine Reptile Records (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZqYf2N9fVg#ws)
Melvins - Carpe Diem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3EVBVVuwE#ws)
Pop-O-Pies - Timothy Leary Lives.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvQXuFj1Kc4#)
Roxy Music - In Every Dream Home a Heartache (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSniBxXjK_8#)
Tales of Terror - Romance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yKPHTRcsiE#ws)
The Jam - Art School (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzWAO9Xmx9Y#)
THROBBING GRISTLE [recording.heathen.earth.1980.02.16] PART 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg1d3WCoSAY#)
Thanks for posting this :)
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 08, 2013, 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: danimal on February 08, 2013, 10:58:28 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 08, 2013, 04:04:11 PM
How many other bands have done this, besides Primus with Misc. Debris & Rhinoplasty? Those are both awesome.
David Bowie, Ministry, John Zorn, Mondo Cane, Rush, Def Leppard, Between the Buried and Me, Iced Earth
Slayer, Metallica, Six Feet Under
RATM, Dream Theater, The Residents, Faith No More
Omg I heart (vegan) sausages. Found some crayons and puked this out at work in spite of pure happiness. Awkward moment when the manager on duty caught me goofing off and asked to see it.
:)
[attachment deleted by admin]
Nice. I like the drawing
YES!!! Just read this, super excited.
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvtp58Hdp71qzng5no1_400.gif)
Quote from: MrLuck87 on February 08, 2013, 11:23:31 PM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 08, 2013, 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: danimal on February 08, 2013, 10:58:28 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 08, 2013, 04:04:11 PM
How many other bands have done this, besides Primus with Misc. Debris & Rhinoplasty? Those are both awesome.
David Bowie, Ministry, John Zorn, Mondo Cane, Rush, Def Leppard, Between the Buried and Me, Iced Earth
Slayer, Metallica, Six Feet Under
RATM, Dream Theater, The Residents, Faith No More
When did Faith No More ever release a covers album?
Quote from: Bigval on February 09, 2013, 01:34:31 AM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on February 08, 2013, 11:23:31 PM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 08, 2013, 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: danimal on February 08, 2013, 10:58:28 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 08, 2013, 04:04:11 PM
How many other bands have done this, besides Primus with Misc. Debris & Rhinoplasty? Those are both awesome.
David Bowie, Ministry, John Zorn, Mondo Cane, Rush, Def Leppard, Between the Buried and Me, Iced Earth
Slayer, Metallica, Six Feet Under
RATM, Dream Theater, The Residents, Faith No More
When did Faith No More ever release a covers album?
Must be thinking of the Songs to Make Love To EP (and forgetting there was an original song on it).
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 08, 2013, 08:58:36 PM
I really want to hear studio versions of Pinhead and Bacon Industry
Yeah they should have totally been on here. Same goes for 'Mr DNA' and 'Alleged' the Unsane cover they did.
Quote from: MrLuck87 on February 08, 2013, 11:23:31 PM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 08, 2013, 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: danimal on February 08, 2013, 10:58:28 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 08, 2013, 04:04:11 PM
How many other bands have done this, besides Primus with Misc. Debris & Rhinoplasty? Those are both awesome.
David Bowie, Ministry, John Zorn, Mondo Cane, Rush, Def Leppard, Between the Buried and Me, Iced Earth
Slayer, Metallica, Six Feet Under
RATM, Dream Theater, The Residents, Faith No More
Fantomas, Napalm Death.
Quote from: (PAUL) on February 09, 2013, 01:12:03 AM
YES!!! Just read this, super excited.
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvtp58Hdp71qzng5no1_400.gif)
This was the first thing that popped into my head when i read the title
there's no doubt i'll buy this album. i think The Melvins is one of the few bands that can make covers to sound better than the original versions
Melvins have been killing it with covers for years. Many times I like the their versions better than the originals..."With yo heart no yo hands", "Goin' Blind", "Sacrafice" just to name a few. What would be really cool is if they released an "Everyone else loves the Melvins" album and had other bands do Melvins covers (Similar to Unsane's cover of The Bloat") Do I smell a split Sausage 7" series? :lol:
Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 09, 2013, 07:20:33 AM
Melvins have been killing it with covers for years. Many times I like the their versions better than the originals..."With yo heart no yo hands", "Goin' Blind", "Sacrafice" just to name a few. What would be really cool is if they released an "Everyone else loves the Melvins" album and had other bands do Melvins covers (Similar to Unsane's cover of The Bloat") Do I smell a split Sausage 7" series? :lol:
I've got that Melvins tribute album 'We Reach' and don't think much of it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Reach:_The_Music_of_the_Melvins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Reach:_The_Music_of_the_Melvins)
Melvins and Beatles are the only two bands that can make a cover better than the original. It's a rare talent. That being said if I had to give an answer for fav covers ever I'd no doubt ramble off five + melvins tracks ....
This was such happy news to hear! I'm just ecstatic!
I'd also one day love to hear a studio of I wanna hold your hand :)
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 09, 2013, 06:29:00 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on February 09, 2013, 01:12:03 AM
YES!!! Just read this, super excited.
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvtp58Hdp71qzng5no1_400.gif)
This was the first thing that popped into my head when i read the title
You are simply an amazing
Flutter!!
I'm most excited for Station to Station. Will it stand alongside Halo of Flies and Youth of America? I hope so.
Quote from: JUDY on February 09, 2013, 09:22:53 AM
Melvins and Beatles are the only two bands that can make a cover better than the original. It's a rare talent. That being said if I had to give an answer for you fav covers ever I'd no doubt ramble off five + melvins tracks ....
I'd also one day love to hear a studio of I wanna hold your hand :)
Not so!! Have you ever listened to Harry Nilsson (for one)? Judy Garland to name just one other.
Quote from: the bloat on February 08, 2013, 10:45:13 PM
where does one track down an mp3 of female trouble? can someone hook up a longtime board member? xoxoxoxo
www.keepvid.com (http://www.keepvid.com)
Quote from: (PAUL) on February 09, 2013, 01:38:55 AM
Quote from: Bigval on February 09, 2013, 01:34:31 AM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on February 08, 2013, 11:23:31 PM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 08, 2013, 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: danimal on February 08, 2013, 10:58:28 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 08, 2013, 04:04:11 PM
How many other bands have done this, besides Primus with Misc. Debris & Rhinoplasty? Those are both awesome.
David Bowie, Ministry, John Zorn, Mondo Cane, Rush, Def Leppard, Between the Buried and Me, Iced Earth
Slayer, Metallica, Six Feet Under
RATM, Dream Theater, The Residents, Faith No More
When did Faith No More ever release a covers album?
Must be thinking of the Songs to Make Love To EP (and forgetting there was an original song on it).
Which song is the original? http://www.amazon.com/Songs-To-Make-Love/dp/B000002M3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360423843&sr=8-1&keywords=faith+no+more+songs+to+make+love+to (http://www.amazon.com/Songs-To-Make-Love/dp/B000002M3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360423843&sr=8-1&keywords=faith+no+more+songs+to+make+love+to)
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 09, 2013, 09:25:31 AM
Quote from: JUDY on February 09, 2013, 09:22:53 AM
Melvins and Beatles are the only two bands that can make a cover better than the original. It's a rare talent. That being said if I had to give an answer for you fav covers ever I'd no doubt ramble off five + melvins tracks ....
I'd also one day love to hear a studio of I wanna hold your hand :)
Not so!! Have you ever listened to Harry Nilsson (for one)? Judy Garland to name just one other.
Yes and yes. I love Judy Garland!!
I do mostly like cover songs in general but feel those I mentioned (meatles) are the only two in my binder full of bands that can just absolutely own it every time.
Everyone knows that THE best Melvins cover song yet is The Green Manalishi.
Debate over.
Oh also i wanted to say that somehow i've got a feeling this won't be the only Melvins album released this year.
Quote from: )))((( on February 09, 2013, 10:20:14 AM
Everyone knows that THE best Melvins cover song yet is The Green Manalishi.
Debate over.
=D>
Quote from: )))((( on February 09, 2013, 10:20:14 AM
Everyone knows that THE best Melvins cover song yet is
melvins - venus in furs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUA5WqmVGAs#)
Anyway. Did anyone else wake up this morning really wanting sausages? :love:
Quote from: Achmed on February 09, 2013, 11:06:23 AM
Jerkin Krokus, Youth of America and Let Me Roll It have my vote as the best covers they have ever done yet.
don't forget the Ramones cover and Buick MacKane 8)
Quote from: MrLuck87 on February 09, 2013, 09:29:06 AM
Which song is the original? http://www.amazon.com/Songs-To-Make-Love/dp/B000002M3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360423843&sr=8-1&keywords=faith+no+more+songs+to+make+love+to (http://www.amazon.com/Songs-To-Make-Love/dp/B000002M3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360423843&sr=8-1&keywords=faith+no+more+songs+to+make+love+to)
The german track Das Schutzenfest is an original.
Quote from: (PAUL) on February 09, 2013, 11:17:47 AM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on February 09, 2013, 09:29:06 AM
Which song is the original? http://www.amazon.com/Songs-To-Make-Love/dp/B000002M3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360423843&sr=8-1&keywords=faith+no+more+songs+to+make+love+to (http://www.amazon.com/Songs-To-Make-Love/dp/B000002M3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360423843&sr=8-1&keywords=faith+no+more+songs+to+make+love+to)
The german track Das Schutzenfest is an original.
Ah I could have sworn it was a cover. Oh well. 3/4 of the album is still covers so I consider it a covers album!
Missing & Intersteller Orverdrive
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 09, 2013, 11:54:19 AM
Intersteller Orverdrive
that's an incredible version they made of that song..almost identical to the original
I carry the "IN FORMATION: A TRIBUTE TO THROBBING GRISTLE" CD that the Melvins appear on in my distro @ http://chromepeeler.blogspot.com (http://chromepeeler.blogspot.com)
1 copy left. Released in 2000.
This an album I MUST have, both on vinyl and cd!
Quote from: ChromePeelerRec on February 09, 2013, 01:46:35 PM
I carry the "IN FORMATION: A TRIBUTE TO THROBBING GRISTLE" CD that the Melvins appear on in my distro @ http://chromepeeler.blogspot.com (http://chromepeeler.blogspot.com)
1 copy left. Released in 2000.
Sent you a message on the
Book of Faces...
Thanks everybody, "IN FORMATION: A TRIBUTE TO THROBBING GRISTLE" CD has been sold!
so is it the same song from the tribute on the new album? hmm
i agree the Melvins do great covers....but...ever since the 2X4 tour i have always wanted a studio version of the Queen track "Now Im Here" they used to kill that track. regardless, i am excited for this upcoming album......willing to bet its the first of three we get this year.
Quote from: TheSwingSet on February 09, 2013, 08:22:08 PM
i agree the Melvins do great covers....but...ever since the 2X4 tour i have always wanted a studio version of the Queen track "Now Im Here" they used to kill that track. regardless, i am excited for this upcoming album......willing to bet its the first of three we get this year.
One would hope!!
This album looks great! My fav Melvins covers would be Ramones and Fleetwood Mac along with Wings.
The Queen cover has Caleb from Tweak Bird on it...I wonder if him and Buzz will sing it duet style :lol:
My favorite classic rock Melvins Covers:
Goin' Blind
The Green Manalishi
Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Interstellar Overdrive
Let Me Roll It
My favorite punk Melvins Covers:
Lexicon Devil
Way Of The World
Sacrifice
Youth Of America
Most, if not all of these covers have been in the vaults, so to speak... Perhaps they'll do another with all fresh material someday??!!
Kevin is obviously familiar with jamming this one
http://youtu.be/pAZsC2rgPMU (http://youtu.be/pAZsC2rgPMU)
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 08, 2013, 01:46:38 PM
I have a confession to make... I really don't like sausage. Everyone loves bacon-now there's a statement I can get behind on :)
Everybody loves Berner Würstl.
(http://forum.mybbq.net/userpix/1065_bP9271897_1.jpg)
Nice :)
Best cover...LEEECH!!!!
Can't wait for this album.
Great news, I wonder if "Carpe Diem" and "Black Betty" are the same versions released previously on vinyl.
I wondered the same thing! I was going to ask, but I assumed that the moderator would delete my post.
what?!? no jerkin' crocus love??
Today Your Love Tomorrow the World. Or pretty much every cover they ever did, really.
Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 10, 2013, 07:53:05 AM
The Queen cover has Caleb from Tweak Bird on it...I wonder if him and Buzz will sing it duet style :lol:
My favorite classic rock Melvins Covers:
Goin' Blind
The Green Manalishi
Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Interstellar Overdrive
Let Me Roll It
My favorite punk Melvins Covers:
Lexicon Devil
Way Of The World
Sacrifice
Youth Of America
Nice assortment!
I'm thinking this will be much, much better than Crybaby, which is very uneven IMHO. Lately I have found a really good option is to put my Melvins playlist on shuffle. Even Prick is good in small doses! When I posted in Rate the Records, the average is well-above just average!!
Quote from: glen on February 11, 2013, 09:21:04 AM
what?!? no jerkin' crocus love??
I was thinking the same thing. Willing to bet the gang will get around to releasing the HAT singles on CD at some point.
Or not .... We shall see :P (MORE LETTERPRESS LOVE PLEASE)
They absolutely KILL the Fleetwood Mac and Wings covers but my fav cover is without a doubt stone cold With Yo Heart Not Yo Hands. Dead sexy.
I have to jump on the bandwagon here and say I'm most intrigued to hear Station to Station. Das gonna be rad!
Quote from: Leroy on February 11, 2013, 08:55:06 AM
I wondered the same thing! I was going to ask, but I assumed that the moderator would delete my post.
Why would they delete that? Seems like a reasonable question.
Quote from: )))((( on February 09, 2013, 10:20:14 AM
Everyone knows that THE best Melvins cover song yet is The Green Manalishi.
Debate over.
I'll see your Green Manalishi and raise you a Rocket Reducer No. 62.
Melvins - Rocket Reducer #62 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK5uzTzY3H4#ws)
I happen to know (from a reliable source) that there will be 8-9 singles with non-LP b-sides. Better start saving your pennines...
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 13, 2013, 07:56:03 AM
I happen to know (from a reliable source) that there will be 8-9 singles with non-LP b-sides. Better start saving your pennines...
<<pennies>>
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 13, 2013, 07:56:03 AM
I happen to know (from a reliable source) that there will be 8-9 singles with non-LP b-sides. Better start saving your pennines...
:lol:
Unfortunately, my Pennines are already accounted for: (happy birthday btw)
(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/highcupnick-5506b_zps78bf6544.jpg)
^
Nice. I used to live in Sheffield and go out biking in the Pennines. Lovely part of the world.
Quote from: jules on February 13, 2013, 08:22:16 AM
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 13, 2013, 07:56:03 AM
I happen to know (from a reliable source) that there will be 8-9 singles with non-LP b-sides. Better start saving your pennines...
:lol:
Unfortunately, my Pennines are already accounted for: (happy birthday btw)
(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/highcupnick-5506b_zps78bf6544.jpg)
Thanks Jules! I know for certain that you will be collecting the
singles (as well as every other available format on this one)...
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 13, 2013, 12:52:23 PM
Thanks Jules! I know for certain that you will be collecting the singles (as well as every other available format on this one)...
Onward and upward! Unless Madam requires me to 'settle down' and provide her with offspring, I'm good for a few more Letterpresses and what-not! PM me your address, by the way; I've got a present for you.
*
I'd really like to see a whole LP of Melvins/Napalm Death, if you're watching. By the way. :)
Quote from: jules on February 13, 2013, 12:57:11 PM
I'd really like to see a whole LP of Melvins/Napalm Death, if you're watching. By the way. :)
Oi! Don't even suggest such things. It's too good to be(come) true.
Those ND oldies have found a new gear this millennium and put out increasingly inspired stuff for a few albums already. For fuck's sake that would rule =P~
Jules, you don't need offspring. Your Melvins records are you children! :lol:
So 8-9 smoked sausages? I'm down...I'm sure AmRep will make them all purdy like.
Oh and Dead Mike- Rocket Reducer FTW!!! (Good call)
Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 14, 2013, 07:28:32 AM
Jules, you don't need offspring. Your Melvins records are you children! :lol:
I'm glad you said that. I shall use that if
madame ever gets broody.
Quote from: jules on February 14, 2013, 02:00:02 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 14, 2013, 07:28:32 AM
Jules, you don't need offspring. Your Melvins records are you children! :lol:
I'm glad you said that. I shall use that if madame ever gets broody.
I sense a danger of getting her a liittle moody :)
Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 14, 2013, 07:28:32 AM
Jules, you don't need offspring. Your Melvins records are you children! :lol:
So 8-9 smoked sausages? I'm down...I'm sure AmRep will make them all purdy like.
Oh and Dead Mike- Rocket Reducer FTW!!! (Good call)
Those
Melvins wreckords certainly are
my children...
Quote from: Godflesh on February 15, 2013, 04:01:58 AM
Quote from: jules on February 14, 2013, 02:00:02 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 14, 2013, 07:28:32 AM
Jules, you don't need offspring. Your Melvins records are you children! :lol:
I'm glad you said that. I shall use that if madame ever gets broody.
I sense a danger of getting her a liittle moody :)
I'll trade mood swings over two hours sleep every night for three years thankyouverymuch!
Quote from: jules on February 15, 2013, 01:15:49 PM
I'll trade mood swings over two hours sleep every night for three years thankyouverymuch!
Im not sure i would. :?
Think i'd take the lack of sleep.
Quote from: )))((( on February 15, 2013, 01:18:13 PM
Quote from: jules on February 15, 2013, 01:15:49 PM
I'll trade mood swings over two hours sleep every night for three years thankyouverymuch!
Im not sure i would. :?
Think i'd take the lack of sleep.
As it's all hypothetical, none of us need worry!
Quote from: jules on February 13, 2013, 12:57:11 PM
Unless Madam requires me to 'settle down' and provide her with offspring,
wait... what? julesy!! you sneaky little devil you! and would I approve of this young lady?
:D
(hypothetical MY ASS!!)
PS: MELVINS/NAPALM full album... lord have mercy.
Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 10, 2013, 07:53:05 AM
My favorite classic rock Melvins Covers:
Goin' Blind
The Green Manalishi
Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Interstellar Overdrive
Let Me Roll It
My favorite punk Melvins Covers:
Lexicon Devil
Way Of The World
Sacrifice
Youth Of America
Good list- I'd probably add Rocket Reducer and Five - the live version, where Dale screams Five over and over at the end.
from a recent interview with Trevor:
"We did 51 shows in 51 days and so the Melvins Lite is a band that basically I will always be part of," Dunn explains. "I think we're going to Europe in April for a short tour there, and yeah...there will be more from us on the horizon for sure. Those guys are workaholics, and I think I will be on one of those seven inches they are doing."
What seven inches? This is when Dunn goes mum. Maybe no one was supposed to know.
http://gunshyassassin.com/gun-shy-interview/tomahawks-trevor-dunn-the-gun-shy-interview/ (http://gunshyassassin.com/gun-shy-interview/tomahawks-trevor-dunn-the-gun-shy-interview/)
Maybe he did the math wrong.
or maybe he is talking about some vinyl releases with sausages songs and non-album songs... would be cool to have all the sausage songs on vinyl at one point.
yeah, I'm thinking a bunch of sausages 7'' with neat b-sides
Quote from: Oscar on February 16, 2013, 03:55:54 AM
yeah, I'm thinking a bunch of sausages 7'' with neat b-sides
Yeah quite possibly. I don't see why it should be so hush-hush. After all we all pretty much know that the band will issue a ton of vinyl this year just like the last few years. I can't see that ending anytime soon. Plenty more 7"s and splits to come.
Quote from: buddy holiday on February 16, 2013, 02:08:49 AM
or maybe he is talking about some vinyl releases with sausages songs and non-album songs... would be cool to have all the sausage songs on vinyl at one point.
Agreed. I would like to see it on an LP first. Then, singles...
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 17, 2013, 08:33:57 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on February 16, 2013, 02:08:49 AM
or maybe he is talking about some vinyl releases with sausages songs and non-album songs... would be cool to have all the sausage songs on vinyl at one point.
Agreed. I would like to see it on an LP first. Then, singles...
In fact, that the only thing that bugs me about
(a)Senile Animal. I have to keep changing the discs...
Quote from: black stallion on February 08, 2013, 01:31:00 PM
Quote from: )))((( on February 08, 2013, 01:29:58 PM
Quote from: jules on February 08, 2013, 01:16:09 PM
Did I just read Queen?
Yes. 8-[
Jared&Coady are big fans
Queen is in my top 10 bands. They influenced a shit ton of great musicians.
I still believe that Creston Spiers took guitar tone notes from Brian May.
Listen to the last track on "Courtesy" and the last track on "a Night at the Opera"
Not sure why this reminds me of Melvins...
[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: )))((( on February 08, 2013, 12:59:16 PM
Ah this is interesting news!! Im usually not fond of bands when they release cover albums but i'll give this a chance. It makes me think of The Crybaby again in a way.
The melvins are not a usual Band. you give this more than a chance, and rest assured it wont be anything like the Crybaby.
lol, you! are more like the Crybaby. :P :P :P
does anyone know if "Black Betty" and "Female Trouble" will be the same live versions from the vinyl releases? Or are they both studio versions?
Quote from: Leroy on February 18, 2013, 09:24:18 AM
does anyone know if "Black Betty" and "Female Trouble" will be the same live versions from the vinyl releases? Or are they both studio versions?
me thinky yes.
Quote from: Leroy on February 18, 2013, 09:24:18 AM
does anyone know if "Black Betty" and "Female Trouble" will be the same live versions from the vinyl releases? Or are they both studio versions?
Both of those songs were "Studio Versions" as far as I am aware
Quote from: jonE5 on February 18, 2013, 11:35:17 AM
Quote from: Leroy on February 18, 2013, 09:24:18 AM
does anyone know if "Black Betty" and "Female Trouble" will be the same live versions from the vinyl releases? Or are they both studio versions?
Both of those songs were "Studio Versions" as far as I am aware
woopsy, I read him wrong.
I think these are the original studio recordings from the 7" singles.
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 17, 2013, 08:39:06 AM
In fact, that the only thing that bugs me about (a)Senile Animal. I have to keep changing the discs...
you'll have to get one of those test pressings!
only $160 or something on ebay recently... hefty price for convenience i guess
Quote from: glen on February 18, 2013, 11:40:04 AM
Quote from: jonE5 on February 18, 2013, 11:35:17 AM
Quote from: Leroy on February 18, 2013, 09:24:18 AM
does anyone know if "Black Betty" and "Female Trouble" will be the same live versions from the vinyl releases? Or are they both studio versions?
Both of those songs were "Studio Versions" as far as I am aware
woopsy, I read him wrong.
I think these are the original studio recordings from the 7" singles.
wrong again.
Female Trouble is a 12"
just sayin' 8)
do not fuck with pinky
:shock:
Quote from: TosT on February 18, 2013, 01:08:18 PM
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 17, 2013, 08:39:06 AM
In fact, that the only thing that bugs me about (a)Senile Animal. I have to keep changing the discs...
you'll have to get one of those test pressings!
only $160 or something on ebay recently... hefty price for convenience i guess
Yes, that was real bargain. And it ASA!
Convenience, rarity, not just a test pressing but a different variant at the same time... :D
Quote from: Godflesh on February 22, 2013, 03:45:26 AM
Quote from: TosT on February 18, 2013, 01:08:18 PM
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 17, 2013, 08:39:06 AM
In fact, that the only thing that bugs me about (a)Senile Animal. I have to keep changing the discs...
you'll have to get one of those test pressings!
only $160 or something on ebay recently... hefty price for convenience i guess
Yes, that was real bargain. And it ASA!
Convenience, rarity, not just a test pressing but a different variant at the same time... :D
Actually, $160 isn't bad for a TP...
Quote from: Yanayaya on February 22, 2013, 02:08:52 PM
Quote from: Godflesh on February 22, 2013, 03:45:26 AM
Yes, that was real bargain. And it ASA!
Convenience, rarity, not just a test pressing but a different variant at the same time... :D
Actually, $160 isn't bad for a TP...
Yup, that's what I meant. Cheap for a TP and really cheap for this one.
You know what I realized? Everybody loves Sausages will be the first Melvins album where the album artwork is related to the album title.
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 23, 2013, 12:05:23 AM
Everybody loves Sausages will be the first Melvins album where the album artwork is related to the album title.
:o
Im gonna have to think this through... :-k
what about Queen Ozma..
and btw, you payed $160 for TP!! huh-huh!!!
Its like, I just wouldnt wipe for that price! :merde:
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 23, 2013, 12:05:23 AM
You know what I realized? Everybody loves Sausages will be the first Melvins album where the album artwork is related to the album title.
Also The Bulls & The Bees ! And maybe the cowboy on the cover of Prick is a prick ?
Quote from: Dumpster D on February 23, 2013, 03:57:34 AM
and btw, you payed $160 for TP!! huh-huh!!!
Its like, I just wouldnt wipe for that price! :merde:
Whatever, dude. I'm happy with my turd :)
Quote from: (the) rictus on February 08, 2013, 12:54:01 PM
QuoteIn Every Dream Home A Heartache (Roxy Music; Guests: Jello Biafra and Kevin Rutmanis)
:o Kevin
Tomahawk covered this song a few times. Wonder if that had anything to do with it.
April not too far away!
Oops, forgot about ozma and bulls & the bees
Quote from: The Bloated Pope on February 23, 2013, 05:20:16 AM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 23, 2013, 12:05:23 AM
You know what I realized? Everybody loves Sausages will be the first Melvins album where the album artwork is related to the album title.
Also The Bulls & The Bees ! And maybe the cowboy on the cover of Prick is a prick ?
The solo EPs have their faces on them, that's pretty related.
Yeah, and WHAT ABOUT EGGNOG!
seriously didnt think that one through much either before ya took a leap off the deep end there fella!
Quote from: Dumpster D on February 24, 2013, 03:08:23 AM
Yeah, and WHAT ABOUT EGGNOG!
seriously didnt think that one through much either before ya took a leap off the deep end there fella!
why you little :P :disagree:
Ok, so besides Ozma, the solo EPs, the bulls & the bees, everybody loves sausages, and whatever else I'm forgetting, the artwork usually doesn't match the title. :P
The Melvins w/Scott Kelly - Warhead (Venom Cover) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz2jmiltTaA#ws)
this Venom cover made my day. thank you Melvins
Since Scott Kelly is an addional guitarist here I'm wondering who's bassin on this one. I imagine each track for SAUSAGES has a guarenteed Buzz and Dale -some with BB BOYS and others with noted randomness.
Track made my day :)
Yup, made my night too.
you didnt hear Dales radio promo Plugs for the show, but he did his funny DJ voice with Deep tremelo on it! :lol:
Hes got a Really good radio voice actually.
I been listening to that one, and the Kwee Track on my Cassette back to back, Is it Qui, or Kwee..sounds like that character from Johnny the homicidal Maniac..
Quote from: Dumpster D on March 01, 2013, 07:50:12 PM
Is it Qui, or Kwee
Qui.
David Yow sang with them for a while on their second album. It's a good release you should check it out. It's got covers of Zappa's 'Willie The Pimp' and a lovely rendition of the Floyd classic 'Echoes'. See below.
Qui - Apartment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXdPK7WeZxM#)
Qui - Echoes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psl-beoKN4Q#)
Is David Yow no longer with Qui? From (what I remember) of the track I heard Crover play on the radio, the vocals were strong.
Yow played a few songs live recently with Matt and Paul.
But no longer in the band. 8)
Qui - Prison Braid - live in Rome 18-09-08 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ZI2wGpmvc#)
Quote from: JUDY on March 01, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
Since Scott Kelly is an addional guitarist here I'm wondering who's bassin on this one. I imagine each track for SAUSAGES has a guarenteed Buzz and Dale -some with BB BOYS and others with noted randomness.
Track made my day :)
I think most of the album is the 4 piece line-up with added guests except for Female Trouble, Timothy Leary Lives and Romance which are all Melvins Lite recordings.
Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 03, 2013, 08:43:43 AM
Quote from: JUDY on March 01, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
Since Scott Kelly is an addional guitarist here I'm wondering who's bassin on this one. I imagine each track for SAUSAGES has a guarenteed Buzz and Dale -some with BB BOYS and others with noted randomness.
Track made my day :)
I think most of the album is the 4 piece line-up with added guests except for Female Trouble, Timothy Leary Lives and Romance which are all Melvins Lite recordings.
i remember seeing a pic of Dale in the studio jamming with Scott Kelly...i bet the Venom cover is just them with Buzzo
Quote from: black stallion on March 03, 2013, 04:15:35 PM
i bet the Venom cover is just them with Buzzo
Don't know about you guys but i find it tricky to tell if guitar parts are Scott, Buzzo or both!
The Venom cover is pretty good! I'm kinda conflicted on Scott Kelly's vocals but I dig the shit out of them here.
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on March 03, 2013, 04:34:11 PM
The Venom cover is pretty good! I'm kinda conflicted on Scott Kelly's vocals but I dig the shit out of them here.
I like it! 8)
I do think it might be pretty funny to hear this tough, raw song with gruff vocals, suddenly segueway into a cover of Queen's 'Bicycle' with the high pitched tones of the guy from Tweak Bird. :? :lol:
Quote from: black stallion on March 03, 2013, 04:15:35 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 03, 2013, 08:43:43 AM
Quote from: JUDY on March 01, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
Since Scott Kelly is an addional guitarist here I'm wondering who's bassin on this one. I imagine each track for SAUSAGES has a guarenteed Buzz and Dale -some with BB BOYS and others with noted randomness.
Track made my day :)
I think most of the album is the 4 piece line-up with added guests except for Female Trouble, Timothy Leary Lives and Romance which are all Melvins Lite recordings.
i remember seeing a pic of Dale in the studio jamming with Scott Kelly...i bet the Venom cover is just them with Buzzo
Sounds sorta like 2 drummers to me on the recording... plus this is what they said when they announced it...
QuoteWhile the release is billed as a proper Melvins' album (featuring the line-up of Osborne, Dale Crover, Jared Warren and Coady Willis), there are a handful of songs recorded as the Melvins Lite incarnation of the band (Osborne, Crover and Trevor Dunn): "Female Trouble" (Divine a.k.a. John Waters), "Timothy Leary Lives" (Pop-O-Pies) and "Romance By Tales of Terror" (Tales of Terror).
Quote from: )))((( on March 03, 2013, 04:40:17 PM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on March 03, 2013, 04:34:11 PM
The Venom cover is pretty good! I'm kinda conflicted on Scott Kelly's vocals but I dig the shit out of them here.
I like it! 8)
I do think it might be pretty funny to hear this tough, raw song with gruff vocals, suddenly segueway into a cover of Queen's 'Bicycle' with the high pitched tones of the guy from Tweak Bird. :? :lol:
Isn't the Queen cover Best Friend? Still, they're both light, happy songs and that's a good point you bring up. :lol:
did the Melvins sing backup vocals on the Venom cover as well?
I wonder what happened with the Neil Young covers they recorded recently w/ J Mascis. If anyone has a chance to ask Buzz/Dale, an answer would be appreciated. Need to hear that stuff.
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 04, 2013, 05:23:25 PM
I wonder what happened with the Neil Young covers they recorded recently w/ J Mascis. If anyone has a chance to ask Buzz/Dale, an answer would be appreciated. Need to hear that stuff.
I didn't know about that and I really want to hear them! :shock:
Buzz was badmouthing Neil Young in a recent interview:
Melvins Lite - Freak Puke - Interview & Live Performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N2tj05nsKI#ws)
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 04, 2013, 05:23:25 PM
I wonder what happened with the Neil Young covers they recorded recently w/ J Mascis. If anyone has a chance to ask Buzz/Dale, an answer would be appreciated. Need to hear that stuff.
What songs? Do you know of a link to any of them?
Dale mentions it in the MetalSucks interview:
I love what you did on the Lou Barlow record Goodnight Unknown.
He's a friend of mine and we talked about maybe doing something in the future. One of the things we talked about doing is one of those singles I mentioned with Dinosaur Jr. I think we're doing Neil Young songs.
I saw J. Mascis cover "Cortez The Killer" at a Neil Young tribute concert and it was amazing.
Well, I know what songs we're doing already and that isn't one of them, only because that one might be hard to do. Also, the way we're doing it is we're recording our parts and then sending it to them and they record their parts on it. But we did do something off of Zuma. It's a cover we used to do, not sure if you'd know that or not. We've been longtime Neil Young fans. Whether metal people will care about that or not, I don't know.
Full interview here:
http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/03/13/dale-crover-the-metalsucks-interview (http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/03/13/dale-crover-the-metalsucks-interview)
Cool interview. On what Buzz said about Neil:
Yeah, Buzz is right on most of that. Where WAS Neil in the '70s/'80s bitching about cassettes?. He didn't care much then. Buzz is right though, MP3s ARE today's cassettes. And if Neil's such an audiophile, how do you explain the overall production on most of his albums from the '80s? :shock: He didn't go back to analog sounding albums until Ragged Glory. Neil's also been very anti-CD for quite some time now, was trying to push DVD-A for years, and now that's pretty much a dead medium. CDs are fucking fine. Blu-Ray will die out soon too probably. How good do you think Neil's hearing really is, after 40 yrs of severely loud arena shows? Those '90s tour probably took a lot of his hearing away.
Also round the 10 min mark - where Buzz says Neil hasn't done anything good lately, then looking at Trevor/Dale for agreement, just look at Dale :lol: He wants to not agree, but just goes with it to keep the interview flowing. It would have been cool to see a Buzz/Dale debate. Sorry, Buzz - Neil's last several albums have been great. We'll see where Buzz is at musically when he's '67, if he's in the game that long. I'm not just saying Neil's recent work is good "for a guy who's 67", it's great music period.
Now that you re-posted that, I'm not sure if those Neil covers were Melvins sessions w/ J sitting in, or Dino Jr. sessions w/ Dale sitting in. Either way, I want to hear it.
Neil hasn't put out a full album approaching "good" in 20 years. And the recent ones most heralded, Le Noise and Psychedelic PIll are fucking turds, overbaked hippie nostalgia bullshit.
Hey. I'm writing my review right now. Are there any particular songs any of you guys want to read about?
Quote from: danimal on March 08, 2013, 12:13:47 PM
Hey. I'm writing my review right now. Are there any particular songs any of you guys want to read about?
Umm yeah, all of 'em!
Barring that ... "In Every Dream Home"
"Station To Station"
"Set It On Fire"
"Romance"
Yeah, those ones ...
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on March 08, 2013, 01:38:24 PM
Quote from: danimal on March 08, 2013, 12:13:47 PM
Hey. I'm writing my review right now. Are there any particular songs any of you guys want to read about?
Umm yeah, all of 'em!
Barring that ... "In Every Dream Home"
"Station To Station"
"Set It On Fire"
"Romance"
Yeah, those ones ...
I really hate song by song album reviews. I actually submitted it already but mentioned the first two songs on your list.
Station to Station is amazing.
Quote from: danimal on March 08, 2013, 01:59:13 PM
I actually submitted it already
When will it be readable by the masses?
Quote from: Rev. Mike on March 08, 2013, 10:19:26 AM
Neil hasn't put out a full album approaching "good" in 20 years. And the recent ones most heralded, Le Noise and Psychedelic PIll are fucking turds, overbaked hippie nostalgia bullshit.
I love Silver & Gold! Came out in 2000.
Saw Neil during the Greendale tour in '03 or'04. :? I lost intrest after about 5 minutes. Haven't heard anything new from him since.
Quote from: homeless_dad on March 08, 2013, 03:17:44 PM
Quote from: Rev. Mike on March 08, 2013, 10:19:26 AM
Neil hasn't put out a full album approaching "good" in 20 years. And the recent ones most heralded, Le Noise and Psychedelic PIll are fucking turds, overbaked hippie nostalgia bullshit.
I love Silver & Gold! Came out in 2000.
Saw Neil during the Greendale tour in '03 or'04. :? I lost intrest after about 5 minutes. Haven't heard anything new from him since.
I pretty much ignored that album when it came out. Finally checked it out last year, and was surprised at how good it was. The newest one isn't really groundbreaking, standard Horse formula, and it's damn good. I'm quite certain that if Buzz hyped up Psychedelic Pill, there'd be a 5 page thread on that album here and it would be on everyone's top of 2012 list. :P
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 08, 2013, 07:19:00 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on March 08, 2013, 03:17:44 PM
Quote from: Rev. Mike on March 08, 2013, 10:19:26 AM
Neil hasn't put out a full album approaching "good" in 20 years. And the recent ones most heralded, Le Noise and Psychedelic PIll are fucking turds, overbaked hippie nostalgia bullshit.
I love Silver & Gold! Came out in 2000.
Saw Neil during the Greendale tour in '03 or'04. :? I lost intrest after about 5 minutes. Haven't heard anything new from him since.
I pretty much ignored that album when it came out. Finally checked it out last year, and was surprised at how good it was. The newest one isn't really groundbreaking, standard Horse formula, and it's damn good. I'm quite certain that if Buzz hyped up Psychedelic Pill, there'd be a 5 page thread on that album here and it would be on everyone's top of 2012 list. :P
Pill is fucking awesome, Greendale was really good too, for a concept album, saw that live it was fun
I'll have to check out pill. Chief was speaking of Greendale, I'm assuming, not Silver and Gold. I'll give greendale another go. The greendale show was ok, just didn't realize most of it was gonna be a semi-musical concept thing.
Rev Mike is wrong!!!
[-(
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/rd.html?at=&force-full-site=1&lc=plm&ref_=aw_bottom_links&url=%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2FB00BECFYHW (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/rd.html?at=&force-full-site=1&lc=plm&ref_=aw_bottom_links&url=%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2FB00BECFYHW)
Preorder now. Available May 7th :?
????
Is it guaranteed to arrive by the 7th?
Quote from: homeless_dad on March 09, 2013, 10:06:10 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/rd.html?at=&force-full-site=1&lc=plm&ref_=aw_bottom_links&url=%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2FB00BECFYHW (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/rd.html?at=&force-full-site=1&lc=plm&ref_=aw_bottom_links&url=%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2FB00BECFYHW)
Preorder now. Available May 7th :?
????
Is it guaranteed to arrive by the 7th?
I would say no, if it comes out on Tuesday it will usually arrive Thursday or Friday, at least for standard shipping. However if Newbury Comics does a signed version again you will get it on the 7th or possibly a day earlier.
Quote from: (PAUL) on March 09, 2013, 10:58:08 AM
Quote from: homeless_dad on March 09, 2013, 10:06:10 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/rd.html?at=&force-full-site=1&lc=plm&ref_=aw_bottom_links&url=%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2FB00BECFYHW (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/rd.html?at=&force-full-site=1&lc=plm&ref_=aw_bottom_links&url=%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2FB00BECFYHW)
Preorder now. Available May 7th :?
????
Is it guaranteed to arrive by the 7th?
I would say no, if it comes out on Tuesday it will usually arrive Thursday or Friday, at least for standard shipping. However if Newbury Comics does a signed version again you will get it on the 7th or possibly a day earlier.
I was going to hold out, hoping for a Newbury Comics release.. They have done the last 3 through them (Not Counting Sugar Daddy)
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on March 08, 2013, 03:01:44 PM
Quote from: danimal on March 08, 2013, 01:59:13 PM
I actually submitted it already
When will it be readable by the masses?
I've been off the grid for a couple days. It's here:
http://targetaudiencemagazine.com/2013/03/melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://targetaudiencemagazine.com/2013/03/melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Quote from: danimal on March 10, 2013, 07:32:26 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on March 08, 2013, 03:01:44 PM
Quote from: danimal on March 08, 2013, 01:59:13 PM
I actually submitted it already
When will it be readable by the masses?
I've been off the grid for a couple days. It's here:
http://targetaudiencemagazine.com/2013/03/melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://targetaudiencemagazine.com/2013/03/melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Thanx ...
QuoteAnyway, it's ambient and noisy and fans of the Honky and Colossus of Destiny era should dig this.
:lol:
Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 11, 2013, 08:20:51 PM
QuoteAnyway, it's ambient and noisy and fans of the Honky and Colossus of Destiny era should dig this.
:lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
8)
Quote from: JUDY on March 11, 2013, 10:19:21 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 11, 2013, 08:20:51 PM
QuoteAnyway, it's ambient and noisy and fans of the Honky and Colossus of Destiny era should dig this.
:lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
8)
referring to the THROBBING GRISTLE cover, not the whole album. :(
on a related note: if I'd had my druthers I would have wanted to hear MELVINS members only doing all vox. but I didn't have my druthers. so I'll put my faith in the operator, as I always do.
Quote from: glen on March 12, 2013, 10:18:39 AM
Quote from: JUDY on March 11, 2013, 10:19:21 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 11, 2013, 08:20:51 PM
QuoteAnyway, it's ambient and noisy and fans of the Honky and Colossus of Destiny era should dig this.
:lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
8)
referring to the THROBBING GRISTLE cover, not the whole album. :(
on a related note: if I'd had my druthers I would have wanted to hear MELVINS members only doing all vox. but I didn't have my druthers. so I'll put my faith in the operator, as I always do.
I have to agree on this one.. The "Guest Vocalist" part has me a little concerned. "The Crybaby"is probably the Melvins album that I listen to least, because of the same reason... I just don't want other Vox messing with my Melvins :lol:
... At the same time, they can do no wrong, and I love the fact that they are Always coming at me from another angle
Quote from: jonE5 on March 12, 2013, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: glen on March 12, 2013, 10:18:39 AM
Quote from: JUDY on March 11, 2013, 10:19:21 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 11, 2013, 08:20:51 PM
QuoteAnyway, it's ambient and noisy and fans of the Honky and Colossus of Destiny era should dig this.
:lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
8)
referring to the THROBBING GRISTLE cover, not the whole album. :(
on a related note: if I'd had my druthers I would have wanted to hear MELVINS members only doing all vox. but I didn't have my druthers. so I'll put my faith in the operator, as I always do.
I have to agree on this one.. The "Guest Vocalist" part has me a little concerned. "The Crybaby"is probably the Melvins album that I listen to least, because of the same reason... I just don't want other Vox messing with my Melvins :lol:
... At the same time, they can do no wrong, and I love the fact that they are Always coming at me from another angle
The guest vocals and musical styles are a lot more consistent than
Crybaby.
Melvins just ain't the Melvins if Buzz ain't on vocals. I was hoping some of the guest vocalists would be doing duet style with Buzz.... (Especially the Queen cover)That being said, I'm still looking forward to this.
As far as COD...if your a Melvins fan who likes that album you will like anything the Melvins ever put out. :P
Quote from: jonE5 on March 12, 2013, 11:51:26 AM
The "Guest Vocalist" part has me a little concerned. I just don't want other Vox messing with my Melvins
Yeah i can see that. Generally im the same, although so far i like the Venom cover and Scott Kelly. I guess it depends on how much you appreciate the vocals of the guest singing it really. On the whole, i do wish Buzz had handled them tho. The song i always think about most in this regard is 'Mine Is No Disgrace'. I love that song but still think it could have been even better had Buzz sang it.
Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 12, 2013, 09:06:13 PM
Melvins just ain't the Melvins if Buzz ain't on vocals. I was hoping some of the guest vocalists would be doing duet style with Buzz.... (Especially the Queen cover)That being said, I'm still looking forward to this.
As far as COD...if your a Melvins fan who likes that album you will like anything the Melvins ever put out. :P
I love COD but am not that into
Prick.
hey danimal, is the station to station cover around 10 mins like the original? i sure hope so
Quote from: jonE5 on March 12, 2013, 11:51:26 AM
The "Guest Vocalist" part has me a little concerned.
Yeah seeing Jello on that Roxy tune ... love Jello ... but I was really let down w/ him on Halo of Flies w/ Melvins. Was really looking fwd to a studio version of it after hearing them whip it out live so many times ... and it smokes ... it'd be on fire if it was Buzz on vox though.
All in all though I'm pretty hyped on this ... looks pretty awesome!
Not punching the gift horse here, but it woulda been cool
if the 4 pc could of banged out studio versions of Pinhead
and Mr DNA for this release.
Quote from: anaconda on March 14, 2013, 06:55:47 AM
Not punching the gift horse here, but it woulda been cool
if the 4 pc could of banged out studio versions of Pinhead
and Mr DNA for this release.
maybe they include those as b-sides for the vinyl release(s).
i am really hoping for a studio version of halo of flies...
Quote from: anaconda on March 14, 2013, 06:55:47 AM
it woulda been cool if the 4 pc could of banged out studio versions of Pinhead and Mr DNA for this release.
Totally. I love both versions they played live.
Quote from: TosT on March 13, 2013, 10:33:27 PM
hey danimal, is the station to station cover around 10 mins like the original? i sure hope so
I've got a stream I can listen to so there's no track time on it, but it's pretty similar. If they skipped any parts, I didn't notice, but it's been years since I've regularly listened to Bowie. This track even starts off w/some noise.
Quote from: anaconda on March 14, 2013, 06:55:47 AM
Not punching the gift horse here, but it woulda been cool
if the 4 pc could of banged out studio versions of Pinhead
and Mr DNA for this release.
The Mr DNA was the song I was hoping for the most when I heard about the Covers record. It killed live
Quote from: danimal on March 14, 2013, 09:30:58 AM
Quote from: TosT on March 13, 2013, 10:33:27 PM
hey danimal, is the station to station cover around 10 mins like the original? i sure hope so
I've got a stream I can listen to so there's no track time on it, but it's pretty similar. If they skipped any parts, I didn't notice, but it's been years since I've regularly listened to Bowie. This track even starts off w/some noise.
NICE! Aw, so excited to hear that one!
I look forward to reading your review but I'm actually waiting til after I hear it as a whole. I treat my reviews like director's commentary, or spark notes! Added bonus!
Quote from: jonE5 on March 14, 2013, 12:48:29 PM
Quote from: anaconda on March 14, 2013, 06:55:47 AM
Not punching the gift horse here, but it woulda been cool
if the 4 pc could of banged out studio versions of Pinhead
and Mr DNA for this release.
The Mr DNA was the song I was hoping for the most when I heard about the Covers record. It killed live
Yep. I'll cross my fingers and hope to find it there as a hidden track~!!!!!
Quote from: jonE5 on March 12, 2013, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: glen on March 12, 2013, 10:18:39 AM
Quote from: JUDY on March 11, 2013, 10:19:21 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 11, 2013, 08:20:51 PM
QuoteAnyway, it's ambient and noisy and fans of the Honky and Colossus of Destiny era should dig this.
:lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
8)
referring to the THROBBING GRISTLE cover, not the whole album. :(
on a related note: if I'd had my druthers I would have wanted to hear MELVINS members only doing all vox. but I didn't have my druthers. so I'll put my faith in the operator, as I always do.
I have to agree on this one.. The "Guest Vocalist" part has me a little concerned. "The Crybaby"is probably the Melvins album that I listen to least, because of the same reason... I just don't want other Vox messing with my Melvins :lol:
... At the same time, they can do no wrong, and I love the fact that they are Always coming at me from another angle
the crybaby alone has for me, opened a lot of doors to other bands. Foetus, Patton, Godzik Pink....
Leif Garret :P
The Queen cover has been posted here
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/heres-the-melvins-covering-queens-youre-my-best-friend (http://noisey.vice.com/blog/heres-the-melvins-covering-queens-youre-my-best-friend)
:?
wait a minute... was that for real??
MELVINS: bending minds for 30+
i miss buzz' vocals...
still alright though...
Love it!
I personally can't stand Queen so i was never going to like this cover. I liked the guitar bits here on this version but the rest is just simply not my thing. It's okay though i can easily just skip that song when i listen to the album. The rest of the selections on which i like the originals of so im sure the Melvins versions will be enjoyable.
This immediately follows a Venom cover. Fucking hilarious!
I can't wait to see em' in Cincy!!
genius. :nerd:
Quote from: glen on March 21, 2013, 12:22:22 PM
wait a minute... was that for real??
MELVINS: bending minds for 30+
Well put...amazing...and with such class! (wonders whose been doing all the dope keyboard work?)
sell outs! :lol:
I must have pissed off Pitchfork or Spin or someone, because I was asked to temporarily take down my review.
Quote from: danimal on March 21, 2013, 08:23:00 PM
I must have pissed off Pitchfork or Spin or someone, because I was asked to temporarily take down my review.
Where's your review? Why would anyone ask you to 'temporarily' take it down? Sounds fishy!
post your review here dan, and we'll get it out there!
The targetaudience site page with the review is down. I don't even remember anything 'bad' on it.. strange. Yep, post it here, if possible.
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 21, 2013, 08:33:22 PM
Quote from: danimal on March 21, 2013, 08:23:00 PM
I must have pissed off Pitchfork or Spin or someone, because I was asked to temporarily take down my review.
Where's your review? Why would anyone ask you to 'temporarily' take it down? Sounds fishy!
It was here:
http://targetaudiencemagazine.com/2013/03/melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://targetaudiencemagazine.com/2013/03/melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
It will be back Apr 28. Their publicist asked us to temporarily remove it because it was too early. I've never heard that before and am just speculating that a bigger magazine was angered that they did not get it first. I can't think of another reason.
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 21, 2013, 08:37:02 PM
I don't even remember anything 'bad' on it..
There wasn't anything bad which is why I think it's just politics. It was cool to be the first for a while anyway.
That is mind boggling that the publicist would ask for a *review* to be taken down.. Just found the review, read it again, and it was a positive review.. who knows.
I've posted reviews for bands two months early in the past. Although more often than not, I'm running late.
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 21, 2013, 08:45:06 PM
That is mind boggling that the publicist would ask for a *review* to be taken down.. Just found the review, read it again, and it was a positive review.. who knows.
Yeah. It's totally weird.
for all you psychopaths that would dare to do such a thing, you can stream the samples of the tracks now on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Everybody-Loves-Sausages/dp/B00BY4CC8O (http://www.amazon.com/Everybody-Loves-Sausages/dp/B00BY4CC8O)
for some reason it says the mp3 album comes out on april 30 but it looks like the cd was pushed back a week
Quote from: Tyronehell on March 21, 2013, 12:15:00 PM
The Queen cover has been posted here
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/heres-the-melvins-covering-queens-youre-my-best-friend (http://noisey.vice.com/blog/heres-the-melvins-covering-queens-youre-my-best-friend)
It's a good song for Caleb to do the VOX on. I like it after a few listens.
Im not gonna PRe-View this Album, nope, I prefer the good old days when you spend your 26.99 and Take your roll of the dice.
goddamn I remember Buying Cds and just taping the damn things and taking them back, Then HMV put an end to the return policy.
What eva...times changed since napster got sued. now Big music Chains are just gonna shuck it and fuck it.
Like I said, I will buy it and not pre-listen to it, more than what I heard of it at least from Dale throwin up the Warhead cover.
I feel left out, but good things are worth the wait.
Well from the preview on Amazon I can tell you that is not the same Throbbing Gristle cover used on the tribute album that came out years ago.
Heathen Earth sounds really cool.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh, temptation .... but I'd rather wait.
Super diggin that Queen cover.
First reaction : Huh? Wut. Oh. Happy tunage!
Expected unexpected reactions are the best. Always on my toes!
I just realized that they've done a great cover of 'Now I'm Here' by Queen before.. strange.
The Heathen Earth snippet sounds great.
Not gonna listen. Wouldn't be prudent.
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 22, 2013, 10:18:01 PM
I just realized that they've done a great cover of 'Now I'm Here' by Queen before.. strange.
Yeah, 2x4 tour! Kinda miss DSS.
dude, I said it before and will say it again, DOOM music owes a Great Debt to a lot of Early Throbbing Gristle!
especially Melvins Basslines Such As; The man with the laughing hand is dead.
Check out throbbing Gristle IRC#3 Live at the winchester!
you will not be Dissapointed if you like HEAVY Droning doom-like bass guitar.
heathen earth is a Throbbing gristle Classic.
I think it was here that someone mentioned that they wanted to wait to see if Newberry Comics were going to release an autographed CD edition of Sausages? I picked up a Freak Puke that was autographed from them last year. I doubt that they will do this with Everybody Loves Sausages. There's just too many guest Artists. Who would be signing it??!!
Buzz and Dale for sure, and maybe Trevor, Coady and Jarhead
My thoughts based on the samples:
Yes, Yes, Eh, Wanna hear it, Hmm..., Makes me think of misfits, Fuck yeah, Fuck yeah, Punky!, Scary, Dirty, Generic Punk?, Honky?
Yeah, I'm getting this record when it's out.
Quote from: Dumpster D on March 22, 2013, 12:01:23 AMLike I said, I will buy it and not pre-listen to it, more than what I heard of it at least from Dale throwin up the Warhead cover.
I feel left out, but good things are worth the wait.
You're not alone, same here man. I can wait to throw on the CD for the proper listening experience.
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 26, 2013, 04:46:44 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on March 22, 2013, 12:01:23 AMLike I said, I will buy it and not pre-listen to it, more than what I heard of it at least from Dale throwin up the Warhead cover.
I feel left out, but good things are worth the wait.
You're not alone, same here man. I can wait to throw on the vinyl for the proper listening experience.
fixed :lol:
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on March 26, 2013, 05:16:55 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 26, 2013, 04:46:44 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on March 22, 2013, 12:01:23 AMLike I said, I will buy it and not pre-listen to it, more than what I heard of it at least from Dale throwin up the Warhead cover.
I feel left out, but good things are worth the wait.
You're not alone, same here man. I can wait to throw on the vinyl for the proper listening experience.
fixed :lol:
Yeah, right after you cough up $50 to AmRep for that super ltd vinyl. :lol:
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 26, 2013, 05:20:37 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on March 26, 2013, 05:16:55 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 26, 2013, 04:46:44 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on March 22, 2013, 12:01:23 AMLike I said, I will buy it and not pre-listen to it, more than what I heard of it at least from Dale throwin up the Warhead cover.
I feel left out, but good things are worth the wait.
You're not alone, same here man. I can wait to throw on the vinyl for the proper listening experience.
fixed :lol:
Yeah, right after you cough up $50 to AmRep for that super ltd vinyl. :lol:
Yep! :D
I seem to be out of Fifites, can you break a thousand dollar bill for me flutter. :)
Quote from: Dumpster D on March 26, 2013, 06:12:08 PM
I seem to be out of Fifites, can you break a thousand dollar bill for me flutter. :)
:D
:love:
That Bass on.....In Every Dream Home a Heartache and the English accents on Art School.
Leaked.
Quote from: FartLips on April 02, 2013, 12:20:34 AM
Leaked.
More like; GEEKED. :x
Impatience nor Cheapness is neither a Virture.
Quote from: Dumpster D on April 02, 2013, 04:24:18 AM
Impatience nor Cheapness is neither a Virture.
Discovering precious things before others is though!
Quote from: )))((( on April 02, 2013, 05:18:10 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on April 02, 2013, 04:24:18 AM
Impatience nor Cheapness is neither a Virture.
Discovering precious things before others is tho! :lol:
indeed!
(what's a virture?)
Romance streaming
http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/blog--exclusive-track-premiere-the-melvins-romance (http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/blog--exclusive-track-premiere-the-melvins-romance)
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on April 02, 2013, 11:18:52 AM
Romance streaming
http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/blog--exclusive-track-premiere-the-melvins-romance (http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/blog--exclusive-track-premiere-the-melvins-romance)
Nice cover. Melvins Lite!! Having heard all the originals i have a feeling this will be one of my top picks from the album.
"Played with needles just a little too much..."
Gotta admit I've never listened to Tales of Terror before. Pretty awesome track.
Sounds like I better check them out.
Quote from: deatheats on April 02, 2013, 11:52:00 AM
Gotta admit I've never listened to Tales of Terror before. Pretty awesome track.
Sounds like I better check them out.
It's a great album. Hard to find at a decent price on vinyl though.
My review's now unofficially back up:
http://targetaudiencemagazine.com/2013/04/melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://targetaudiencemagazine.com/2013/04/melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Melvins - Station To Station (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pabmB-2SFsA#)
:shock:
Must...resist...urge...to.listen....
Quote from: homeless_dad on April 03, 2013, 11:55:29 AM
Must...resist...urge...to.listen....
Come on Homey give in. Give in to temptation. It won't hurt i promise. :twisted:
Quote from: )))((( on April 03, 2013, 05:19:28 AM
Melvins - Station To Station (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pabmB-2SFsA#)
:shock:
:shock:
Quote from: )))((( on April 03, 2013, 01:26:03 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on April 03, 2013, 11:55:29 AM
Must...resist...urge...to.listen....
Come on Homey give in. Give in to temptation. It won't hurt i promise. :twisted:
Get thee behind me parenthesis guy!!!
(Keep the spooning jokes to yourself, Schnab.)
Quote from: homeless_dad on April 03, 2013, 02:26:11 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 03, 2013, 01:26:03 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on April 03, 2013, 11:55:29 AM
Must...resist...urge...to.listen....
Come on Homey give in. Give in to temptation. It won't hurt i promise. :twisted:
Get thee behind me parenthesis guy!!!
(Keep the spooning jokes to yourself, Schnab.)
:D
Quote from: Idlehanz on April 02, 2013, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: deatheats on April 02, 2013, 11:52:00 AM
Gotta admit I've never listened to Tales of Terror before. Pretty awesome track.
Sounds like I better check them out.
It's a great album. Hard to find at a decent price on vinyl though.
Oh boy, hard to find at a decent price on vinyl will mean tons of cry baby Melvins fans bitching.
Small review by Dave Kerr (with Black Betty imbedded)
http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/records/304400-melvins_everybody_loves_sausages (http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/records/304400-melvins_everybody_loves_sausages)
Quote from: sadcorps on April 03, 2013, 06:21:27 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on April 02, 2013, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: deatheats on April 02, 2013, 11:52:00 AM
Gotta admit I've never listened to Tales of Terror before. Pretty awesome track.
Sounds like I better check them out.
It's a great album. Hard to find at a decent price on vinyl though.
Oh boy, hard to find at a decent price on vinyl will mean tons of cry baby Melvins fans bitching.
Its not going to be more or less than any other limited Release Vinyl out there in this day and age..
what do people think this is anyway...
The free melvins 5 Oclock vinyl Giveaway or something...Seriously.
I support the Band, So everyone else out there, BE THANKFULL!
the melvins are a Band actually WORTH supporting!
Quote from: Dumpster D on April 03, 2013, 07:26:13 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on April 03, 2013, 06:21:27 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on April 02, 2013, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: deatheats on April 02, 2013, 11:52:00 AM
Gotta admit I've never listened to Tales of Terror before. Pretty awesome track.
Sounds like I better check them out.
It's a great album. Hard to find at a decent price on vinyl though.
Oh boy, hard to find at a decent price on vinyl will mean tons of cry baby Melvins fans bitching.
Its not going to be more or less than any other limited Release Vinyl out there in this day and age..
what do people think this is anyway...
The free melvins 5 Oclock vinyl Giveaway or something...Seriously.
I support the Band, So everyone else out there, BE THANKFULL!
the melvins are a Band actually WORTH supporting!
Indeed, though I'm sure Idle was referring to the
Tales Of Terror lp ... funny I saw two side by side 2-3 months ago for like $12-15 each? It was less than $20.
Diggin' Station to Station ... while guest vocals can be cool an' all I usually just think Buzz woulda sounded best (case in point Jelvins HOF cover). That being said, really diggin' Thirlwell here ...
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 03, 2013, 09:01:19 PM
Indeed, though I'm sure Idle was referring to the Tales Of Terror lp ... funny I saw two side by side 2-3 months ago for like $12-15 each? It was less than $20.
I was. I haven't seen a copy for less than $50 anywhere.
Quote from: )))((( on April 03, 2013, 05:19:28 AM
Melvins - Station To Station (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pabmB-2SFsA#)
:shock:
This is absolutely fantastic...
Quote from: Idlehanz on April 04, 2013, 09:04:07 AM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 03, 2013, 09:01:19 PM
Indeed, though I'm sure Idle was referring to the Tales Of Terror lp ... funny I saw two side by side 2-3 months ago for like $12-15 each? It was less than $20.
I was. I haven't seen a copy for less than $50 anywhere.
I know he was referring to the Tales of Terror lp. I can see the Melvins cry baby fans now starting to bitch - "Why didn't they make more? I missed out!", "Why don't they put this back in print so I can buy it for $12?" etc. etc.
Quote from: sadcorps on April 04, 2013, 11:14:38 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on April 04, 2013, 09:04:07 AM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 03, 2013, 09:01:19 PM
Indeed, though I'm sure Idle was referring to the Tales Of Terror lp ... funny I saw two side by side 2-3 months ago for like $12-15 each? It was less than $20.
I was. I haven't seen a copy for less than $50 anywhere.
I know he was referring to the Tales of Terror lp. I can see the Melvins cry baby fans now starting to bitch - "Why didn't they make more? I missed out!", "Why don't they put this back in print so I can buy it for $12?" etc. etc.
The whining is bad enough, I don't think we need a new Nostradamus on the matter John
Skinny Magazine's review of the album....4 Stars!
http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/records/304400-melvins_everybody_loves_sausages (http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/records/304400-melvins_everybody_loves_sausages)
What better way to ring in Melvins' 30th year than this snapshot of what was going on inside the impressionable minds of a young Buzz Osborne and Dale Crover back in 1983. Everybody Loves Sausages finds the duo serving up a plate load of tasty bangers that pay tribute to childhood influences which range through proto-punk (The Kinks) and thrash (Venom) via coked up art rock (Bowie), with an ensemble cast of their own contemporaries onboard to co-sign the love note.
Echoing the experimental nature of 2000's The Crybaby, it's a potent reminder of their dexterity beyond the dependable sludge metal records they've been trading in ever since (with the exception of Freak Puke, last year's doom jazz detour). From Jello Biafra's alternately chilling and hilarious Bryan Ferry impression (see the ambient reworking of Roxy Music's In Every Dream Home A Heartache), to one of the heaviest renditions of Station to Station you'll ever get lost in, it's a thrill to hear such eccentric moments from pop music's past so liberally seasoned with Melvins' own madness. Pass the sauce.
Fuck yellow writing.
I can't get past the queen cover. Because its so badass! :P
Let me know when It hits the shelves, I will be the first to steal a copy from HMV and wire the money Directly into Crovers Bank account! Nyuk Nyuk
shit Talking Theives! 8)
Quote from: FartLips on April 07, 2013, 12:18:15 AM
Fuck yellow writing.
Hahaha....I remember ages ago Fart Eyes going all Emo over the yellow pee writing....now every time I do my yellow writing biz I think of Fartsy.
Quote from: FartLips on April 07, 2013, 12:18:15 AM
Fuck yellow writing.
I can't get past the queen cover. Because its so badass! :P
My brother who is a semi-melvins fan said they really tore up this song, all in a good way! Still abstaining but my bro's review got me very curious.
Quote from: )))((( on April 03, 2013, 05:19:28 AM
Melvins - Station To Station (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pabmB-2SFsA#)
:shock:
who is singing here? doesn't seem Buzz
Jim Thirlwell aka Foetus
Quote from: anaconda on April 07, 2013, 11:47:11 AM
Jim Thirlwell aka Foetus
thanks. the Queen cover is ok,this too. so far my favourite cover is Venom's
Quote from: black stallion on April 07, 2013, 11:41:24 AM
Quote from: )))((( on April 03, 2013, 05:19:28 AM
Melvins - Station To Station (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pabmB-2SFsA#)
:shock:
who is singing here? doesn't seem Buzz
Wow, that 4 min. intro is monstrous. Vocals sound great too. Melvins covers are usually better than the originals, but I'm not sure they'll beat the live '78 version on "Stage" w/ Belew melting faces. One of Adrian's finest moments, and indeed one of the best Bowie songs of all time.
David Bowie ~ Station To Station (Live, 1978) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEWgIzm7F2U#)
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 07, 2013, 12:28:23 PM
indeed one of the best Bowie songs of all time.
I don't know, i love the first half of the song but the second just doesn't quite work for me. A bit tacky sounding somehow which is really disappointing after the initial, driving momentum.
Great clip! for many reasons.
I've always heard a banjo or fiddle on the original, so it's cool
to see Jean Michel Jarre playing fiddle there.
I also like seeing Tony Visconti on the keyboards, that's rare for
him to play live as he's mostly known as a producer.
That live clip is from Tokyo. The "Stage" double-album is from the same tour, Dallas I believe. STS sounds a lot better on the album than that clip. That live disc is amazing. A must have, especially if you're a fan of the Berlin trilogy.
There's some funny history as to how Belew joined Bowie's band. In Germany, early '78, Bowie & Iggy Pop were present at FZ's concert, watching from the side of stage. When Frank took one of his epic "Torture" solos, and Belew went behind for a break, that's when Bowie coerced him into joining his group. The rest was history.
Quote from: anaconda on April 07, 2013, 01:52:43 PM
Great clip! for many reasons.
I've always heard a banjo or fiddle on the original, so it's cool
to see Jean Michel Jarre playing fiddle there.
I also like seeing Tony Visconti on the keyboards, that's rare for
him to play live as he's mostly known as a producer.
I love Jean Michel Jarre! :D
Anyone notice how eerily similar the cover song "Romance" sounds to the song "Mr. Ripoff"? Coincidence? Or not?
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 07, 2013, 03:23:21 PM
That live clip is from Tokyo. The "Stage" double-album is from the same tour, Dallas I believe. STS sounds a lot better on the album than that clip. That live disc is amazing. A must have, especially if you're a fan of the Berlin trilogy.
There's some funny history as to how Belew joined Bowie's band. In Germany, early '78, Bowie & Iggy Pop were present at FZ's concert, watching from the side of stage. When Frank took one of his epic "Torture" solos, and Belew went behind for a break, that's when Bowie coerced him into joining his group. The rest was history.
Thanks for the info on "Stage" -I actually have not heard it, but will get it immediately.. Sounds right up my alley.
Quote from: Leroy on April 08, 2013, 07:46:47 AM
Anyone notice how eerily similar the cover song "Romance" sounds to the song "Mr. Ripoff"? Coincidence? Or not?
I was thinking the exact same thing
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 07, 2013, 12:28:23 PM
Quote from: black stallion on April 07, 2013, 11:41:24 AM
Quote from: )))((( on April 03, 2013, 05:19:28 AM
Melvins - Station To Station (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pabmB-2SFsA#)
:shock:
who is singing here? doesn't seem Buzz
Wow, that 4 min. intro is monstrous. Vocals sound great too. Melvins covers are usually better than the originals, but I'm not sure they'll beat the live '78 version on "Stage" w/ Belew melting faces. One of Adrian's finest moments, and indeed one of the best Bowie songs of all time.
David Bowie ~ Station To Station (Live, 1978) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEWgIzm7F2U#)
I find it very helpful to
not compare the
Melvins version. No matter my love for everything
Melvins, to be a teenager in the 70s was a wonderful thing!! Bowie is the master of his domain. There will never be another like him. I have seen him many times and am a huge fan. I have to appreciate the
Melvins version for it's own sake. I am not in the camp that
everything they cover is better than the original. How could it be?? You have to have been there to experience the original, or it's just kind of meaningless. It's a wonderful little tribute is all. Very few performers can really "own" someone else's work. Bowie himself is one, however. He's a
method actor/singer/songwriter/musician. He knows how to take something
make it his. He's the great magpie!! You have to take into consideration his background in mime and theatre. He's also the most amazing chameleon. Has anyone here heard his new LP?? It's his first after 10 years. Vive
The Next Day!!
He (Bowie) also has the unique ability to assemble all the right players to make himself shine!! Stealing Belew like that was a bit wicked, don'tcha think??!! We're sooooo glad he did!!
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 08, 2013, 09:38:16 PM
I find it very helpful to not compare the Melvins version ... I have to appreciate the Melvins version for it's own sake. I am not in the camp that everything they cover is better than the original. How could it be?? You have to have been there to experience the original, or it's just kind of meaningless. It's a wonderful little tribute is all. Very few performers can really "own" someone else's work.
True ... though I think Melvins have done a pretty good job at "owning" some of the covers they've adopted over the years. The Coop tunes, or Sacrifice spring to mind ... and they certainly give the Thin White Duke his due here ... that being said I do miss the silky elegance of the second half from Bowie's original ... Melvins take doesn't nail that disco cocaine satin vibe with quite the same vogue.
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 08, 2013, 09:48:47 PM
He (Bowie) also has the unique ability to assemble all the right players to make himself shine!! Stealing Belew like that was a bit wicked, don'tcha think??!! We're sooooo glad he did!!
Most certainly. While Bowie is indeed the shit, surrounding himself with giants doesn't hurt ... and while Belew is a full on class A mutant; lets not forget Mr. Slick and the great Carlos Alomar ... who together birthed this classic's dementia and silky elegance respectively.
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 08, 2013, 09:38:16 PM
I am not in the camp that everything they cover is better than the original. How could it be?? You have to have been there to experience the original, or it's just kind of meaningless.
That's a great point there. I've never really thought of that before.
you think they will have this during the European tour?
Do you think Dale will attach some Eno inspired bat-spikes to the shoulders of his flying monkey costume for the tour?
I'd like to think so.....
Roxy Music - In Every Dream Home a Heartache [OGWT 1973] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G56DaSAeZfM#)
Buzz+Dale+Jello+Kevin .... an incredible display of sausage party-isms.
Quote from: JUDY on April 09, 2013, 05:03:29 PM
Do you think Dale will attach some Eno inspired bat-spikes to the shoulders of his flying monkey costume for the tour?
I'd like to think so.....
Roxy Music - In Every Dream Home a Heartache [OGWT 1973] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G56DaSAeZfM#)
Buzz+Dale+Jello+Kevin .... an incredible display of sausage party-isms.
Fucking Eno! What a badass! Dude drinks his own piss for health reasons! Badass!!!
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 09, 2013, 05:10:23 PM
Quote from: JUDY on April 09, 2013, 05:03:29 PM
Do you think Dale will attach some Eno inspired bat-spikes to the shoulders of his flying monkey costume for the tour?
I'd like to think so.....
Roxy Music - In Every Dream Home a Heartache [OGWT 1973] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G56DaSAeZfM#)
Buzz+Dale+Jello+Kevin .... an incredible display of sausage party-isms.
Fucking Eno! What a badass! Dude drinks his own piss for health reasons! Badass!!!
HERE CUM THE WARM JETS,
har har. No blinking allowed
hardy har har!!
did anyone else notice that they mis-titled their version as in 'every dreamhouse' instead of 'every dream home'?
Quote from: anaconda on April 09, 2013, 06:30:40 PM
did anyone else notice that they mis-titled their version as in 'every dreamhouse' instead of 'every dream home'?
What are you; a fucking Detective?
yes! Sherlock Cond'omes!
^ha!
"The important thing about lyrics is not exactly what they say, but that they lead you to believe they are saying something." - Brian Eno
Yeah well, I'm still pretty sure this one in particular is about fucking a blow-up doll O:)
Jelvins gonna make it weirder :evil:
This one and the Bowie cover is like, the dream boner of my life.
Quote from: anaconda on April 09, 2013, 09:41:51 PM
yes! Sherlock Cond'omes!
I was thinkin' Conda PI.
Like with a 'stache and silly adidas shorts.
Quote from: JUDY on April 09, 2013, 09:43:42 PM
This one and the Bowie cover is like, the dream boner of my life.
Dream boner? Is that something like a spirit animal? My spirit animal is the spider, pretty cool I suppose ... wish I had a dream boner though ... then I'd have two of 'em. A real one, a dream one. I'd be invincible. Even Conda PI and whoever pilots his 'copter couldn't take me down!
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 09, 2013, 10:12:17 PM
Quote from: JUDY on April 09, 2013, 09:43:42 PM
This one and the Bowie cover is like, the dream boner of my life.
Dream boner? Is that something like a spirit animal?
Haha! A dream boner is strictly metaphysical; a platonic holy sausage of some kind.
My spirit animal is a spiky hedgehog.
(http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/robotsindetroit/melvins_loraxxmas1_zps2de6b706.jpg)
here's another review
http://www.thesleepingshaman.com/reviews/album-reviews/m/melvins-everybody-loves-sausages-cd-lp-dd-2013/ (http://www.thesleepingshaman.com/reviews/album-reviews/m/melvins-everybody-loves-sausages-cd-lp-dd-2013/)
so far i only heard the venom and queen covers. can't wait for the full album to arrive...
Quote from: JUDY on April 09, 2013, 09:43:42 PM
^ha!
"The important thing about lyrics is not exactly what they say, but that they lead you to believe they are saying something." - Brian Eno
Yeah well, I'm still pretty sure this one in particular is about fucking a blow-up doll O:)
Jelvins gonna make it weirder :evil:
This one and the Bowie cover is like, the dream boner of my life.
ENO is my ELVIS!!
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 08, 2013, 11:30:44 PM
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 08, 2013, 09:38:16 PM
I find it very helpful to not compare the Melvins version ... I have to appreciate the Melvins version for it's own sake. I am not in the camp that everything they cover is better than the original. How could it be?? You have to have been there to experience the original, or it's just kind of meaningless. It's a wonderful little tribute is all. Very few performers can really "own" someone else's work.
True ... though I think Melvins have done a pretty good job at "owning" some of the covers they've adopted over the years. The Coop tunes, or Sacrifice spring to mind ... and they certainly give the Thin White Duke his due here ... that being said I do miss the silky elegance of the second half from Bowie's original ... Melvins take doesn't nail that disco cocaine satin vibe with quite the same vogue.
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 08, 2013, 09:48:47 PM
He (Bowie) also has the unique ability to assemble all the right players to make himself shine!! Stealing Belew like that was a bit wicked, don'tcha think??!! We're sooooo glad he did!!
Most certainly. While Bowie is indeed the shit, surrounding himself with giants doesn't hurt ... and while Belew is a full on class A mutant; lets not forget Mr. Slick and the great Carlos Alomar ... who together birthed this classic's dementia and silky elegance respectively.
I can only assume that you have never seen
Alice Cooper (especially the original Alice Cooper
Band??!! My Gawd!! They were phenomenal!!! Check out Neil Smith on drums... I seriously doubt that The Melvins, themselves would ever compare themselves to these Rawk Giants!! Please give their old records a spin. I don't believe Melvins were even trying to copy the originals. Just present their
tribute...
Please don't get me started on Roxy Music! Especially Brian Eno...
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 13, 2013, 04:30:37 PM
I can only assume that you have never seen Alice Cooper (especially the original Alice Cooper Band??!! My Gawd!! They were phenomenal!!! Check out Neil Smith on drums... I seriously doubt that The Melvins, themselves would ever compare themselves to these Rawk Giants!! Please give their old records a spin. I don't believe Melvins were even trying to copy the originals. Just present their tribute...
What would give you this idea? It couldn't be more off base ... I am a HUGE fan of the original Cooper band. Never got the chance to see 'em. I was born the year
Killer dropped. But I was raised on those early records. My parents were big fans. They have a photo of me ... I'm about 3 with huge old 70's headphones on ... it's probably Alice Cooper Band (or The Mothers) I'm groovin' to. My dad saw many of the early Detroit era shows and shit and has told me many stories of the even then awesomely inventive stage shows the band threw down. In fact their copy of
Killer has my birth circled on the included calender. Yeah, those early records man ...
Love It To Death &
Killer especially are as a part of my childhood as any cartoon, toy, or nightmare ... and still resonate today just as strong. I've spun those records literally thousands
and thousands of times over.
I remember when Lysol dropped and ...
Ballad of Dwight Fry?!!! Man, that was so cool. Melvins were my favorite band even then and to find out they dug the 'Coop?!! And paid it in full ... Awesome!
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 13, 2013, 04:34:06 PM
Please don't get me started on Roxy Music! Especially Brian Eno...
And yeah Roxy was another big one round the house ... saw 'em live when I was five.
Quote from: )))((( on April 13, 2013, 04:45:25 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 09, 2013, 05:10:23 PM
Dude drinks his own piss for health reasons!
Apparently you need to filter it first somehow. Take out the toxins or something.
you've come by this invaluable life lesson how? via Google? Or perhaps a stomach ache ... or something?
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 13, 2013, 06:09:09 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 13, 2013, 04:45:25 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 09, 2013, 05:10:23 PM
Dude drinks his own piss for health reasons!
Apparently you need to filter it first somehow. Take out the toxins or something.
you've come by this invaluable life lesson how? via Google? Or perhaps a stomach ache ... or something?
Apparently if you spend any time in Australia it comes up.
Quote from: (PAUL) on April 13, 2013, 06:34:31 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 13, 2013, 06:09:09 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 13, 2013, 04:45:25 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 09, 2013, 05:10:23 PM
Dude drinks his own piss for health reasons!
Apparently you need to filter it first somehow. Take out the toxins or something.
you've come by this invaluable life lesson how? via Google? Or perhaps a stomach ache ... or something?
Apparently if you spend any time in Australia it comes up.
What you talkin' 'bout Willis? I lived in Australia for a time. I can't remember it coming up, much less going down.
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 13, 2013, 08:16:23 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on April 13, 2013, 06:34:31 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 13, 2013, 06:09:09 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 13, 2013, 04:45:25 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 09, 2013, 05:10:23 PM
Dude drinks his own piss for health reasons!
Apparently you need to filter it first somehow. Take out the toxins or something.
you've come by this invaluable life lesson how? via Google? Or perhaps a stomach ache ... or something?
Apparently if you spend any time in Australia it comes up.
What you talkin' 'bout Willis? I lived in Australia for a time. I can't remember it coming up, much less going down.
Maybe I've been reading too much Bill Bryson but he had a book about Australia and people wandering the middle part of the country/continent and drinking their pee to try and survive.
Anyways, anyone hear the cover of Romance yet? If not here it is: http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/blog--exclusive-track-premiere-the-melvins-romance (http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/blog--exclusive-track-premiere-the-melvins-romance)
And here's some more reviews:
http://www.craveonline.com/music/reviews/476631-album-review-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages (http://www.craveonline.com/music/reviews/476631-album-review-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages)
http://puregrainaudio.com/reviews/the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages (http://puregrainaudio.com/reviews/the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages)
http://www.pinpointmusic.com/the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://www.pinpointmusic.com/the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Quote from: (PAUL) on April 13, 2013, 08:22:11 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 13, 2013, 08:16:23 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on April 13, 2013, 06:34:31 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 13, 2013, 06:09:09 PM
Quote from: )))((( on April 13, 2013, 04:45:25 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 09, 2013, 05:10:23 PM
Dude drinks his own piss for health reasons!
Apparently you need to filter it first somehow. Take out the toxins or something.
you've come by this invaluable life lesson how? via Google? Or perhaps a stomach ache ... or something?
Apparently if you spend any time in Australia it comes up.
What you talkin' 'bout Willis? I lived in Australia for a time. I can't remember it coming up, much less going down.
Maybe I've been reading too much Bill Bryson but he had a book about Australia and people wandering the middle part of the country/continent and drinking their pee to try and survive.
In A Sunburned Land ... yeah, I've read that. Don't recall the pee pee tea story ... but that's pretty standard desert last ditch shit ... no matter what sand your lost in.
A sneak peek...
[attachment deleted by admin]
Are those gonna be out before they're done with the Sugar Daddy 12"s?
oh wow those are beautiful!!! and who doesn't love clowns. now that they're all grown up anyway
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 15, 2013, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on April 13, 2013, 10:07:03 PM
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 13, 2013, 09:29:36 PM
A sneak peek...
Oh fuck!!!
where did you find these?
It's from facebook. The next question: WHICH FACEBOOK page??
Got me, checked Haze, Amrep, Melvins, Walsby and Mackie. Cover art is awesome as usual...good point though Paul. I hope they bust out the last 5 Sugar Daddy 12s first...ahh the never ending saga of the Sugar Daddys! :lol:
The next Sugar Daddy is supposed to appear in a few weeks.
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 16, 2013, 11:20:53 AM
The next Sugar Daddy is supposed to appear in a few weeks.
Napalm Death!!!!
I forgot all about the Sugar Daddy Vinyls.
I really like how the prints smoosh the red and black together on one plane...
However, I am not very fond of clowns :(
Quote from: glen on April 16, 2013, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on April 16, 2013, 02:32:40 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 16, 2013, 11:20:53 AM
The next Sugar Daddy is supposed to appear in a few weeks.
Napalm Death!!!!
bingo
bango
Quote from: JUDY on April 18, 2013, 03:44:29 PM
I really like how the prints smoosh the red and black together on one plane...
However, I am not very fond of clowns :(
Quote from: glen on April 16, 2013, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on April 16, 2013, 02:32:40 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 16, 2013, 11:20:53 AM
The next Sugar Daddy is supposed to appear in a few weeks.
Napalm Death!!!!
bingo
bango
bongo?
Quote from: (the) rictus on April 18, 2013, 06:01:28 PM
Quote from: JUDY on April 18, 2013, 03:44:29 PM
I really like how the prints smoosh the red and black together on one plane...
However, I am not very fond of clowns :(
Quote from: glen on April 16, 2013, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on April 16, 2013, 02:32:40 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 16, 2013, 11:20:53 AM
The next Sugar Daddy is supposed to appear in a few weeks.
Napalm Death!!!!
bingo
bango
bongo?
Well played, guys. =D>
Napalm Death are a charming bunch of lads!
:twisted:
A napalm death would have to be one of the worst ways to go.
As would death by melvin. :x
http://www.spin.com/articles/melvins-covers-album-stream-everybody-loves-sausages-buzzo/ (http://www.spin.com/articles/melvins-covers-album-stream-everybody-loves-sausages-buzzo/)
You're not forced to listen to it right now, you always have the chance to wait for it but you know the truth... sooner or alter someone was going to post it here.
The album is phenomenal.
Here's my review:
http://www.punknews.org/review/11953/the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages (http://www.punknews.org/review/11953/the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages)
just preordered. i'm gonna wait for this one
got my CD in the mail today. now station to station. ...so far so good! :D
Quote from: buddy holiday on April 26, 2013, 11:25:01 AM
got my CD in the mail today. now station to station. ...so far so good! :D
review copy or what?
damn, i'm waiting too
This is good, but I'd rather just hear Buzz sing every one of these songs instead of all of the guest singers.
Quote from: violent office on April 26, 2013, 05:44:26 PM
This is good, but I'd rather just hear Buzz sing every one of these songs instead of all of the guest singers.
YES
Quote from: violent office on April 26, 2013, 05:44:26 PM
This is good, but I'd rather just hear Buzz sing every one of these songs instead of all of the guest singers.
If they play some of these live your wish just might come true!
Get Ready for Sausages.
haven't heard/ordered this thing yet :o
Quote from: black stallion on April 27, 2013, 05:56:58 AM
haven't heard/ordered this thing yet :o
Same. What's wrong with us??? :)
i am only at my 2nd listen now. but i have to take back what i said earlier; that i miss buzz singing. i think it works excellent with the guest singers.
the whole thing is 55min of pure fun to listen to.
bowie is my favourite, queen comes second. caleb is singing it fantastically i think.
but really all songs are better than what i expected...
..now bring on the vinyl singles!
It's great fun! Biafra is fabulous! I hope one day to hear William Shatner cover the vocals on Dream Home on the vinyl version.......
I think it's....
...well i won't say. 8-[
I haven't listened to it yet. Gonna pick it up on Tuesday when it comes out
Having heard this loads now, I'd love a whole album of Melvins with Mark Arm singing. Goes great together.
Also: did DOA ever cover Attitude? The whole thing has a DOA vibe to it, even the singing sounds like Joey Keithley.
To clarify, there's nothing wrong with these guest singers. They all do a fine job, but I'd rather just hear the Melvins take care of business by themselves.
Quote from: violent office on April 28, 2013, 05:54:21 PM
To clarify, there's nothing wrong with these guest singers. They all do a fine job, but I'd rather just hear the Melvins take care of business by themselves.
a true MELVINS purist. =D>
Quote from: violent office on April 28, 2013, 05:54:21 PM
To clarify, there's nothing wrong with these guest singers. They all do a fine job, but I'd rather just hear the Melvins take care of business by themselves.
I completely agree. I guess the band use different singers or guests to keep it interesting for themselves tho.
Quote from: pinkyslim on April 28, 2013, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: violent office on April 28, 2013, 05:54:21 PM
To clarify, there's nothing wrong with these guest singers. They all do a fine job, but I'd rather just hear the Melvins take care of business by themselves.
a true MELVINS purist. =D>
do you agree pinky? confess!
Quote from: black stallion on April 29, 2013, 12:25:59 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on April 28, 2013, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: violent office on April 28, 2013, 05:54:21 PM
To clarify, there's nothing wrong with these guest singers. They all do a fine job, but I'd rather just hear the Melvins take care of business by themselves.
a true MELVINS purist. =D>
do you agree pinky? confess!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdDPjorVTUQ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdDPjorVTUQ)
Got it in the mail today from Best Buy. About to throw it on. I see the QC at Ipecac is slipping, back cover has "Roxie" Music printed. :facepalm: Will that make the first printings limited edition? :lol:
FUCK :o This is the shit! First time hearing the Queen cover on CD. Love it. The keyboards are so great! STS is the best track indeed. Only gripe is they should have included the "Mr. DNA" cover.
oh yes, this album is killer!!!!!
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 29, 2013, 04:10:08 PM
Only gripe is they should have included the "Mr. DNA" cover.
YES!
'Pinhead' and 'Bacon Industry' too. Perhaps even 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand'. I would have included those four and knocked off Best Friend, Black Betty, Timothy Leary Lives and Art School.
yeah, I could do without Black Betty myself.
just came in the mail, popping it in now.
hey my CD cover was printed backwards!!! wtf?!?!
kidding! but seriously.
is anyone else happy that melvins still use regular jewel cases for their CD releases for the most part? fucking hate digipaks.
don't mind either way. most important thing is the music itself that's on the cd. they could even release it in a cheap-o slimline jewel case and I'd still be happy.
I get excited for new Melvins releases but nothing has justified it since H.A.T for me. This release is no different. I mean after hearing the Queen and Bowie covers I was excited...but after hearing the rest of it nothing really stood out. I have only heard it once though and it was online. Obviously I'll be buying the CD regardless due to the greatness of the name.
Just bought a copy on a break from work.
Can't wait to listen to it on the drive home \:D/
Picked the CD up after work today \:D/
Just looked through the booklet- Here's what I have to say:
-The "make it a cheeseburger" artwork is in there. :lol:
-"It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black"-Charlie Brown :lol:
-That dachshund sure is cute! :D
-nice brief liner notes for each song. "It was great to play with Kevin again!" 8)
-I love the pink/salmon color
I think I'll give the album an actual listen now. :P
the liner notes were pretty cool for this one. I enjoyed going through them while listening.
so anyone have any guesses on what tunes off of this album that they might play on the upcoming tour, if any?
im guessing the won't play Station to Station (man, Melvins covering Bowie is so cool).
im thinking they might play Attitude, since its the current lineup playing that song anyways, and its pretty straightforward.
I was actually kinda surprised that Trevor sang lead vocals in a song....I think that's the first song he ever sang lead on!
Here is the video i filmed and directed for Attitude. Enjoy.
Melvins "Attitude" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Q9dZTbQtg#ws)
i was kinda worried i wasn't gonna like this album, but it came in this morning (thanks early morning UPS driver!) and i goddamn love it. i'd only listened to "best friend" and "female trouble" before now ... "station to station" fucking kills. so does "set it on fire" .. love mark's vocals. hell, it's all fucking good. hail melvins.
one weird thing about my CD, and it's kinda hard to describe without a photo, but when i took it out of the shrinkwrap, i noticed that the spines on the CD tray art were messed up and folded wrong. like, the spine part was folded up next to the CD itself, around the back of the tray. this probably makes no sense, but it was weird.
mistake number 1: not preordering with the idea I would pick it up at the local record store
mistake number 2: walking into the local record store expecting to find it on the shelf
mistake number 3: driving across town to the other record store expecting to find it on the shelf there
so now it's wednesday may 1 and guess who does not have this album yet. I'll give you a clue: it's the same guy who is going to now have to wait a motherfucking week to get it delivered when he finally orders it online like he should have done in the first place.
ever had one of those days?
Quote from: cantona on May 01, 2013, 08:45:04 AM
Here is the video i filmed and directed for Attitude. Enjoy.
Looks good- Thanks for posting!
:love:
Quote from: glen on May 01, 2013, 11:15:03 AM
mistake number 1: not preordering with the idea I would pick it up at the local record store
mistake number 2: walking into the local record store expecting to find it on the shelf
mistake number 3: driving across town to the other record store expecting to find it on the shelf there
so now it's wednesday may 1 and guess who does not have this album yet. I'll give you a clue: it's the same guy who is going to now have to wait a motherfucking week to get it delivered when he finally orders it online like he should have done in the first place.
ever had one of those days?
mistake number 4: being gay.
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 01, 2013, 01:57:02 PM
Quote from: glen on May 01, 2013, 11:15:03 AM
mistake number 1: not preordering with the idea I would pick it up at the local record store
mistake number 2: walking into the local record store expecting to find it on the shelf
mistake number 3: driving across town to the other record store expecting to find it on the shelf there
so now it's wednesday may 1 and guess who does not have this album yet. I'll give you a clue: it's the same guy who is going to now have to wait a motherfucking week to get it delivered when he finally orders it online like he should have done in the first place.
ever had one of those days?
mistake number 4: being gay.
:lol:
where ya been
stinky pinky?
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 01, 2013, 01:57:02 PM
Quote from: glen on May 01, 2013, 11:15:03 AM
mistake number 1: not preordering with the idea I would pick it up at the local record store
mistake number 2: walking into the local record store expecting to find it on the shelf
mistake number 3: driving across town to the other record store expecting to find it on the shelf there
so now it's wednesday may 1 and guess who does not have this album yet. I'll give you a clue: it's the same guy who is going to now have to wait a motherfucking week to get it delivered when he finally orders it online like he should have done in the first place.
ever had one of those days?
mistake number 4: being gay.
I'm pretty sure glen meant to be gay.
Quote from: glen on May 01, 2013, 02:14:13 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 01, 2013, 01:57:02 PM
Quote from: glen on May 01, 2013, 11:15:03 AM
mistake number 1: not preordering with the idea I would pick it up at the local record store
mistake number 2: walking into the local record store expecting to find it on the shelf
mistake number 3: driving across town to the other record store expecting to find it on the shelf there
so now it's wednesday may 1 and guess who does not have this album yet. I'll give you a clue: it's the same guy who is going to now have to wait a motherfucking week to get it delivered when he finally orders it online like he should have done in the first place.
ever had one of those days?
mistake number 4: being gay.
:lol:
where ya been stinky pinky?
your Dad's house.
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 01, 2013, 02:26:50 PM
your Dad's house.
my father is passed on. but thanks for bringing him up.
damn, i miss when my local music stores used to actually stock melvins items without pre-ordering, or even more so when there actually WERE some fucking shops around still.
still waiting for this to arrive in the mail
I must admit it is pretty nice that I have two record stores to choose from within walking distance of my work that are likely to carry Melvins albums. It is easy to forget not everyone has that luxury.
Quote from: deatheats on May 01, 2013, 07:12:39 PM
I must admit it is pretty nice that I have two record stores to choose from within walking distance of my work that are likely to carry Melvins albums. It is easy to forget not everyone has that luxury.
Same boat here ... viva la good record shops!
Closest record store to me is 20 miles away. :shock: Stupid internet!!
In other news, they have it on hold for me and I'll be getting it tomorrow.
\:D/
PAR-TEE DOWN!!
Got it today at Vortex, used! 8 bucks!
The Jello song rules!
Quote from: anaconda on May 01, 2013, 09:00:46 PM
Got it today at Vortex, used! 8 bucks!
The Jello song rules!
Used? After one day? I'm going to guess someone bought it, took it home, ripped it, and returned it.
Might have been a review copy? I grabbed it and smiled!
Quote from: cantona on May 01, 2013, 08:45:04 AM
Here is the video i filmed and directed for Attitude. Enjoy.
Melvins "Attitude" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Q9dZTbQtg#ws)
thanks for posting it.
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 01, 2013, 01:57:02 PM
Quote from: glen on May 01, 2013, 11:15:03 AM
mistake number 1: not preordering with the idea I would pick it up at the local record store
mistake number 2: walking into the local record store expecting to find it on the shelf
mistake number 3: driving across town to the other record store expecting to find it on the shelf there
so now it's wednesday may 1 and guess who does not have this album yet. I'll give you a clue: it's the same guy who is going to now have to wait a motherfucking week to get it delivered when he finally orders it online like he should have done in the first place.
ever had one of those days?
mistake number 4: being gay.
what an ass :lol:
Quote from: glen on May 01, 2013, 11:15:03 AM
mistake number 1: not preordering with the idea I would pick it up at the local record store
mistake number 2: walking into the local record store expecting to find it on the shelf
mistake number 3: driving across town to the other record store expecting to find it on the shelf there
so now it's wednesday may 1 and guess who does not have this album yet. I'll give you a clue: it's the same guy who is going to now have to wait a motherfucking week to get it delivered when he finally orders it online like he should have done in the first place.
ever had one of those days?
i preordered from amazon and its thursday and its still not here. someone said they preordered with best buy and got it monday
I wasn't familiar with Pop-O-Pies, so having listened the White EP recently, I realized that that "make those donuts with extra grease, this batch is for the chief of police" hook is actually on Fascists Eat Donuts by Pop-O-Pies.
What's everyone's favourite songs from this one then?
'Romance' and 'Heathen Earth' for me!
Quote from: )))((( on May 02, 2013, 10:06:54 AM
What's everyone's favourite songs from this one then?
'Romance' and 'Heathen Earth' for me!
Yep ^
Romance is definitely a top track for me. Buzzo kills it on vokills. Maybe it's because I miss his singing on some of the other tracks- I just might get overly excited when I hear em when that comes on.
Ugh, ugh. Heathen Earth is such a sexy ending to an amazing tribute record. THAT is what I expect Melvins to sound like twenty years from now when every bass player in the world has deceased and Buzz and Dale go on on their own.
A fine record all in all - I think Dreamhouse is the show stealer- surprisingly more so than Station to Station -- -Jello and the gang just fricken owns it, man. Top notch, ace shit, motherfuckers!!!
Venom riffage is so tough
My Best Friend reminds me of a Ween track
ART SCHOOL is MY JAM (no pun intended)
Female Trouble is a HOOT
I LOVE SAUSAGES!
Tommorow Tommorow...Gonna Grab this Tommorow! :P
Mad Rad!
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.
Quote from: deatheats on May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.
For the most part, i actually agree with that review.
Quote from: )))((( on May 03, 2013, 05:17:33 PM
Quote from: deatheats on May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.
For the most part, i actually agree with that review. :oops:
You agree that Houdini came out in 1994?
i bet franks band sux.
Quote from: deatheats on May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.
wow, great review...
big words and occasionally weak grammar. obviously contrived writing style. embarrassing.
I need to give this record some more listens, but I think my least favorite track is Art School.
In Every Dream Home A Heartache, Carpe Diem, Heathen Earth, Best Friend, Warhead, Black Betty, and Station To Station are stand out tracks. I really like Set It On Fire and Romance too, and Female Trouble has really grown on me. I guess for me the three tracks at the bottom would be Timothy Leary Lives, Attitude, and Art School.
Quote from: )))((( on May 01, 2013, 04:52:36 AM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on April 30, 2013, 09:06:05 PM
I think I'll give the album an actual listen now. :P
You're as bad as me! I get as excited just looking at the art/liner notes as i do actually listening.
Yeah, exactly! Yet you still throw the CD booklets away? :facepalm:
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on May 04, 2013, 12:17:41 PM
Quote from: )))((( on May 01, 2013, 04:52:36 AM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on April 30, 2013, 09:06:05 PM
I think I'll give the album an actual listen now. :P
You're as bad as me! I get as excited just looking at the art/liner notes as i do actually listening.
Yeah, exactly! Yet you still throw the CD booklets away? :facepalm:
:lol:
there are some real jewels on this devil worship bonanza .
highlights for me, you ask?
Heathen Earth
In Every Dream Home a Heartache
These Melvins always struck me as barbarian warriors. Dale and Buzz always did anyhow. Like barbarians who invade some foreign shore and impregnate the women of that land so that the bloodline is forever altered and so that the bastards who are birthed carry the goat master rodeo rapscallion satan in their veins.
I love the melvins. i think they have the campaign of movement. they are alway swimming like sharks. they do not stop and the buffalo
but I don't like sausages on account of my hemorrhoids. i DO like melvins.
Quote from: BobFuck on May 04, 2013, 09:00:50 PM
there are some real jewels on this devil worship bonanza .
highlights for me, you ask?
Heathen Earth
In Every Dream Home a Heartache
yes... YES!!
YES!!!!!!put Station to Station and Set It On Fire somewhere in there and you just took a banana down pleasure avenue.
In Every Dream Home is goosebumps galore.
wonder if you guys are telling the truth,i'll listen to this soon :nerd:
Quote from: black stallion on May 06, 2013, 01:17:20 PM
wonder if you guys are telling the truth,i'll listen to this soon :nerd:
all truths my friend. get ready. it's better than you think it's going to be.
One of my co-workers today mentioned that she had saved some homemade sausages in her fridge that she was going to cook for dinner. She said she wasn't sure if I liked sausages. And I, being a slowpoke rodriguez, missed the only opportunity I'll have in this lifetime to exclaim "Everybody loves sausages!"
Cool story, bro.
Slow Poke Rodríguez cantando "La Cucaracha". (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpGNocUEezo#)
I really like the album, I only wish I could have heard every song for the first time all at once. Stand out tracks for me were Station To Station and My Best Friend. Caleb does a great job on vocals, such a cool line up on that one. Glen, you are spot on by describing the Jello track as Goosebumps! It's also cool to hear Trevor sing on Timothy Leary Lives.
Quote from: Dan_Halen on May 06, 2013, 09:36:52 PM
I really like the album, I only wish I could have heard every song for the first time all at once.
Then it would just sound like
Colossus of Destiny.
I love this album!!! I only wish Heathen Earth started the album, would have been a great opener. I love Dream home , Station and Romance a lot, oh and Set It On Fire is killer, Mark Arm and the Melvins!!! :D
Quote from: dead mike on May 06, 2013, 09:49:44 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on May 06, 2013, 09:36:52 PM
I really like the album, I only wish I could have heard every song for the first time all at once.
Then it would just sound like Colossus of Destiny.
Shit Storm perhaps? err... no, I got it. All At Once.
Quote from: )))((( on May 03, 2013, 05:17:33 PM
Quote from: deatheats on May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.
For the most part, i actually agree with that review. :oops:
Yep me too.....but that post was removed? I have only heard the songs on youtube and not as a whole from start to finish mind you.....I will do that once I pick a copy up from the shows in London and hopefully my view will be different.
This album far exceeded my expectations for sure! It plays out almost like the world's coolest, strangest mixtape not to mention there really isn't a bad cover or overall bad performance on this thing. Black Betty feels rushed but still has it's catchy flair (The drums leading into the fast verses pull me in). Lot of good punk here!
Favorites:
- Set It On Fire
- Female Trouble
- Carpe Diem
- In Every Dream Home a Heartache
- Timothy Leary Lives
- Romance
FACT: The Melvins are the greatest cover band of all time.
Quote from: Helen83 on May 07, 2013, 09:25:32 AM
Quote from: )))((( on May 03, 2013, 05:17:33 PM
Quote from: deatheats on May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.
For the most part, i actually agree with that review. :oops:
Yep me too.....but that post was removed?
your post removed?
Quote from: )))((( on May 03, 2013, 05:17:33 PM
Quote from: deatheats on May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.
For the most part, i actually agree with that review. :oops:
same here.
Quote from: deatheats on May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/ (http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/)
Frank is a cock block
I love reviews like that. they keep the ignorant masses away.
let's not talk about the financial implications. 8-[
i really like the jello song. thought he was saying "earl loves comics, read those comics" at the end. i was way off. the rest is good too, solid album. that review is a bad review of itself.
Yet to find this in a Local CD store.
It's in my cart at Amazon. Probably order it in a week or two.
Quote from: Dumpster D on May 09, 2013, 04:49:22 PM
Yet to find this in a Local CD store.
I guess I take for granted there is a Newbury Comics 10 mins away from me. They had tons of copies, of course Melvins was the only new release not on sale...havent spent $16.99 on a new CD in a while but hey....it's the fucking Melvins!!!
Finally had a chance to grab this ... sounds so much better through a real sound system (as opposed to the youtube/shitty computer speaker fidelity I had thus forth previewed).
After a couple listens, first impressions? A solid and nice mixed bag of sweets.
Some I could do without. Well maybe just Black Betty. Melvins or whoever, I just don't dig this song (Cave's Pricks rendition being an exception). Regardless the version, it just invokes shuddering and unsightly images of bad roadhouse/sports bar deep fried middle aged softball league celebrations.
But yeah, overall solid, solid, solid ... with some real gems. Station To Station, excellent take off ... upon first previews I missed the disco silky cocaine vogue of the second half ... not so much any more ... I can always pull out Bowie's if I wanna here that ... love Thirlwell's vocals ... really nails it. Hot Stuff!
In Every Dream Home is pure GOLD! They really swing this one and really nail the creepy, sickly ooze of the original. Biafra's cartoonish warble fits perfectly, love the eerie reverbed and buried back ups from Buzz, the noisey psychedelic outro, RUTMANIS!! It's all there. Perfect!
Carpe Diem still prefer the Fugs version ... but the Melvins take ain't too far off. Nice that they stretched and interpreted it some. Pretty close but not necessarily by the numbers or in the lines. Still think they should whip out some more Fugs rips ... Ah! Sunflower, Super Girl, How Sweet I Roamed, Saran Wrap, House Of The Devil, Frenzy!, Dirty Old Man ... shit all of the first three albums!
Female Trouble is Perfect! As is Heathen Earth.
Set It On Fire, love it ... was first exposed to The Scientists whilst living in Oz ... excellent band ... excellent cover. Love the squawky guitar work Buzz throws down! Of course they could've just hit on Radio Birdman like everyone else does. But they didn't and I love 'em for it. Now all they gotta do is whip out a Tism cover or two!
Art School, not a big Jam fan and relatively unfamiliar with their output. Though the whole pop punk thing isn't really my vibe; I dig this (never heard the original though). Love the duet vibe of Haze and Buzz on the vocals ... works really well and snotty.
Yeah, all in all a pretty great record ... can't wait to see what they're padding out the wax versions with!
"Black Betty" shouldn't be on this album because it's not actually new.
"Station to Station" and "In Every Home" are the best.
The rest I could take or leave.
C+
Female Trouble and carpe diem are the absolute best! I need to listen to the fugs and love the swingy bass feel on female. Oh and set it on fire! Mark Arm should be the 5th member. Every home is super creepy with the perfect vocalist to cover it. Attitude works well.
I'm diggin' it as a whole.
It could have used Mr. DNA. :(
Quote from: dead mike on May 11, 2013, 04:45:57 PM
"Black Betty" shouldn't be on this album because it's not actually new.
If the Melvins were your band you could make those decisions. yeah?
Quote from: sadcorps on May 12, 2013, 02:01:09 PM
Quote from: dead mike on May 11, 2013, 04:45:57 PM
"Black Betty" shouldn't be on this album because it's not actually new.
If the Melvins were your band you could make those decisions. yeah?
You realize that a melvins fan can have an opinion different than yours, yeah?
I think It belongs on the Album, It was only Released as a Limited 7 inch, not all of us are blessed with owning a copy of that vinyl...reminds me, what was the B-side of the Black betty Seven..Was it a split, Jesus I dont even know how they keep up to all their releases, maybe THATS why it got put on the Sausages CD, either way who cares, its a Killer track.
it belongs.
Quote from: Dumpster D on May 12, 2013, 07:05:30 PM
I think It belongs on the Album, It was only Released as a Limited 7 inch, not all of us are blessed with owning a copy of that vinyl...reminds me, what was the B-side of the Black betty Seven..Was it a split, Jesus I dont even know how they keep up to all their releases, maybe THATS why it got put on the Sausages CD, either way who cares, its a Killer track.
it belongs.
It was John Spencer Blues Explosion doing doing Black Betty as well on the flip. Also, I agree with it belonging on the album. Female Trouble and Carpe Diem were both released on a 12" as well prior to Sausages. I think it's nice for the folks who don't collect the vinyl.
Dont--or Cant :lol:
Since people buy up all the stock and inflate-a-flip it on ebay before the Pressing is even cooled off.
The more I listen to this album the more it really makes sense and really feels like it needs to be done. The Melvins always do good, interesting covers and this is no exception, start to finish.
Big fan of Carpe Diem, love it. Best Friend and a few others are great first time round.
Buzz's guitar sounds like its stuck on the bridge pickup though a pocket amp though.
Quote from: (the) Razor on May 13, 2013, 04:48:33 AM
Buzz's guitar sounds like its stuck on the bridge pickup though a pocket amp though.
I only really notice that on Attitude.
Quote from: (the) Razor on May 13, 2013, 04:48:33 AM
Big fan of Carpe Diem, love it...
Apparently the folks at the LA Times agree with you.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-essential-track-the-fugs-carpe-diem-cover-the-melvins-20130510,0,1895162.story (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-essential-track-the-fugs-carpe-diem-cover-the-melvins-20130510,0,1895162.story)
Finally picked this up a few days ago...had only heard a few snippets prior.
I have to admit its pretty damn good....only one i find weak is Timothy Leary Lives...
Station to Station and the Roxy cover are fucking genius.
looking forward to the 30th anniversary tour.
Quote from: TheSwingSet on May 14, 2013, 03:48:51 PM
only one i find weak is Timothy Leary Lives...
it's... fun. and I totally get the hommage. but MELVINS are capable of so much more than simplistic punk.
if I had but one complaint it would be the simplicity of a couple of the tracks. MELVINS make a deep, rich, god-awful noise.
80's punk is 3 chord and somewhat... what's the word... happy?
someone else said it best though when they stated (loosely quoted): nobody covers a song like MELVINS cover a song. so there is a value added. I'm still listening hard and heavy.
I must admit amazon is really fast with the international orders since they're working now with DHL in the standard international shipping option. My copy arrived yesterday (less than a week).
I think the whole album is awesome. They always do great cover songs no matter how weird or silly they are.
I really like Warhead, but Station to Station is definitely the highlight for me.
(http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/robotsindetroit/image_zpsb10908a6.jpg) (http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/robotsindetroit/media/image_zpsb10908a6.jpg.html)
Quote from: Buckwheat on May 12, 2013, 05:07:14 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on May 12, 2013, 02:01:09 PM
Quote from: dead mike on May 11, 2013, 04:45:57 PM
"Black Betty" shouldn't be on this album because it's not actually new.
If the Melvins were your band you could make those decisions. yeah?
You realize that a melvins fan can have an opinion different than yours, yeah?
Of course dumbass. What I am saying is that the decision is not yours but the MELVINS. Maybe YOU can start your OWN band and make those decisions.
Bought this today...Finally, for the reasonable price of 14.99 actually. I was paying MORE THAN double that for Albums like the Crybaby etc..back in the day, so thats a welcome change, CD stores must be real real desperate...thank god for the melvins in that sense for keeping music alive in one way or the other. I mean its thoughtful of them, for guys like me who cant afford the Pricier Limited stuff they produce, its great to have the best of both worlds.
as for the record itself;
great collection of Music, its as Diverse soundwise as it is in style.
they could have made Heathen Earth the length of the whole Album and I would have been pretty satisfied! I Really Love That Gristleizer Bias Sweep!!! In my oppinion the melvins could do justice to a whole exlusive Album of Pure TG covers and it would be insane. Actually they could do an entire albums worth for every cover on this and it would be worth the effort. mmm.
Melvenom. 8)
Its a bit of departure from what people expect and I think that is a key point of interest for me, and that clears the air a bit in a sense, for something up and coming.
Im enjoying it a lot, and very happy of course and proud of them as always.
Really good work, god knows how I feel about this peice of plastic in my hands right now.
So I've been able to give this a couple of spins now and apart from a few tunes I think it's pretty damn cool. For me The Fugs tune is where it's at.
Warhead would've been cool too if it had a different vocalist.....I can't stand that type of vocal.....no offence to Kelly.....BUT........I just can't stand that type of vocal......it's the reason Shrinebuilder didn't kick as much ass as it could've for me.
Quote from: Helen83 on May 27, 2013, 03:39:36 PM
Warhead would've been cool too if it had a different vocalist.....I can't stand that type of vocal.....no offence to Kelly.....BUT........I just can't stand that type of vocal......it's the reason Shrinebuilder didn't kick as much ass as it could've for me.
good point Juanita
Quote from: black stallion on May 28, 2013, 06:05:15 AM
Quote from: Helen83 on May 27, 2013, 03:39:36 PM
Warhead would've been cool too if it had a different vocalist.....I can't stand that type of vocal.....no offence to Kelly.....BUT........I just can't stand that type of vocal......it's the reason Shrinebuilder didn't kick as much ass as it could've for me.
good point Juanita
But Wino kicks ass there, again.
Quote from: Godflesh on May 28, 2013, 06:33:41 AM
Quote from: black stallion on May 28, 2013, 06:05:15 AM
Quote from: Helen83 on May 27, 2013, 03:39:36 PM
Warhead would've been cool too if it had a different vocalist.....I can't stand that type of vocal.....no offence to Kelly.....BUT........I just can't stand that type of vocal......it's the reason Shrinebuilder didn't kick as much ass as it could've for me.
good point Juanita
But Wino kicks ass there, again.
true. btw,melvins cover album is pretty good imo
Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 15, 2013, 04:06:01 PM
I must admit amazon is really fast with the international orders since they're working now with DHL in the standard international shipping option. My copy arrived yesterday (less than a week).
That's fun because I pre-ordered it in April and I'm still waiting for it. Don't know if I have to buy it somewhere else or to wait for it...
(http://thesickos.free.fr/sausages+dog.jpg)
That "Attitude" tune kicks major ass too. :cheers:
Quote from: Helen83 on May 28, 2013, 12:36:27 PM
That "Attitude" tune kicks major ass too. :cheers:
yup,i really love the Queen cover and that song with Trevor on vocals
any fan of the Roxy Music cover with Biafra on vocals?
Quote from: black stallion on June 09, 2013, 07:50:10 AM
any fan of the Roxy Music cover with Biafra on vocals?
best song from the album
Quote from: the crybaby on June 09, 2013, 07:59:05 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 09, 2013, 07:50:10 AM
any fan of the Roxy Music cover with Biafra on vocals?
best song from the album
so i'm not the one liking that cover so much. love when Buzzo says Biafra sounds even weirder than Brian Ferry
I owe Buzz a Huge sincere thank you for Making me a Throbbing gristle fan.
Thanks Buzz!
also Want to thank them sincerely for making so much Excellent music that has profoundly impacted my Time on this planet.
THANK YOU Sausage lovers!
Quote from: Dumpster D on June 09, 2013, 08:07:56 AM
I owe Buzz a Huge sincere thank you for Making me a Throbbing gristle fan.
Thanks Buzz!
also Want to thank them sincerely for making so much Excellent music that has profoundly impacted my Time on this planet.
=D>
Quote from: the crybaby on June 09, 2013, 07:59:05 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 09, 2013, 07:50:10 AM
any fan of the Roxy Music cover with Biafra on vocals?
best song from the album
For me, too. One of Jello's best musical moments. Wish he'd do a whole album of Brian Ferry stuff with the proceeds going to hunt sabs as irony.
Quote from: the crybaby on June 09, 2013, 07:59:05 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 09, 2013, 07:50:10 AM
any fan of the Roxy Music cover with Biafra on vocals?
best song from the album
agreed. x2. station to station coming in at a close 2nd.
Thanks again Melvins, For making such a wonderful Record!
Love from
-Julian.
And thank you Buzz for making me a fully converted Throbbing Grislte fan, so many years ago, and STILL a Die-hard fan!
Loving Sausages! LOVING IT!
Quote from: glen on June 11, 2013, 10:21:23 AM
Quote from: the crybaby on June 09, 2013, 07:59:05 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 09, 2013, 07:50:10 AM
any fan of the Roxy Music cover with Biafra on vocals?
best song from the album
agreed. x2. station to station coming in at a close 2nd.
Spot on! Agreed to the third power!
Wait... so who sings on Timothy Leary Lives?
trevor dunn
i played this for the new bartender(who called buzz,"roger" osborne)and she loved it.the other bartender heard it and said he hated punk and that the melvins suck.she turned to him and said "well...the melvins aren't for pussies".
i told him he should keep listening to deftones&rage against the machine.
Listening to the original Version of Warhead, The melvins did a Really Really Damn good job. :-k
i would have loved to hear buzz singing on that
It'll be interesting to see if they do any of these songs live
Finally got around to listening to this and think it's pretty good.
The Bowie & Roxy Music songs were the standouts for mine, awesome and the Venom & Divine covers were great too.
Could do without the straight ahead punk stuff and the Black Betty cover, Spiderbait's version is far better than the Melvins one.
Honestly the Melvins & Jello should do a whole album of Roxy Music covers and with Rutmanis on bass!
I was surprised by the quality of this an enjoyable listening experience.
Now speaking of enjoyable experiences whatever happened to my thread on here about Buzz's vocals???
This stuff Gets stuck in yer head.
Am I the only one who likes the straight ahead punk? Not nearly as good as most of their other covers but certainly good covers, they are.
Quote from: homeless_dad on July 14, 2013, 05:11:02 PM
Am I the only one who likes the straight ahead punk? Not nearly as good as most of their other covers but certainly good covers, they are.
I like it all :) Frankly I don't think they've done a cover I don't like.
Quote from: (PAUL) on July 14, 2013, 05:54:09 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on July 14, 2013, 05:11:02 PM
Am I the only one who likes the straight ahead punk? Not nearly as good as most of their other covers but certainly good covers, they are.
I like it all :) Frankly I don't think they've done a cover I don't like.
John Cage?
Quote from: homeless_dad on July 14, 2013, 05:11:02 PM
Am I the only one who likes the straight ahead punk?
no.me too
Quote from: Godflesh on July 15, 2013, 01:58:19 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on July 14, 2013, 05:54:09 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on July 14, 2013, 05:11:02 PM
Am I the only one who likes the straight ahead punk? Not nearly as good as most of their other covers but certainly good covers, they are.
I like it all :) Frankly I don't think they've done a cover I don't like.
John Cage?
Hey, who doesn't love Cage? I'm doing my version of 4'33" right now!
Quote from: (PAUL) on July 15, 2013, 05:36:10 PM
Quote from: Godflesh on July 15, 2013, 01:58:19 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on July 14, 2013, 05:54:09 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on July 14, 2013, 05:11:02 PM
Am I the only one who likes the straight ahead punk? Not nearly as good as most of their other covers but certainly good covers, they are.
I like it all :) Frankly I don't think they've done a cover I don't like.
John Cage?
Hey, who doesn't love Cage? I'm doing my version of 4'33" right now!
Love the way they split the Cage cover into two halves: 2'16.5" each side. It gives it a whole new perspective.
Quote from: jules on July 15, 2013, 05:57:10 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on July 15, 2013, 05:36:10 PM
Quote from: Godflesh on July 15, 2013, 01:58:19 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on July 14, 2013, 05:54:09 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on July 14, 2013, 05:11:02 PM
Am I the only one who likes the straight ahead punk? Not nearly as good as most of their other covers but certainly good covers, they are.
I like it all :) Frankly I don't think they've done a cover I don't like.
John Cage?
Hey, who doesn't love Cage? I'm doing my version of 4'33" right now!
Love the way they split the Cage cover into two halves: 2'16.5" each side. It gives it a whole new perspective.
Cage purists' would say that they've ruined a classic.
Quote from: homeless_dad on July 15, 2013, 07:14:43 PM
Quote from: jules on July 15, 2013, 05:57:10 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on July 15, 2013, 05:36:10 PM
Quote from: Godflesh on July 15, 2013, 01:58:19 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on July 14, 2013, 05:54:09 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on July 14, 2013, 05:11:02 PM
Am I the only one who likes the straight ahead punk? Not nearly as good as most of their other covers but certainly good covers, they are.
I like it all :) Frankly I don't think they've done a cover I don't like.
John Cage?
Hey, who doesn't love Cage? I'm doing my version of 4'33" right now!
Love the way they split the Cage cover into two halves: 2'16.5" each side. It gives it a whole new perspective.
Cage purists' would say that they've ruined a classic.
:lol:
Splitting it into two equal parts actually satirises those fashionably solipsist, pseudo-liberal middle classes and their attitudes.
http://youtu.be/ggveTInmT5w (http://youtu.be/ggveTInmT5w)
:? 30th April general Melvins review that begins, "Even if their new album is a throwaway,". From The Atlantic magazine, Washington DC:
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/04/why-the-melvins-are-guitar-musics-best-and-most-bizarre-unifier/275422/ (http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/04/why-the-melvins-are-guitar-musics-best-and-most-bizarre-unifier/275422/)
Quote from: Bigval on July 10, 2013, 10:45:26 AM
Finally got around to listening to this and think it's pretty good.
The Bowie & Roxy Music songs were the standouts for mine, awesome and the Venom & Divine covers were great too.
Could do without the straight ahead punk stuff and the Black Betty cover, Spiderbait's version is far better than the Melvins one.
Honestly the Melvins & Jello should do a whole album of Roxy Music covers and with Rutmanis on bass!
I was surprised by the quality of this an enjoyable listening experience.
Now speaking of enjoyable experiences whatever happened to my thread on here about Buzz's vocals???
It just shows it's all a matter of taste. I'm a die-hard
Roxy Music and
Bowie fan. I bought Roxy's first single and LP when they came out. Both covers are just so-so IMHO. Also, to be honest, I always liked the flipside of Black Betty by Jon Spensor better.
Quote from: jules on August 08, 2013, 09:11:19 AM
:? 30th April general Melvins review that begins, "Even if their new album is a throwaway,". From The Atlantic magazine, Washington DC:
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/04/why-the-melvins-are-guitar-musics-best-and-most-bizarre-unifier/275422/ (http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/04/why-the-melvins-are-guitar-musics-best-and-most-bizarre-unifier/275422/)
the last comment gives a hint at the roxy music cover #2. mother of pearl... i wonder if it is true...
Quote from: jules on August 08, 2013, 09:11:19 AM
:? 30th April general Melvins review that begins, "Even if their new album is a throwaway,". From The Atlantic magazine, Washington DC:
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/04/why-the-melvins-are-guitar-musics-best-and-most-bizarre-unifier/275422/ (http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/04/why-the-melvins-are-guitar-musics-best-and-most-bizarre-unifier/275422/)
The author of this review needs to be strapped to a chair and forced to listen to the entire Melvins discography, given a full journalism course, and a good old-fashioned slap in the face.
Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on August 13, 2013, 09:31:08 AM
Quote from: jules on August 08, 2013, 09:11:19 AM
:? 30th April general Melvins review that begins, "Even if their new album is a throwaway,". From The Atlantic magazine, Washington DC:
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/04/why-the-melvins-are-guitar-musics-best-and-most-bizarre-unifier/275422/ (http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/04/why-the-melvins-are-guitar-musics-best-and-most-bizarre-unifier/275422/)
The author of this review needs to be strapped to a chair and forced to listen to the entire Melvins discography, given a full journalism course, and a good old-fashioned slap in the face.
It's pretty bizarre that he's comparing Warhead to Sweet Willy Rollbar.
Some of the comments aren't much better.
"Like a lot of older Melvins fans, I consider 'Lysol' and 'Houdini' the band's high points, and I think what distinguishes those records from their more recent discography is how deadpan serious they seem to be taking themselves." & "but for me the wheels came off when the winking and nudging began, which was, to my mind, with the Ipecac releases."
He should probably go back and watch the music video for Honey Bucket, listen to tracks like Pearl Bomb and Spread Eagle Beagle, pay closer attention to the album covers, and realize that the Melvins have always had a bit of humor to them.
"Do you guys like Hogan's Heroes?"
Their name is the melvins. Can anything they do be taken deadpan serious after knowing that??
He must be thinking of sky pup when it comes to the melvins seriousness :?
The man is a fool.
13 August - Buzz and Dale talk to The Quietus about Everybody Loves Sausages:
http://thequietus.com/articles/13075-melvins-cover-butthole-surfers-everybody-loves-sausages-interview (http://thequietus.com/articles/13075-melvins-cover-butthole-surfers-everybody-loves-sausages-interview)
...interesting that they were considering celtic frost and hellhammer too. i would have liked to hear a hellhammer cover!
i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them by Melvins
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them by Melvins
Plus I had no idea Alice Cooper was actually good until I heard Lysol!
Alice Cooper - Poison (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww#ws)
Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 01:30:47 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them by Melvins
Plus I had no idea Alice Cooper was actually good until I heard Lysol!
Alice Cooper - Poison (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww#ws)
same for me
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 01:32:29 PM
Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 01:30:47 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them by Melvins
Plus I had no idea Alice Cooper was actually good until I heard Lysol!
Alice Cooper - Poison (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww#ws)
same for me
[-X
Quote from: buddy holiday on August 14, 2013, 05:30:32 AM
...interesting that they were considering celtic frost and hellhammer too. i would have liked to hear a hellhammer cover!
A whole album of Venom, Hellhammer, and Celtic Frost covers would be awesome. Them doing Messiah would rule.
Melvins Tribute to TOM G. WARRIOR!
I'd love to hear them kick out Jewel Throne. It's my favorite song to slow dance to.
Celtic Frost ~ Jewel Throne (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm7qQlWmMEc#)
As far as SAUSAGES goes, that Venom riff is killer. So...heavy.
My favorite track is without a doubt the Roxy Music cover. It's just perfect.
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on August 14, 2013, 02:48:02 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 01:32:29 PM
Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 01:30:47 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them 8) by Melvins
Plus I had no idea Alice Cooper was actually good until I heard Lysol!
Alice Cooper - Poison (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww#ws)
same for me
[-X
you're right,shame on me. AC early stuff is amazing
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:24:01 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on August 14, 2013, 02:48:02 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 01:32:29 PM
Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 01:30:47 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them 8) by Melvins
Plus I had no idea Alice Cooper was actually good until I heard Lysol!
Alice Cooper - Poison (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww#ws)
same for me
[-X
you're right,shame on me. AC early stuff is amazing
:D
Alice Cooper - Changing Arranging (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2UxwukFruM#)
I read this short review on amazon.com:
"Cover songs, still good. Every album but Stag is good. Melvins rule! Add to the collection. Peace, rock on Melvins!"
:-s
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but some people just genuinely confuse me.
Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 07:19:19 PM
I read this short review on amazon.com:
"Cover songs, still good. Every album but Stag is good. Melvins rule! Add to the collection. Peace, rock on Melvins!"
:-s
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but some people just genuinely confuse me.
Some people just hate Stag, and I can never understand why....
I'll second that, hell it's their masterpiece!
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on August 14, 2013, 05:27:41 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:24:01 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on August 14, 2013, 02:48:02 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 01:32:29 PM
Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 01:30:47 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them 8) by Melvins
Plus I had no idea Alice Cooper was actually good until I heard Lysol!
Alice Cooper - Poison (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww#ws)
same for me
[-X
you're right,shame on me. AC early stuff is amazing
:D
Alice Cooper - Changing Arranging (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2UxwukFruM#)
that's great, i think it was produced by Zappa
pretties for you is fantastic from start to finish!
easy action and love it to death are must haves too.
killer is still good, but no as good as these 3... imo
Quote from: buddy holiday on August 15, 2013, 05:20:58 AM
pretties for you is fantastic from start to finish!
easy action and love it to death are must haves too.
killer is still good, but no as good as these 3... imo
yeah,those three are probably the best. i bought a boxset including Killer,School's Out and Billion Dollar Babies. it was very cheap
well to my surprise i havent seen any topic about this one yet..thoughts? concerns?
i like the mellow feel to female trouble...trevors singing in timothy leary lives makes me laugh for some reason ha
props for covering a throbbing gristle tune even though i love T.G. some songs seem hard to cover
this is the best melvins album since nude with boots, if not since hostile ambient takeover, if not since the crybaby, if not since houdini, if not since stag, if not since ozma, if not ever.
took a little while to realize, to learn the lay of the land. the album's got it all. on first listen i couldn't digest it. now that i kind of know it, shit! ace execution.
a sequel or series would be glorious. "people really love sausage." also, i get the album title now, one sausage is made from tons of pigs, like the album is made from tons of musicians.
also, the mix is so rich that mp3s and streams are not going to do it justice. you have to buy it.
Quote from: Satchel Paige on August 14, 2013, 07:38:17 PM
Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 07:19:19 PM
I read this short review on amazon.com:
"Cover songs, still good. Every album but Stag is good. Melvins rule! Add to the collection. Peace, rock on Melvins!"
:-s
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but some people just genuinely confuse me.
Some people just hate Stag, and I can never understand why....
Quite a few throw-away tracks but I get the experimental and exploration mindset the album and the band conveys after enough listens. It ain't my favorite but it ain't terrible either.
Only just got hold of the album having avoided everything except the Queen cover up to now.
It's really good fun, an eclectic choice of tunes, maybe some of the covers are a bit true to the original, but actually it's a great album to drive/cycle to, and not many Melvins albums feel that way to me (too intense maybe??? I dunno). Made me feel very happy to hear my fave band doing one of my fave songs (Station to Station) and glad that one was note for note almost, though not sure why I was glad. Only criticism I'd have is that I've heard Biafra do that voice (hey, it is his voice I suppose) so many times it's paled a bit for me, but liked the version even if I prefer the Roxy original (their second album is another fave of mine).
Nice work :D
I can't stop listening to Warhead, loved it so much it got onto my workout mix.
I also like female trouble. The vibe... is incredible.
that warhead really kicks ass! Melvins is the best for working out
its what I mainly listen too when mountain biking, some pantera too
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on September 16, 2013, 04:49:26 PM
Quite a few throw-away tracks but I get the experimental and exploration mindset the album and the band conveys after enough listens. It ain't my favorite but it ain't terrible either.
agreed. i think i only like about half of it.
this album has nothing on Freak Puke or Bulls & Bees.
Warhead and Station to Station are the most awesome on this tribute record, Jello does a marvellous job on Heartache.
First off, they could do two of these a year, & I would buy them. Why trust radio program directors, apple commercials or anyone else to tell you what songs to listen to, when you've got the Melvins handling those duties so perfectly. Going in, the only songs I knew were "Station To Station", "Best Friend"and & "Black Betty". I'm a huge Bowie fan, I have all of his stuff. I don't get the fascination with the Brian Eno trilogy. Ziggy Stardust, Station, Hunky Dory are all so great, why do you need a producer who will come in and change all that? I was really looking forward to Jared singing Station, but JG Thirwell nails it. Buzz on guitar and bass and Toshi on keys it sounds amazing! Other favorites are "Carpe Diem", which sounds like a mashup of Spinal Tap's "Flower Children" & AC-DC's "Hells Bells" and "Female Toubles", which showcases Buzz's voice as a very powerful instrument itself pitted against Crover's drums & Dunn's stand-up bass. The other one that grew on me was "Attitude" by the Kinks. Three drummers. This could be the next Melvins line up (watch yhe youtube clip of Clem Burke, from Blondie, recording his drum solo on this track-Badass!). I'm not too familiar with Venom, But I think "Warhead" is the perfect opener on this disc, and I've checked out some Neurosis / Scott Kelly acoustic stuff on youtube-it's pretty good. Overall, I love everything on this album.
yeah,Romance is a killer cover!
Quote from: ))))(((( on March 20, 2015, 06:27:16 AM
I mostly hate this album. Some cool tunes and loads of songs i dislike. Probably my least favourite Melvins release. Anyway having thought about it, i decided to think about all those covers they recorded around the same time or have performed live and compile what i wish the album did look like.
1. Warhead
2. Mr DNA
3. Breaking Glass
4. Set It On Fire
5. Graveyard
6. Attitude
7. In League With Satan
8. Alleged
9. Bacon Industry
10. In Every Dream Home A Heartache
11. Romance
12. Pinhead
13. Heathen Earth
Hmm... I don't think I've heard some of those.
I think they should release one or two of these a year.
I love it. Is it perfect? No, but I love their selections and interpretations of other artists material.
My wish list;
Agent Orange - Breakdown
Led Zep - Sick Again
Reverend Horton Heat - The Devil's Chasing Me
Television - Elevation
Kraftwerk - Electric Cafe
Duran Duran - Hold Back The Rain
Front 242 - Don't Crash
Brainiac - Mr Fingers
Ministry - Golden Dawn
Soundgarden - He Didn't
Killing Joke - The Hum
Jesus And Mary Chain - Fall
Lush - Downer
So I just read through all 36 pages of this thread. It seems like the concensus is as follows:
"Station to Station" and "Dream Home," the epics, are at the top of everyone's list, with "Female Trouble" and "Romance" also favorites.
"Art School" and "Timothy Leary" are probably the least liked tracks after many listens, but most people enjoy the entire album as programmed.
"Black Betty" and "Best Friend" are the most polarizing songs.
"Carpe Diem" and "Heathen Earth" are never disliked, but for many they really grow on you.
It's interesting because this is pretty much how I feel about it, too. Though I fall into the camp of loving both Best Friend and Black Betty. I think the Queen cover is the Melvins finding a new avenue to be badass.
Was the song with Kevin ("In Every Dream Home a Heartache") specifically recorded for this album (making it kind of a reunion) or is it merely a leftover track from the old "Jelvins" days?
Quote from: h3r3t!c on October 16, 2015, 05:31:29 AM
Was the song with Kevin ("In Every Dream Home a Heartache") specifically recorded for this album (making it kind of a reunion) or is it merely a leftover track from the old "Jelvins" days?
New recording.
http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=20247.msg540308#msg540308 (http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=20247.msg540308#msg540308)
Is the title of this record a reference to, or parody of something at all? A play on 'Everybody Loves Raymond' perhaps?? Do the "sausages" of the title mean something else as a slang term maybe?
Quote from: ))))(((( on February 24, 2018, 02:48:40 PM
Is the title of this record a reference to, or parody of something at all? A play on 'Everybody Loves Raymond' perhaps?? Do the "sausages" of the title mean something else as a slang term maybe?
Could be an extension of the phrase "see how the sausage is made". The Melvins are the sum of all their influences put together, so here... enjoy the sausages, which everybody loves. :D
It could be as simple as they all eat sausages on the road, whoever is in the Melvins entourage at the time.
I went back and listened to this record again last night. I suppose it was due to my current obsession of thinking of what cover songs the band might put on this "history of rock" album project at some point. Anyway when '...Sausages' first came out i fucking hated it. Well, not really. I loved some of the songs. Warhead, In Every Dream Home, Romance being the main 3 but others made me cringe terribly. Notable examples being Best Friend, Black Betty, and Timothy Leary Lives. Normally when a new Melvins album comes out i buy it as soon as i can. But then this one came out i didn't buy it for almost a year. I kept listening online but each time thought this was totally unbecoming of such an otherwise great, cool band. Yet over time it has grown on me collectively a lot. I keep thinking about something i remember Jules saying about the record when it came out "it's a lot of fun" and you know he was right. It is a fun record. Perhaps back then i didn't like that and in a way i still don't. I like music to be a serious endeavor or craft but at the same time i can't discount the fun side of things. Listening to the album now is oddly very easy for me. I don't cringe and rather enjoy it. Even the songs i didn't like. Best Friend has been stuck in my head today even! In time will i declare it a masterpiece, hmm probably not but i'd happily give it a 8/10 which 7 years ago seemed completely unimaginable!!!
....still a terrible album title for it though!
Quote from: ))))(((( on September 07, 2020, 06:53:50 PM
....still a terrible album title for it though!
I'm guessing that it's some kind of inside Joke.
It is the closest thing to a party record the Melvins have ever made. Buzz doesn't write a lot of sing a longs, so hearing these indelible choruses (chori?) is great.
The BB tracks and the Trevor tracks especially have the spirit, but really every part of it is excellent in its own way.
Q: have any if these tracks made you discover or otherwise delve into the original artists?
I think I went on a throbbing gristle bender after this record, trying to figure out what "Heathen Earth" was even evoking. I still intend to rip into the Scientists and the Fugs and Tales of Terror. I at least read all the wiki pages trying to put context to the tracks chosen.
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 07, 2020, 07:40:16 PM
Q: have any if these tracks made you discover or otherwise delve into the original artists?
A little. I listened to all the original versions of the songs and checked out that Tales Of Terror record that Buzz always talks very highly of. I thought that fairly good if i remember correctly. Then i went back and listened to it again when they covered another one of the songs with Crystal Fairy.
Most of the covers I didn't care for but two I loved were the Roxy Music cover with Jello and the Bowie cover with JG Thirlwell.
All-time best Melvins release title too!
Quote from: ))))(((( on September 07, 2020, 07:47:55 PM
checked out that Tales Of Terror record ... when they covered another one of the songs with Crystal Fairy.
I either forgot or never put that together. That tune does seem to have a Buzz lead vocal throughout and might have originally been intended for Sausages, maybe? Wow. Definitely should have been on the clown series single.