themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: jules on May 05, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

Title: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on May 05, 2013, 05:23:33 PM
....imminent......

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/1_zps3d60dd6f.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/1_zps3d60dd6f.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on May 05, 2013, 06:39:19 PM
I understood they're the same tracks of "Everybody Loves Sausages", am I right?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Idlehanz on May 05, 2013, 08:23:43 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 05, 2013, 06:39:19 PM
I understood they're the same tracks of "Everybody Loves Sausages", am I right?
yes.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on May 06, 2013, 02:43:43 AM
plus some unreleased b-sides i guess?
i.e. bowie cover as on the CD version and another, unreleased bowie cover on the b-side...
i read somewhere that most recording sessions yielded more than one cover recorded.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Oscar on May 06, 2013, 03:10:20 AM
Had a chat with Gareth the other night and he said that the Venom 12" will have 4 Venom covers on it.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on May 06, 2013, 03:16:11 AM
excellent!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (((O))) on May 06, 2013, 03:29:57 AM
The Sugar Daddy splits aren't even finished yet and now there's more singles due!!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jonE5 on May 06, 2013, 10:25:18 AM
 =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain CoryCory on May 06, 2013, 10:44:16 AM
Good god almighty...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: glen on May 06, 2013, 11:30:21 AM
hey I got a question...  since they already released Black Betty as a single what are they going to do there?   double dip it?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 06, 2013, 11:51:39 AM
Quote from: glen on May 06, 2013, 11:30:21 AM
hey I got a question...  since they already released Black Betty as a single what are they going to do there?   double dip it?
Probably ignore it.  Thirteen tracks on the sausage album, with nine singles being released.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: John Schuller on May 06, 2013, 01:07:23 PM
Black Betty, Female Trouble and Carpe Diem have already been released on vinyl, so that does make sense there would only be 9 singles.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Buckwheat on May 06, 2013, 01:15:42 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on May 06, 2013, 01:07:23 PM
Black Betty, Female Trouble and Carpe Diem have already been released on vinyl, so that does make sense there would only be 9 singles.
13-3=10.  What's the other song they're cutting?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (((O))) on May 06, 2013, 01:32:14 PM
Im going to guess Heathen Earth. I have absolutely no insight into that whatsoever though.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Jaron on May 06, 2013, 06:43:59 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I hope to Patrick Duffy that one of those has a Mr. DNA cover. AMIRITE?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dan_Halen on May 06, 2013, 09:38:35 PM
Quote from: )))((( on May 06, 2013, 01:32:14 PM
Quote from: Buckwheat on May 06, 2013, 01:15:42 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on May 06, 2013, 01:07:23 PM
Black Betty, Female Trouble and Carpe Diem have already been released on vinyl, so that does make sense there would only be 9 singles.
13-3=10.  What's the other song they're cutting?
Im going to guess Heathen Earth. I have absolutely no insight into that whatsoever tho.

My guess would be Throbbing Gristle? (cool track but since it's really just Buzz leaving that one out would sorta make sense)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: John Schuller on May 07, 2013, 12:59:03 AM
Quote from: Buckwheat on May 06, 2013, 01:15:42 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on May 06, 2013, 01:07:23 PM
Black Betty, Female Trouble and Carpe Diem have already been released on vinyl, so that does make sense there would only be 9 singles.
13-3=10.  What's the other song they're cutting?

I hate maths!

Maybe it is the Venom track of which this was said:

"Had a chat with Gareth the other night and he said that the Venom 12" will have 4 Venom covers on it."
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain CoryCory on May 28, 2013, 08:19:02 AM
Quote from: Oscar on May 06, 2013, 03:10:20 AM
Had a chat with Gareth the other night and he said that the Venom 12" will have 4 Venom covers on it.

If it's the Melvins doing four covers then I hope to god TEACHER'S PET is on it. No exceptions.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Fureon Nectarmoon on May 30, 2013, 10:13:38 AM
I pray they don't cut Heathen Earth!! [-o<
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on June 28, 2013, 04:15:28 PM
Haze says the first two will be ready for the tour:

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/pspsps_zps71b86ab6.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/pspsps_zps71b86ab6.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain CoryCory on June 28, 2013, 04:49:14 PM
I'm really digging how this is coming along and I've yet to even hear a single single!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on June 28, 2013, 09:05:33 PM
Quote from: jules on June 28, 2013, 04:15:28 PM
Haze says the first two will be ready for the tour:

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/pspsps_zps71b86ab6.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/pspsps_zps71b86ab6.jpg.html)

ARGH!!!

The pain, the horror, the need, the lack of immediate funds right here right now!!!

oh, FUCK, and now my irritable bowel syndrome!!!!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on June 29, 2013, 12:10:48 AM
Quote from: jules on June 28, 2013, 04:15:28 PM
Haze says the first two will be ready for the tour:

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/pspsps_zps71b86ab6.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/pspsps_zps71b86ab6.jpg.html)

evil, in league with satan!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jonE5 on June 29, 2013, 11:00:09 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on June 29, 2013, 12:10:48 AM
Quote from: jules on June 28, 2013, 04:15:28 PM
Haze says the first two will be ready for the tour:

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/pspsps_zps71b86ab6.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/pspsps_zps71b86ab6.jpg.html)

evil, in league with satan!

=P~
Hope their are still some left for Boston
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Alex- on June 29, 2013, 11:58:43 AM
So these will go for sale on the shoxop store next week. Time and day will be posted on Facebook by the official Amprep page on there soon. The tri-color versions (100 of the 700 made) will only be for sale at the Bash show.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: deatheats on July 01, 2013, 08:23:22 PM
If you didn't see the other thread.  The Venom and Scientists 7"s are up for sale now (as well as the 1983 Gaylord 7" and the Bash 13 Compilation 10")
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain CoryCory on July 03, 2013, 08:22:33 PM
It looks like the inner sleeve appears to list all of the tributes being performed with all the clowns on the other side. I'd imagine whenever one of the boardies here gets on we'll be able to narrow down what of the nine are making it...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on July 04, 2013, 04:11:48 PM
Did anyone notice the different creatures on the backs of the 2 that were for sale? One a Octopus and the other a Spider?   :D


http://www.shoxop.com/ (http://www.shoxop.com/)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dan_Halen on July 04, 2013, 07:46:00 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on July 04, 2013, 04:11:48 PM
Did anyone notice the different creatures on the backs of the 2 that were for sale? One a Octopus and the other a Spider?   :D


http://www.shoxop.com/ (http://www.shoxop.com/)

I'm hoping one has a giraffe on it!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on July 05, 2013, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on July 03, 2013, 08:22:33 PM
It looks like the inner sleeve appears to list all of the tributes being performed with all the clowns on the other side. I'd imagine whenever one of the boardies here gets on we'll be able to narrow down what of the nine are making it...

By squinting it looks like Queen, David Bowie, and Roxy Music along with the Scientists. Not sure how they plan on fitting the Roxy Music and David Bowie covers onto a 7" unless they're on both sides or they move up to 10" or 12".
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on July 05, 2013, 11:17:47 PM
Okay, here's the deal since I just got the records in: there are indeed 9 of them listed, but Pop-O-Pies and Tales of Terror are going to be on one release together, which fits since both tracks feature the Melvins Lite lineup. I'd try to guess what order they're gonna come out in but the first one listed is the Scientists (Scale 135) and the last one listed is Venom (Scale 143) so who knows.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on July 07, 2013, 01:03:46 PM
Quote from: backstard on July 07, 2013, 12:47:15 PM
Care to either scan or list out what the insert says?

:D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dan_Halen on July 07, 2013, 05:08:57 PM
Quote from: backstard on July 07, 2013, 12:47:15 PM
Care to either scan or list out what the insert says?

Scale 135- Tribute to Scientists (Released)
Scale 136- Tribute to David Bowie
Scale 137- Tribute to The Jam
Scale 138- Tribute to The Kinks
Scale 139- Tribute to Pop-O-Pies/ Tales Of Terror
Scale 140- Tribute to Queen
Scale 141- Tribute to Roxy Music
Scale 142- Tribute to Throbbing Gristle
Scale 143- Tribute to Venom (Released)

It also lists exactly who plays what on every track but I'm not typing all of  that out.
My guess is the next two will be 136 and 142  :P (they are slowly going inward from both sides)
7 more records and $175 left to go.  :shock:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on July 07, 2013, 05:14:08 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on July 07, 2013, 05:08:57 PM
Quote from: backstard on July 07, 2013, 12:47:15 PM
Care to either scan or list out what the insert says?

7 more records and $175 left to go.  :shock:


:D :D :D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: brian on July 13, 2013, 11:55:45 AM
(http://distilleryimage1.ak.instagram.com/ce05cf22eb6511e29dc322000a1f9c8f_7.jpg)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on July 13, 2013, 12:48:02 PM
And I just watched Santa Sangre last night. Damn clowns...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: PorcoRosso on July 20, 2013, 12:47:28 AM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on July 07, 2013, 05:14:08 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on July 07, 2013, 05:08:57 PM
Quote from: backstard on July 07, 2013, 12:47:15 PM
Care to either scan or list out what the insert says?

7 more records and $175 left to go.  :shock:


:D :D :D

Plus Shipping :D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on September 05, 2013, 03:34:50 PM
Ok, so finally after almost one month of waiting for them, the first 2 clown singles arrived... Thank God the strike of the workers of the chilean post office ended and obviously thanks to DC, I was glad to make business with him. Both vinyls look awesome, both being the splattered versions, but I have to admit the sound quality didn't impress me much. I still think that my Foaming single (the only one of the HAT singles I could find) and POTRE sound way better.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Illusionator on September 06, 2013, 08:11:29 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on July 13, 2013, 12:48:02 PM
And I just watched Santa Sangre last night. Damn clowns...

Good choice sir
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 20, 2013, 06:55:20 PM
New singles should be available soon.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on September 21, 2013, 10:58:29 AM
(http://cdn.meme.li/i/opdeu.jpg)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: andi on September 25, 2013, 02:38:23 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on July 05, 2013, 02:05:58 PM
By squinting it looks like Queen, David Bowie, and Roxy Music along with the Scientists. Not sure how they plan on fitting the Roxy Music and David Bowie covers onto a 7" unless they're on both sides or they move up to 10" or 12".

Anyone knows anything about that? I'm curious too.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Fureon Nectarmoon on September 26, 2013, 05:46:32 PM
Judging by this (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1273467_10151799144250939_569419254_o.jpg) photo, the Kinks are up next (you can see 138 on a label in reflection).
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on September 26, 2013, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on September 26, 2013, 05:46:32 PM
Judging by this (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1273467_10151799144250939_569419254_o.jpg) photo, the Kinks are up next (you can see 138 on a label in reflection).
Good work!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on September 26, 2013, 06:05:45 PM
Quote from: jules on September 26, 2013, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on September 26, 2013, 05:46:32 PM
Judging by this (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1273467_10151799144250939_569419254_o.jpg) photo, the Kinks are up next (you can see 138 on a label in reflection).
Good work!

Spot on 'ol chap!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on September 27, 2013, 05:16:22 PM
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1378848_10151882499537040_494876432_n.jpg)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151882499537040&set=a.340966127039.197966.338611232039&type=1&theater (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151882499537040&set=a.340966127039.197966.338611232039&type=1&theater)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on September 27, 2013, 06:57:21 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on September 27, 2013, 05:16:22 PM
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1378848_10151882499537040_494876432_n.jpg)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151882499537040&set=a.340966127039.197966.338611232039&type=1&theater (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151882499537040&set=a.340966127039.197966.338611232039&type=1&theater)


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK I JUST POOPED A LITTLE




OH MY GOD. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR76vipfqDk#ws)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: PorcoRosso on September 28, 2013, 11:50:53 AM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on September 27, 2013, 05:16:22 PM
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1378848_10151882499537040_494876432_n.jpg)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151882499537040&set=a.340966127039.197966.338611232039&type=1&theater (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151882499537040&set=a.340966127039.197966.338611232039&type=1&theater)

For those of us folks without facebook , any idea what the ETA on the new crop of singles is ?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Fureon Nectarmoon on September 29, 2013, 06:56:13 AM
Haze says 2 to 4 weeks.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 12, 2013, 09:08:07 PM
From the Amphetamine Reptile page on Facebook:

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1374127_10151910555542040_639458850_n.jpg)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain CoryCory on October 13, 2013, 08:50:01 AM
According to facebook the next one along with the kinks is supposedly the melvins lite one (pop-o-pies & tales of terror)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 18, 2013, 01:12:19 PM
oh fuck, there are not going to be two singles for sale but three...

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/1385552_10151923365427040_704260441_n.jpg)

... damn, my funds are going to suffer like hell.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: andi on October 18, 2013, 03:31:20 PM
Is there already a date / time?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on October 18, 2013, 03:44:30 PM
Quote from: andi on October 18, 2013, 03:31:20 PM
Is there already a date / time?
Nothing yet.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Alex- on October 19, 2013, 12:36:08 PM
The above picture is a test pressing, these and the standard new clown singles will be for sale at the Haze art show in Dusseldorf, Germany
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on October 19, 2013, 12:47:24 PM
Quote from: Alex- on October 19, 2013, 12:36:08 PM
The above picture is a test pressing, these and the standard new clown singles will be for sale at the Haze art show in Dusseldorf, Germany

Say what? There are special versions again, available only at the art show?  :shock:

Help, someone? Buy me a special one and you can buy one on my expense. Or something... Right?
Put some PMs in if you're in.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Alex- on October 19, 2013, 01:03:51 PM
Quote from: Godflesh on October 19, 2013, 12:47:24 PM
Quote from: Alex- on October 19, 2013, 12:36:08 PM
The above picture is a test pressing, these and the standard new clown singles will be for sale at the Haze art show in Dusseldorf, Germany

Say what? There are special versions again, available only at the art show?  :shock:

Help, someone? Buy me a special one and you can buy one on my expense. Or something... Right?
Put some PMs in if you're in.

I'm not sure if there will only be test presses at the show in Dusseldorf, but I don't think shoxop will sell test pressings. I can be wrong, I just don't remember seeing test presses for sale on shoxop before.

I probably can buy one or two extra records at the show, but please don't expect i'll buy a whole bag filled with records.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 22, 2013, 10:00:13 PM
DAMN!!!

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1377207_10151935279017040_540895541_n.jpg)

Okay so we quit torturing folks with pix of test pressings. Now we'll do so with pix of the real thing as they roll in. Release date to be announced soon.

art by HAZE XXL
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 24, 2013, 09:45:44 AM
According to the AmRep page on FB there are going to be FOUR clown singles for sale.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on October 24, 2013, 09:46:44 AM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 24, 2013, 09:45:44 AM
According to the AmRep page on FB there are going to be FOUR clown singles for sale.

ha, that's good news!
hopefully together with the helmet split...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 24, 2013, 09:50:41 AM
Sure, but it's going to be expensive as hell... $25 dollars for each single, giving you a total of $100 dollars without shipping cost...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain CoryCory on October 24, 2013, 09:58:37 AM
Yeah, they're totally gonna finish the clown series before the sugar daddy series at this rate.  :lol:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on November 08, 2013, 02:44:47 PM
It's official: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151895643300939.1073741831.267942240938&type=1 (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151895643300939.1073741831.267942240938&type=1)

Sunday at 6pm (central - USA) these are going for sale!

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/602874_10151895643340939_249681568_n.jpg)

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1452549_10151895644750939_85220061_n.jpg)

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q77/1451321_10151895644745939_887818603_n.jpg)

I'm very interested in The Kinks Tribute single, there are rumours that the B-side is going to be the song "Victoria". Apparently the Pop-o-pies/Tales of Terror is not going to include any exclusive song.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: PorcoRosso on November 08, 2013, 02:51:35 PM
Lame.
I get paid next week.
I am going to probably miss 5 melvins records at once .
and I can t justify 60 dollars or more for a seven inch after market prices.
rats !
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: oldernie on November 08, 2013, 02:52:56 PM
the b side to kinks one is victoria.

tri colours were on sale in germany. so i have heard it, i prefer the a side myself.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on November 08, 2013, 03:07:22 PM
Any confirmation about the tracks on the Pop-O-Pies/Tales Of Terror single?
Are they going to be the same songs from ELS?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on November 10, 2013, 06:13:06 PM
The Kinks and Pop-o-Pies/Tales of Terror 7"s are up now.

http://www.shoxop.com/collections/brand-spanking-new (http://www.shoxop.com/collections/brand-spanking-new)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 10, 2013, 06:14:51 PM
all you guys make out good?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: DeeSonyaChin on November 10, 2013, 06:19:27 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 10, 2013, 06:14:51 PM
all you guys make out good?

Yes!  Wasn't fast enough to grab die nerven 7.  It must have been gone in 2 seconds!!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 10, 2013, 06:20:39 PM
Quote from: DeeSonyaChin on November 10, 2013, 06:19:27 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 10, 2013, 06:14:51 PM
all you guys make out good?

Yes!  Wasn't fast enough to grab die nerven 7.  It must have been gone in 2 seconds!!

get em from the band here

http://dienerven.bigcartel.com/product/nichts-neues-7-amphetamine-reptile-records (http://dienerven.bigcartel.com/product/nichts-neues-7-amphetamine-reptile-records)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: FartLips on November 10, 2013, 06:53:20 PM
Quote from: PorcoRosso on November 08, 2013, 02:51:35 PM
Lame.
I get paid next week.
I am going to probably miss 5 melvins records at once .
and I can t justify 60 dollars or more for a seven inch after market prices.
rats !
you should just mail your paycheck to the melvins! :lol:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: PorcoRosso on November 10, 2013, 06:57:23 PM
Quote from: FartLips on November 10, 2013, 06:53:20 PM
Quote from: PorcoRosso on November 08, 2013, 02:51:35 PM
Lame.
I get paid next week.
I am going to probably miss 5 melvins records at once .
and I can t justify 60 dollars or more for a seven inch after market prices.
rats !
you should just mail your paycheck to the melvins! :lol:

Come amrep record release days , that is sure what it feels like !  :?
Oh well,
I was able to swing it somehow.
got some cool records coming my way !  :)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on November 10, 2013, 07:19:22 PM
Quote from: DeeSonyaChin on November 10, 2013, 06:19:27 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 10, 2013, 06:14:51 PM
all you guys make out good?

Yes!  Wasn't fast enough to grab die nerven 7.  It must have been gone in 2 seconds!!

Amazing, at least the clown singles and the split with Helmet are still in stock for now.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on November 10, 2013, 08:38:07 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddd... they're all gone.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on November 11, 2013, 03:21:57 AM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 10, 2013, 06:20:39 PM
Quote from: DeeSonyaChin on November 10, 2013, 06:19:27 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 10, 2013, 06:14:51 PM
all you guys make out good?

Yes!  Wasn't fast enough to grab die nerven 7.  It must have been gone in 2 seconds!!

get em from the band here

http://dienerven.bigcartel.com/product/nichts-neues-7-amphetamine-reptile-records (http://dienerven.bigcartel.com/product/nichts-neues-7-amphetamine-reptile-records)

Thanks! Missed it in shoxop. Typing took much time.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 11:11:31 AM
godflesh, you should have said, id have picked you up die nerven from show, art edition too for any big spenders ha.
they will show online soon no doubt as there was certainly left overs at the show.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 11, 2013, 11:19:51 AM
Quote from: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 11:11:31 AM
godflesh, you should have said, id have picked you up die nerven from show, art edition too for any big spenders ha.
they will show online soon no doubt as there was certainly left overs at the show.

do you know how many art editions were made?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on November 11, 2013, 11:43:32 AM
Quote from: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 11:11:31 AM
godflesh, you should have said, id have picked you up die nerven from show, art edition too for any big spenders ha.
they will show online soon no doubt as there was certainly left overs at the show.

I'm not sure why my brain skipped a peg at that point.
I'll try to get one when the leftovers come.

Well, the GWA and Melvins were the priority, so I'm not complaining.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Buckwheat on November 11, 2013, 03:20:52 PM
Quote from: Godflesh on November 11, 2013, 11:43:32 AM
Quote from: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 11:11:31 AM
godflesh, you should have said, id have picked you up die nerven from show, art edition too for any big spenders ha.
they will show online soon no doubt as there was certainly left overs at the show.

I'm not sure why my brain skipped a peg at that point.
I'll try to get one when the leftovers come.

Well, the GWA and Melvins were the priority, so I'm not complaining.
you should have no problem getting the Gwa, I will try to post updates here before they go on sale.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 04:33:44 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 11, 2013, 11:19:51 AM
Quote from: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 11:11:31 AM
godflesh, you should have said, id have picked you up die nerven from show, art edition too for any big spenders ha.
they will show online soon no doubt as there was certainly left overs at the show.

do you know how many art editions were made?

50 art editions,
haze hand numbered them as he sold them. and signed them etc,
i took numbers one two and three.
and only number 3 is addressed to me.

(http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yvPh5BQsFbE/UnldFBsSD0I/AAAAAAAAAgk/1yIPQsoLLUk/s320/DSC02447.JPG)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 11, 2013, 04:39:02 PM
Quote from: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 04:33:44 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 11, 2013, 11:19:51 AM
Quote from: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 11:11:31 AM
godflesh, you should have said, id have picked you up die nerven from show, art edition too for any big spenders ha.
they will show online soon no doubt as there was certainly left overs at the show.

do you know how many art editions were made?

50 art editions,
haze hand numbered them as he sold them. and signed them etc,
i took numbers one two and three.
and only number 3 is addressed to me.

(http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yvPh5BQsFbE/UnldFBsSD0I/AAAAAAAAAgk/1yIPQsoLLUk/s320/DSC02447.JPG)

Awesome dude! And thanks for the info

....and price? :anonymous:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 04:42:36 PM
1500 euros.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Buckwheat on November 11, 2013, 04:43:48 PM
Quote from: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 04:42:36 PM
1500 euros.
you told me 2500 quid!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 04:48:08 PM
whats a quid.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Buckwheat on November 11, 2013, 04:52:43 PM
Those tentacle thingys that live under the 'ea?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: oldernie on November 11, 2013, 04:54:05 PM
and people let you buy rekords with them?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 11, 2013, 04:58:07 PM
 :lol:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Rev. Mike on November 13, 2013, 11:50:25 PM
(http://i41.tinypic.com/5y9as.jpg)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 14, 2013, 03:26:40 AM
Quote from: Rev. Mike on November 13, 2013, 11:50:25 PM
(http://i41.tinypic.com/5y9as.jpg)

are those the not online versions?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 14, 2013, 07:33:12 AM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 14, 2013, 03:26:40 AM

are those the not online versions?
No sir, they are different versions, most likely the tour only versions.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Rev. Mike on November 14, 2013, 08:44:38 AM
I don't know how/when the tri-colors will be sold and I was assured that is the more limited version of the Helmet split. Helmet got half of the 200(?).
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: PorcoRosso on November 14, 2013, 09:46:30 PM
Quote from: Buckwheat on November 11, 2013, 04:52:43 PM
Those tentacle thingys that live under the 'ea?
mmmmmmmmm ,
tasty !
Up here in canada we use em as legal tender too ,
we feeds em to the polar bears we ride around on or just cookem on a stick for a snack ourselves sometimes.
I also used to sell the ink on street corners to Calligraphy junkies needing a fix. 
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: johnnyg on November 18, 2013, 10:23:57 PM
My favorite tracks were Bowie, Roxy, and Queen.

Any word on those? Are the Roxy and Bowie songs going to be split in half, across two sides?

Any word on Queen? Seven seas of Rhye would be awesome. So would We will rock you/we are the champions. Actually, pretty much any pre-1981 Queen song would rule, Dragon Attack included.

Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: anaconda on November 18, 2013, 10:30:56 PM
i'm gonna listen to The Game specifically becuz of that post!!  :P
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: WGB on November 19, 2013, 10:34:57 AM
Maybe it's a studio version of this

THE MELVINS "now im here" (Queen cover) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0jW-9tjA-Q#)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on November 19, 2013, 10:44:11 AM
  :D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: hatefulbread on November 19, 2013, 03:37:16 PM
Quote from: WGB on November 19, 2013, 10:34:57 AM
Maybe it's a studio version of this

THE MELVINS "now im here" (Queen cover) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0jW-9tjA-Q#)




a little (Tweak)Bird told me it was!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Buckwheat on November 19, 2013, 04:03:39 PM
Quote from: hatefulbread on November 19, 2013, 03:37:16 PM
Quote from: WGB on November 19, 2013, 10:34:57 AM
Maybe it's a studio version of this

THE MELVINS "now im here" (Queen cover) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0jW-9tjA-Q#)




a little (Tweak)Bird told me it was!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool beans.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: WGB on November 20, 2013, 04:15:16 AM
Well that was a lucky guess
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 23, 2013, 12:22:55 PM
i forgot about this guy, this makes 10 clowns

http://www.shoxop.com/products/the-deaf-january-residency-poster (http://www.shoxop.com/products/the-deaf-january-residency-poster)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on November 23, 2013, 01:16:37 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 23, 2013, 12:22:55 PM
i forgot about this guy, this makes 10 clowns

http://www.shoxop.com/products/the-deaf-january-residency-poster (http://www.shoxop.com/products/the-deaf-january-residency-poster)
The prototype!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: WGB on November 24, 2013, 06:59:24 PM
Next one is Roxy music, only one side, the other is blank. Fisting the fan base
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: PorcoRosso on November 24, 2013, 11:24:30 PM
Quote from: WGB on November 24, 2013, 06:59:24 PM
Next one is Roxy music, only one side, the other is blank. Fisting the fan base

Hopefully it sells for half price then !
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: rimb on November 25, 2013, 07:33:39 PM
Roxy Music 7" on sale Sunday @ "6pm(ish) Central Time U.S."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151933562455939 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151933562455939)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on November 25, 2013, 07:35:49 PM
Quote from: DAYSTAR on November 24, 2013, 07:34:03 PM
Quote from: WGB on November 24, 2013, 06:59:24 PM
Next one is Roxy music, only one side, the other is blank. Fisting the fan base

B-side is Pure Digital Silence remix.

Wouldn't it be Pure Analog Silence?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on November 25, 2013, 08:44:18 PM
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q88/s720x720/1463148_10151933562455939_534080608_n.jpg)

DAMN!
Any official info about the B-side?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 25, 2013, 09:07:43 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 25, 2013, 08:44:18 PM
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q88/s720x720/1463148_10151933562455939_534080608_n.jpg)

DAMN!
Any official info about the B-side?
It's blank.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on November 25, 2013, 09:15:57 PM
Good, I was starting to worry about a possible exclusive song.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 25, 2013, 09:48:47 PM
Will be sold around 6:00 pm central time, this sunday, on the shoxop site.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on November 26, 2013, 07:51:20 AM
 :D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on November 26, 2013, 09:00:21 AM
When these Clowns of the Apocalypse have been wrapped up, hows about a Skelingtons of Armageddon Series?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Yanayaya on November 26, 2013, 07:25:03 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 25, 2013, 09:07:43 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 25, 2013, 08:44:18 PM
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q88/s720x720/1463148_10151933562455939_534080608_n.jpg)

DAMN!
Any official info about the B-side?
It's blank.

I smell a rat!!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: PorcoRosso on November 28, 2013, 07:54:57 PM
One tune for 25 smackers plus shipping,
I sure am on the fence about this one.
Guess I still have a few days of waffling .
Was not really into roxy music to begin with .
But my vinyl addiction may over rule common sense .
torn I tells ya, just torn .
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Mount Ambulance on November 28, 2013, 08:05:43 PM
Quote from: PorcoRosso on November 28, 2013, 07:54:57 PM
One tune for 25 smackers plus shipping,
I sure am on the fence about this one.
Guess I still have a few days of waffling .
Was not really into roxy music to begin with .
But my vinyl addiction may over rule common sense .
torn I tells ya, just torn .

Best clown of the bunch ... look at that mug ... total winner!

If I had the squid I'd take the plunge ...

But yeah as you say the dive is pretty deep ...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: TosT on November 28, 2013, 10:41:59 PM
have to pass on this one
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 29, 2013, 03:36:07 AM
 :D

Those Dumb Punk Kids (Will Buy Anything)


Those Dumb Punk Kids... - Jello Biafra & The Melvins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mySo3KfF_RE#)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dumpster D on November 29, 2013, 05:23:35 AM
Calling it as you see it.  8)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 29, 2013, 07:01:13 AM
Your world as I see it


http://youtu.be/uVTrkY4rgO0 (http://youtu.be/uVTrkY4rgO0)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dan_Halen on November 30, 2013, 09:09:54 AM
I am bummed by no a B-Side but the beauty of the art and vinyl is the deciding factor telling me I must have this! Also there's the voice in my head that keeps telling me ," Jon, you're gonna feel really dumb with only 8 clowns when it's a 9 clown apocalypse!!!"
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 30, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on November 30, 2013, 09:09:54 AM
I am bummed by no a B-Side but the beauty of the art and vinyl is the deciding factor telling me I must have this! Also there's the voice in my head that keeps telling me ," Jon, you're gonna feel really dumb with only 8 clowns when it's a 9 clown apocalypse!!!"
This one has my favourite clown , i hope the Bowie one has a b-side
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dan_Halen on November 30, 2013, 09:38:41 AM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on November 30, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on November 30, 2013, 09:09:54 AM
I am bummed by no a B-Side but the beauty of the art and vinyl is the deciding factor telling me I must have this! Also there's the voice in my head that keeps telling me ," Jon, you're gonna feel really dumb with only 8 clowns when it's a 9 clown apocalypse!!!"
This one has my favourite clown , i hope the Bowie one has a b-side

Me too, that Bowie is one of my favorite covers on Sausages. That and The Queen  Cover, hope that one has a b-side too, but i think i read somewhere that it def does. :D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 01, 2013, 05:30:19 PM
30 min  :excited: :excited: :excited:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on December 01, 2013, 05:35:43 PM
 :buzz:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 01, 2013, 05:38:22 PM
THEY ARE UP NOW!!!!!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Ducksopinion on December 01, 2013, 05:52:25 PM
Finally! I bagged some records and didn't fall asleep only to be at the mercy of eBay flippers...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Tyronehell on December 01, 2013, 06:07:02 PM
Is the Roxy Music 7" the only new single that they listing tonight?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Idlehanz on December 01, 2013, 06:08:45 PM
Quote from: Tyronehell on December 01, 2013, 06:07:02 PM
Is the Roxy Music 7" the only new single that they listing tonight?
The only new Melvins single. I think some more Die Nerven were put up, but sold quick.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on December 01, 2013, 07:10:59 PM
Wow, that was cool and very unexpected, I didn't know they were going to put on sale again The Kinks tribute, the Pop-O-Pies/Tales Of Terror tribute and the Helmet split along with the Roxy Music single.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: PorcoRosso on December 01, 2013, 07:14:04 PM
Gave in,
bought one,  :facepalm:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on March 11, 2014, 09:43:44 AM
DAMN, TEST PRESSINGS!!!!

David Bowie
(https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/10002955_10152250495782040_1032427894_n.jpg)

Queen
(https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31/q71/s720x720/1617625_10152250492992040_1296646746_o.jpg)

https://www.facebook.com/amphetaminereptile/posts/10152250497357040 (https://www.facebook.com/amphetaminereptile/posts/10152250497357040)

Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on March 11, 2014, 09:48:11 AM
I asked about the B-sides of the new ones, AmRep's reply: "Yes, both have unreleased b-side, but we'll get to that next month".
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dan_Halen on March 12, 2014, 06:49:53 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 11, 2014, 09:48:11 AM
I asked about the B-sides of the new ones, AmRep's reply: "Yes, both have unreleased b-side, but we'll get to that next month".

Nice!!! Queen and Bowie, the two I was looking forward to most!!! :D

Can't wait to hear the B-Sides. So far Victoria has been my favorite but they all kick ass!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 14, 2014, 08:34:27 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on March 14, 2014, 07:32:18 PM
   I'd really like to get some recorded versions of those as well!
Same here.  I'd even take a release of the live show version of graveyard, from the New York show with Gibby.. so so good.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Melvivs_Fan on March 15, 2014, 04:56:30 AM
Came across this image

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain CoryCory on March 15, 2014, 12:54:21 PM
Seems like the only way they could get away with a b-side there is if the did a double 7"
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Leroy on March 15, 2014, 04:40:03 PM
i checked the amrep website and they are all sold out.  i wish they had released more copies
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: andi on April 03, 2014, 02:16:40 PM
Dropdate for 2 new clowns will be anounced next week.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on April 03, 2014, 04:48:02 PM
I hope they will "announce" the date instead of just put them for sale right away like they did with King Buzzo's 10 inch.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on April 03, 2014, 04:55:33 PM
Quote from: andi on April 03, 2014, 02:16:40 PM
Dropdate for 2 new clowns will be anounced next week.
You have the best av. in the world.   :D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on April 03, 2014, 05:40:18 PM
Quote from: andi on April 03, 2014, 02:16:40 PM
Dropdate for 2 new clowns will be anounced next week.

Schweet!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Alex- on April 07, 2014, 04:34:47 PM
On Sale Tuesday (3/8 5:30-ISH Central) at shoxop.com

David Bowie and Queen tributes
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on April 07, 2014, 04:37:49 PM
Quote from: Alex- on April 07, 2014, 04:34:47 PM
On Sale Tuesday (3/8 5:30-ISH Central) at shoxop.com

David Bowie and Queen tributes
That's 1730 before anyone asks.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on April 07, 2014, 04:39:37 PM
Quote from: jules on April 07, 2014, 04:37:49 PM
Quote from: Alex- on April 07, 2014, 04:34:47 PM
On Sale Tuesday (3/8 5:30-ISH Central) at shoxop.com

David Bowie and Queen tributes
That's 1730 before anyone asks.
Can you break it up into individual time zones as well (says the guy who lives in central timezone)?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on April 07, 2014, 04:40:39 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on April 07, 2014, 04:39:37 PM
Quote from: jules on April 07, 2014, 04:37:49 PM
Quote from: Alex- on April 07, 2014, 04:34:47 PM
On Sale Tuesday (3/8 5:30-ISH Central) at shoxop.com

David Bowie and Queen tributes
That's 1730 before anyone asks.
Can you break it up into individual time zones as well (says the guy who lives in central timezone)?
:lol:

I love this bit!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: rictus on April 07, 2014, 04:53:21 PM
Does '3/8' mean March 8th? Because it's April.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on April 07, 2014, 05:01:58 PM
Quote from: rictus on April 07, 2014, 04:53:21 PM
Does '3/8' mean March 8th? Because it's April.
(shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!)   :lol:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: deatheats on April 07, 2014, 05:03:18 PM
Thanks, as always, for keeping the board in the loop!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: rictus on April 07, 2014, 05:03:52 PM
Quote from: jules on April 07, 2014, 05:01:58 PM
Quote from: rictus on April 07, 2014, 04:53:21 PM
Does '3/8' mean March 8th? Because it's April.
(sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!)

Am I gonna need one of these?

(http://jezzbean.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/back-to-the-future-delorean-time-machine-6.jpg)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on April 07, 2014, 05:06:08 PM
Quote from: rictus on April 07, 2014, 05:03:52 PM
Am I gonna need one of these?
Nah, I already got you your clowns, they're on their way. It WAS March after all!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: rictus on April 07, 2014, 05:10:46 PM
Quote from: jules on April 07, 2014, 05:06:08 PM
Quote from: rictus on April 07, 2014, 05:03:52 PM
Am I gonna need one of these?
Nah, I already got you your clowns, they're on their way. It WAS March after all!

How long was I asleep yesterday!!??  :-s
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on April 07, 2014, 10:07:53 PM
oh man, and on top of that it's been almost 10 weeks since I ordered those two LPs from Learning Curve's webstore and nothing, I think the package got stolen in the mail.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: andi on April 08, 2014, 02:56:09 AM
Looks like there'll be no Buzzo 10"es???????? Damn, that sucks!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: rimb on April 08, 2014, 05:35:07 PM
Bowie & Queen 7 inches up now!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: deatheats on April 08, 2014, 05:37:32 PM
Preciousssssss!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on April 08, 2014, 05:37:51 PM
Both have b-sides!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Idlehanz on April 08, 2014, 05:38:59 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on April 08, 2014, 05:37:51 PM
Both have b-sides!

Yep

Bowie - Breaking Glass

Queen - Now i'm Here

Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: deatheats on April 08, 2014, 05:40:43 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on April 08, 2014, 05:38:59 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on April 08, 2014, 05:37:51 PM
Both have b-sides!

Yep

Bowie - Breaking Glass

Queen - Now i'm Here

Sweetness!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: WGB on April 08, 2014, 05:43:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3BMRxv6naI (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3BMRxv6naI)

Guessed this one right
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 08, 2014, 06:06:33 PM
Quote from: WGB on April 08, 2014, 05:43:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3BMRxv6naI (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3BMRxv6naI)

Guessed this one right
5 meowmeowbeanz for you!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: WGB on April 08, 2014, 06:11:37 PM
Thanks mum
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 08, 2014, 06:12:52 PM
 :lol:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on April 09, 2014, 12:08:58 AM
Hey guys, one small favor: as I said in previous posts, I bought The Kinks tribute single but I don't have the technology to rip "Victoria" to my computer (I tried but I can't remove that very noticeable hum noise in the background). Please, send me a private message to know if you can send me your rip of the song. Keep in mind that I truly own the vinyl but I can't record it properly to my computer. I uploaded a few photos below so you can see me with the single. Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: rimb on April 09, 2014, 12:23:29 AM
Would be great if these were made available digitally somehow (official or otherwise) as it's pretty frustrating to only have these available on very limited edition 7-inch singles.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on April 09, 2014, 03:30:40 AM
great b-sides indeed. 'now i'm here' rocks very hard on the 2x4 live recordings. i hope that buzzo is signing this one...

breaking glass will be fantastic too.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Idlehanz on April 09, 2014, 07:33:04 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on April 09, 2014, 03:30:40 AM
great b-sides indeed. 'now i'm here' rocks very hard on the 2x4 live recordings. i hope that buzzo is signing this one...



I'm betting you mean singing? Caleb sings Now I'm Here as well.

Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain CoryCory on April 09, 2014, 08:58:53 AM
Yeah, it's looking like this is gonna get finished before the Sugar Daddy series! TWO MORE TO GO (The Jam and Throbbing Gristle)!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on April 09, 2014, 09:09:10 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on April 09, 2014, 07:33:04 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on April 09, 2014, 03:30:40 AM
great b-sides indeed. 'now i'm here' rocks very hard on the 2x4 live recordings. i hope that buzzo is signing this one...



I'm betting you mean singing? Caleb sings Now I'm Here as well.
i wouldn't mind buzzo signing it, but yeah i meant singing.
thanks for the info anyway. i am curious to hear the songs.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on April 22, 2014, 11:23:12 AM
Queen Clown and Bowie Clown just arrived. Buddy, you too?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Alex- on April 22, 2014, 11:39:44 AM
Mine still haven't arrived, but I did got my Gay Witch Abortion record :|
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on April 22, 2014, 11:43:57 AM
Quote from: Alex- on April 22, 2014, 11:39:44 AM
Mine still haven't arrived, but I did got my Gay Witch Abortion record :|
Did you order them together? Surely not!

*Edit*  Oh yeah, I remember now. The GWA 7" was sold seperately.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Alex- on April 22, 2014, 12:31:22 PM
Yes it were two orders, but i've ordered the clowns like a minute later.

Please don't tell me there's also a GWA 7 inch that i've missed :)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on April 22, 2014, 12:34:22 PM
Queen and Bowie landed in Finland.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on April 22, 2014, 12:38:37 PM
not yet... they were expected for today.
we have the circus in town though, so maybe they had to make an appearence there first...
hopefully they will be here tomorrow.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on April 22, 2014, 12:49:48 PM
Quote from: Alex- on April 22, 2014, 12:31:22 PM
Yes it were two orders, but i've ordered the clowns like a minute later.

Please don't tell me there's also a GWA 7 inch that i've missed :)
Relax, my mistake!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on April 22, 2014, 10:10:47 PM
Damn, your post offices are indeed fast, Correos Chile is slow as a river of feces.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: WGB on April 23, 2014, 09:11:42 AM
Now I'm here sounds like Rush
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on April 23, 2014, 12:14:22 PM
got em today. great stuff as usual.
station to station remains my favourite of the whole clown affair so far.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dan_Halen on April 24, 2014, 09:04:01 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on April 23, 2014, 12:14:22 PM
got em today. great stuff as usual.
station to station remains my favourite of the whole clown affair so far.

I agree, and the b-side is killer too! (Prob cause I love Bowie!) @WGB- spot on I said the same thing about Caleb's vocals when I first heard it. Great tracks tho!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on April 24, 2014, 11:58:05 PM
I haven't heard the b-side, but so what if he has a high voice? He plays baritone guitar that sounds like your brain is being cooked at 1100 degrees. Then again, I am a Rush fan......
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dan_Halen on April 25, 2014, 06:25:36 AM
Quote from: meezer on April 24, 2014, 11:58:05 PM
I haven't heard the b-side, but so what if he has a high voice? He plays baritone guitar that sounds like your brain is being cooked at 1100 degrees. Then again, I am a Rush fan......

My comment wasn't meant to be taken as a criticism but more of a comparison. I love higher voices and really dig Caleb's vocals and his band. Never thought of Rush until I heard the Queen B-Side.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on April 25, 2014, 07:39:58 AM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on April 25, 2014, 06:25:36 AM
Quote from: meezer on April 24, 2014, 11:58:05 PM
I haven't heard the b-side, but so what if he has a high voice? He plays baritone guitar that sounds like your brain is being cooked at 1100 degrees. Then again, I am a Rush fan......

My comment wasn't meant to be taken as a criticism but more of a comparison. I love higher voices and really dig Caleb's vocals and his band. Never thought of Rush until I heard the Queen B-Side.
That's cool. I'm not mad.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: WGB on April 25, 2014, 07:58:14 AM
I like Rush too.  I wasn't expecting Caleb to be doing both sides, I figured the B-side to be Dale's moment.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Yanayaya on April 25, 2014, 08:16:55 AM
In my opinion Bowie is very difficult to cover.  He was such a part of my universe as a teenager.  Breaking Glass is completely amazing however.  I can't wait to give it a spin at my next party!!  Vive le Rock!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on April 25, 2014, 08:33:20 AM
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 25, 2014, 08:16:55 AM
In my opinion Bowie is very difficult to cover.  He was such a part of my universe as a teenager.  Breaking Glass is completely amazing however.  I can't wait to give it a spin at my next party!!  Vive le Rock!
I can't wait to hear Breaking Glass! Station To Station was my favorite track on Sausages (besides Female Troubles). But I have no $$ for all of this vinyl. I'll just have to check it out on YouTube. They had better release this on CD. That's how they get my $$$, since '94! :?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Alex- on May 01, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
More people that didn't recieved their clown singles yet? :( I already got my Gay Witch record (which I ordered the same day), and also my NYE poster but no clowns..

Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on May 01, 2014, 12:52:34 PM
Quote from: Alex- on May 01, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
More people that didn't recieved their clown singles yet? :( I already got my Gay Witch record (which I ordered the same day), and also my NYE poster but no clowns..
but you did get the confirmation email with the tracking number? can you get any info out of that?
i got mine like a week ago... i would write an email to rob from amrep if you don't get them by early next week.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on May 01, 2014, 03:41:29 PM
Quote from: Alex- on May 01, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
More people that didn't recieved their clown singles yet? :( I already got my Gay Witch record (which I ordered the same day), and also my NYE poster but no clowns..
Oh God, time to panic.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on May 01, 2014, 10:38:45 PM
Quote from: jules on May 01, 2014, 03:41:29 PM
Quote from: Alex- on May 01, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
More people that didn't recieved their clown singles yet? :( I already got my Gay Witch record (which I ordered the same day), and also my NYE poster but no clowns..
Oh God, time to panic.

oh come on, I still haven't received mine and I'm not worried at all, I'm used to wait for at least one month or two.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Alex- on May 03, 2014, 03:11:26 AM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 01, 2014, 10:38:45 PM
Quote from: jules on May 01, 2014, 03:41:29 PM
Quote from: Alex- on May 01, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
More people that didn't recieved their clown singles yet? :( I already got my Gay Witch record (which I ordered the same day), and also my NYE poster but no clowns..
Oh God, time to panic.

oh come on, I still haven't received mine and I'm not worried at all, I'm used to wait for at least one month or two.

I just think it's a bit strange that I did recieved the Gay Witch record but not the clowns..
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on May 15, 2014, 01:42:40 PM
My order arrived today!

One question: I know the Bowie single runs at 33 and the Queen is at 45, but I have a doubt about the b-side of the Bowie single, I had the strange feeling that "Breaking Glass" should be played at 45, I know it sounds stupid but anyway...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain CoryCory on May 15, 2014, 04:31:19 PM
So how muich of Station to Station (And while we're at it In Every Dream Home a Heartache) did they manage to squeeze in the vinyl?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Mount Ambulance on May 15, 2014, 04:39:31 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 15, 2014, 01:42:40 PM
My order arrived today!

One question: I know the Bowie single runs at 33 and the Queen is at 45, but I have a doubt about the b-side of the Bowie single, I had the strange feeling that "Breaking Glass" should be played at 45, I know it sounds stupid but anyway...

you should play all 33s at 45 and visa versa ...

used to spin Gluey at 45 ...

and Napalm Death's "Scum" at 16 ...

those were the days.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: spunkmonkey on May 15, 2014, 04:45:03 PM
(http://distilleryimage1.ak.instagram.com/ce05cf22eb6511e29dc322000a1f9c8f_7.jpg)

Woulda been kind of neat if they had a different artist do each cover.......

:later: 
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Mount Ambulance on May 15, 2014, 04:49:06 PM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on May 15, 2014, 04:45:03 PM
Woulda been kind of neat if they had a different artist do each cover.......

:later:

hahahaha!!!

you should get Uncle Danny to write your lines for ya ...

he'll keep ya outta trouble ... he's that good.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: spunkmonkey on May 15, 2014, 05:05:53 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on May 15, 2014, 04:49:06 PM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on May 15, 2014, 04:45:03 PM
Woulda been kind of neat if they had a different artist do each cover.......

:later:

hahahaha!!!

you should get Uncle Danny to write your lines for ya ...

he'll keep ya outta trouble ... he's that good.

hmmmmmm.... that's odd.  I've know Dan for around 30 years, and all he's ever done is get me INTO trouble.  8)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on May 15, 2014, 05:40:10 PM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on May 15, 2014, 04:31:19 PM
So how muich of Station to Station (And while we're at it In Every Dream Home a Heartache) did they manage to squeeze in the vinyl?

A lot, if you compare it to the CD the song starts around 02:12 and ends with a fade out somewhere around 08:00... could be more or less than that, I'm not so sure since I only listened to the A-side of both singles twice.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on June 02, 2014, 12:55:07 PM
bowie/queen singles combo are available now on shoxop!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Buckwheat on June 02, 2014, 01:15:52 PM
Woo wee woo thank you buddy holiday,
Woo wee woo, and you're Mary Tyler Moore!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: deatheats on June 02, 2014, 01:16:46 PM
That's sure nice for those folks round here who missed it the first time around.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: the bloat on August 28, 2014, 07:59:27 PM
Does anyone have a decent rip of the Queen cover "Now I'm Here"? I know it's been out for awhile. Love that tune. Would like to hear a clear recording of it.

Thanks to anyone that can help!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Idlehanz on August 28, 2014, 08:00:14 PM
Quote from: the bloat on August 28, 2014, 07:59:27 PM
Does anyone have a decent rip of the Queen cover "Now I'm Here"? I know it's been out for awhile. Love that tune. Would like to hear a clear recording of it.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

In the same boat.  I have the records, but my receiver took a shit on me.  Really REALLY love this cover.

On that note, I had no idea they did this live years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3BMRxv6naI
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: the bloat on November 18, 2014, 10:08:52 PM
Thought I'd give this another bump - since these have been out for awhile (and possibly circulating in an unknown nether-region of the Melvins universe that I don't know about)

... please, suh, Kinks, Queen or Bowie b-sides for the poor?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on November 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM
Quote from: the bloat on November 18, 2014, 10:08:52 PM
Thought I'd give this another bump - since these have been out for awhile (and possibly circulating in an unknown nether-region of the Melvins universe that I don't know about)

... please, suh, Kinks, Queen or Bowie b-sides for the poor?
The Queen edition was for sale at King Buzzo shows and the Melvins show, last month.
I got the Bowie one in Tucson, in July. Just sayin.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on November 18, 2014, 11:54:35 PM
2 more... I hope they come out soonly.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on November 19, 2014, 06:08:01 AM
Quote from: ZILLA on November 18, 2014, 11:54:35 PM
2 more... I hope they come out soonly.

These 2 and the last sugar daddy.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on November 19, 2014, 08:40:32 AM
Quote from: the bloat on November 18, 2014, 10:08:52 PM
Thought I'd give this another bump - since these have been out for awhile (and possibly circulating in an unknown nether-region of the Melvins universe that I don't know about)

... please, suh, Kinks, Queen or Bowie b-sides for the poor?

Tweak Bird uploaded "Now I'm Here" to their page on tumblr:

https://www.tumblr.com/search/tweak+bird

My brother-in-law has one of those Crosley portable turntables with USB port, this one (in brown):

http://www.crosleyradio.com/ProductDetail?Cat=2&pk=CR6249A&colorID=0

It's pretty but is not good since it doesn't play the records at the right speed so the pitch is a little bit different (and by that I mean faster.... or is it higher? I don't know). I've been trying to edit the songs in order to get the correct pitch but I'm not very sure.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on November 19, 2014, 08:45:01 AM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 19, 2014, 08:40:32 AM

My brother-in-law has one of those Crosley portable turntables with USB port, this one (in brown):

http://www.crosleyradio.com/ProductDetail?Cat=2&pk=CR6249A&colorID=0

It's pretty but is not good since it doesn't play the records at the right speed so the pitch is a little bit different (and by that I mean faster.... or is it higher? I don't know). I've been trying to edit the songs in order to get the correct pitch but I'm not very sure.
I've given up on trying to play 45's on the one i snagged from my mom.
they sound all wonky.  :?
I should try a 78 on there. It's probably the only speed that works with much accuracy.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bro Hammer on November 20, 2014, 10:42:18 PM
Quote from: meezer on April 25, 2014, 08:33:20 AM
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 25, 2014, 08:16:55 AM
In my opinion Bowie is very difficult to cover.  He was such a part of my universe as a teenager.  Breaking Glass is completely amazing however.  I can't wait to give it a spin at my next party!!  Vive le Rock!
I can't wait to hear Breaking Glass! Station To Station was my favorite track on Sausages (besides Female Troubles). But I have no $$ for all of this vinyl. I'll just have to check it out on YouTube. They had better release this on CD. That's how they get my $$$, since '94! :?

See this is what I don't get. So if you can't afford the vinyl well fuck you then. How hard would it be to put these up on Bandcamp and charge $5 or whatever so people (like me) who can't afford this shit but would really, really like to hear and own the music can still get it and enjoy it.
I get it. The 7" are pieces of art. Hand printed, hand carved and beautiful vinyl but what if I don't give a shit about any of that stuff and just want the music! It's infuriating! :x
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: rimb on November 20, 2014, 10:55:28 PM
Quote from: Bro Hammer on November 20, 2014, 10:42:18 PM
Quote from: meezer on April 25, 2014, 08:33:20 AM
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 25, 2014, 08:16:55 AM
In my opinion Bowie is very difficult to cover.  He was such a part of my universe as a teenager.  Breaking Glass is completely amazing however.  I can't wait to give it a spin at my next party!!  Vive le Rock!
I can't wait to hear Breaking Glass! Station To Station was my favorite track on Sausages (besides Female Troubles). But I have no $$ for all of this vinyl. I'll just have to check it out on YouTube. They had better release this on CD. That's how they get my $$$, since '94! :?

See this is what I don't get. So if you can't afford the vinyl well fuck you then. How hard would it be to put these up on Bandcamp and charge $5 or whatever so people (like me) who can't afford this shit but would really, really like to hear and own the music can still get it and enjoy it.
I get it. The 7" are pieces of art. Hand printed, hand carved and beautiful vinyl but what if I don't give a shit about any of that stuff and just want the music! It's infuriating! :x

100% agree.

I think it's part of the old school, "collector" attitude of the label and the community that supports them unfortunately.

At least the downloads that look like they're coming with the reissues on Third Man records are a step in the right direction.

Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Snivlemdotcom on November 20, 2014, 11:12:33 PM
patience is a virtue.

Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bro Hammer on November 20, 2014, 11:21:04 PM
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 20, 2014, 11:12:33 PM
patience is a virtue.

A virtue unfortunately most people don't have these days. Myself included. But I will take this as good news and will be impatiently awaiting the goodness.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on December 09, 2014, 08:23:07 PM
I know Haze is busy and junk and I love Bride 10" and nightgoat reissue and I am stoked for Dope Guns..., but for a slightly OCD collector I need twomo Clownz.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: brian on December 10, 2014, 09:18:23 AM
Quote from: ZILLA on December 09, 2014, 08:23:07 PM
I know Haze is busy and junk and I love Bride 10" and nightgoat reissue and I am stoked for Dope Guns..., but for a slightly OCD collector I need twomo Clownz.
interesting ideas are being kicked around at amrep headquarters, especially for the throbbing gristle one. they'll be out in 2015 for sure
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on December 10, 2014, 09:35:16 PM
Quote from: brian on December 10, 2014, 09:18:23 AM
Quote from: ZILLA on December 09, 2014, 08:23:07 PM
I know Haze is busy and junk and I love Bride 10" and nightgoat reissue and I am stoked for Dope Guns..., but for a slightly OCD collector I need twomo Clownz.
interesting ideas are being kicked around at amrep headquarters, especially for the throbbing gristle one. they'll be out in 2015 for sure

Thank you Brian.
:D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 12, 2015, 04:57:29 PM
Quote from: ZILLA on December 10, 2014, 09:35:16 PM
Quote from: brian on December 10, 2014, 09:18:23 AM
Quote from: ZILLA on December 09, 2014, 08:23:07 PM
I know Haze is busy and junk and I love Bride 10" and nightgoat reissue and I am stoked for Dope Guns..., but for a slightly OCD collector I need twomo Clownz.
interesting ideas are being kicked around at amrep headquarters, especially for the throbbing gristle one. they'll be out in 2015 for sure

Thank you Brian.
:D

:shock:
:excited:

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10968487_10153021619682040_7676118007227391008_n.jpg?oh=addd05a0bd52e4dea52c0c9ebd1b294e&oe=5548CE40&__gda__=1432491839_ed676566f73bd776eb0c8a10d1c013ae)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on February 12, 2015, 06:49:30 PM
C?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on February 12, 2015, 08:29:02 PM
I can't play flexi discs on my turntable since the needle starts to jump (and no, I can't tape a nickel to it like Haze ironically suggested).
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: anaconda on February 12, 2015, 08:32:46 PM
Put a regular record on underneath the flexi. Voila!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on February 12, 2015, 08:39:43 PM
Quote from: anaconda on February 12, 2015, 08:32:46 PM
Put a regular record on underneath the flexi. Voila!

I did that a while ago with the only flexi disc in my house... it didn't work :( but I'm absolutely committed to get the last two clowns so I'm going to order the flexi anyway (although apparently is a bonus record). I hope that some of you guys will rip the flexi if I fail.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on February 13, 2015, 01:56:51 AM
very cool news!
flexis are a love/hate thing.... i love them because they are so cheaply done and you got them with magazines in the old days... but i hate them because they tend to skip.
my "billy fish" does not run always smoothly  :(
my "your blessened" and "yuthanagia" run fine though...

yeah hopefully this is included in the TG 7" as a bonus.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dan_Halen on February 13, 2015, 06:20:14 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on February 13, 2015, 01:56:51 AM


yeah hopefully this is included in the TG 7" as a bonus.

you are correct sir
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on February 13, 2015, 04:09:13 PM
Finally some closure!  :D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: GrimReaper on February 15, 2015, 06:31:17 AM

Someone should post a picture of the whole set spread out on the floor.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on February 15, 2015, 08:41:05 AM
Quote from: ZILLA on February 13, 2015, 04:09:13 PM
closure
:lol:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on February 22, 2015, 08:09:32 AM
The final two Clowns aren't far away now. Throbbing Gristle Clown will come with a one-sided flexi (I think) and The Jam Clown isn't far behind.

The tour edition of The Jam Clown at least should be on sale at The Color of Noise showing in Brooklyn and at the Helmet Bash at Grumpys.


(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/AKV126C001/Jam_zps947c9cab.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/AKV126C001/Jam_zps947c9cab.jpg.html)

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10968487_10153021619682040_7676118007227391008_n.jpg?oh=addd05a0bd52e4dea52c0c9ebd1b294e&oe=5548CE40&__gda__=1432491839_ed676566f73bd776eb0c8a10d1c013ae)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on February 22, 2015, 10:45:37 PM
Hell yeah!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on February 23, 2015, 06:53:16 AM
Is there gonna be a "tour" variant of flexi?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on February 23, 2015, 12:57:07 PM
(https://scontent-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10845775_10153047962612040_2940868784088091318_o.jpg)

Modern... Modern... I don't know The Jam so I have no idea about the complete title of the B-Side.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: brian on February 23, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR7nzsD7d0Q
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: anaconda on February 23, 2015, 05:08:35 PM
Great tune!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on March 15, 2015, 12:56:49 PM
monday mar 16th 2pm (cst).
good luck!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on March 15, 2015, 01:18:03 PM
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11046531_10153094123107040_6322682777477024873_n.jpg?oh=7fed60cb9dde6bf7216ed71905a8a958&oe=55890467&__gda__=1433612657_a3560f183e60353ad2bcf53009204be7)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: brian on March 15, 2015, 01:26:12 PM
(http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/images/thumb/6/69/CompleteClownSetFront.JPG/600px-CompleteClownSetFront.JPG)

(http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/images/thumb/d/db/CompleteClownSetBack.JPG/600px-CompleteClownSetBack.JPG)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on March 15, 2015, 01:40:29 PM
 :buzz:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on March 16, 2015, 01:58:53 PM
Get em now or cry later, they are up baby!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:09:56 PM
(http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0113/7252/products/thob_grist_online_pic_1024x1024.jpg?v=1426526214)

Black vinyl with white and red splatters, nice.

(http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0113/7252/products/Jam_Trib_online_1024x1024.jpg?v=1426526166)

It looks a lot like the one from The Kinks tribute (minus the white splatter, of course).
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:18:17 PM
Quote from: Captain Howdy on March 16, 2015, 02:13:16 PM
Quote from: ZILLA on March 16, 2015, 01:58:53 PM
Get em now or cry later, they are up baby!

Can I cry right now?  :cry:

They're still up and yes they're expensive as fuck but damn it, we all knew that since the beginning when Haze sold the first batch.

By the way... there are far more tracks listed on the TG single than the ones mentioned before.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:18:17 PM
By the way... there are far more tracks listed on the TG single than the ones mentioned before.

Only the top 3 tracks listed on the back are on the release, the other songs might come out at a later date
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on March 16, 2015, 02:25:03 PM
 :D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 16, 2015, 02:28:46 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:18:17 PM
By the way... there are far more tracks listed on the TG single than the ones mentioned before.

Only the top 3 tracks listed on the back are on the release, the other songs might come out at a later date
Did you get a chance to listen to it yet?  What did you think??
I can't wait!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:30:07 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:18:17 PM
By the way... there are far more tracks listed on the TG single than the ones mentioned before.

Only the top 3 tracks listed on the back are on the release, the other songs might come out at a later date

Sorry but that makes no sense, why would they include those titles if they're not actually there?
Are they going to include them as a digital download?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:37:39 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:30:07 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:18:17 PM
By the way... there are far more tracks listed on the TG single than the ones mentioned before.

Only the top 3 tracks listed on the back are on the release, the other songs might come out at a later date

Sorry but that makes no sense, why would they include those titles if they're not actually there?
Probably to piss people off to the point of committing heinous acts of violence, I mean they are trying to pay tribute to Throbbing Gristle aren't they?

Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:30:07 PM
Are they going to include them as a digital download?
Not likely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om8MuokqmRQ
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:42:51 PM
That Throbbing Gristle single is going to be weird as hell.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:53:27 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 16, 2015, 02:28:46 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:18:17 PM
By the way... there are far more tracks listed on the TG single than the ones mentioned before.

Only the top 3 tracks listed on the back are on the release, the other songs might come out at a later date
Did you get a chance to listen to it yet?  What did you think??
I can't wait!
It's great stuff! These tracks were a Buzz/Void Manes collaboration. Pick up his tape while you're still in the mood to spend money! https://voidmanes.bandcamp.com/

Should also mention that The Jam 7" B-side is also great, Haze's accent is spot on!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: deatheats on March 16, 2015, 02:58:37 PM
Damn...been so busy this morning I forgot to check the board.
I take it they are all sold out at this point.

Ugh, any other day and it wouldn't have been an issue :(
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 03:01:48 PM
By the way, according to Haze there was a problem with SHOXOP, that explains the lack of a more reasonable overseas shipping option... almost 38 bucks is a lot for just two singles and one-sided flexi single disc shipped to Chile.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on March 16, 2015, 03:07:05 PM
Turns out it was the curse of Spinal Tap. All overseas orders will be refunded to the actual cost of shipping, but it might take a couple of days.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on March 16, 2015, 03:57:50 PM
Quote from: jules on March 16, 2015, 03:07:05 PM
Turns out it was the curse of Spinal Tap. All overseas orders will be refunded to the actual cost of shipping, but it might take a couple of days.
cool thanks - and i almost thought i would need to start complaing and bitching on here too... :lol:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 16, 2015, 07:36:35 PM
These will be on sale once more, tomorrow, at 6pm. central time.

http://www.shoxop.com/collections/brand-spanking-new
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: deatheats on March 16, 2015, 07:49:03 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 16, 2015, 07:36:35 PM
These will be on sale once more, tomorrow, at 6pm. central time.

Thanks BHM!!!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: rimb on March 16, 2015, 07:49:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up.  Missed the on-sale today.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bro Hammer on March 16, 2015, 08:28:33 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:37:39 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:30:07 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:18:17 PM
By the way... there are far more tracks listed on the TG single than the ones mentioned before.

Only the top 3 tracks listed on the back are on the release, the other songs might come out at a later date

Sorry but that makes no sense, why would they include those titles if they're not actually there?
Probably to piss people off to the point of committing heinous acts of violence, I mean they are trying to pay tribute to Throbbing Gristle aren't they?

So what are the tracks that are actually on there. Heathen Earth and what? I feel like I've heard enough covers of Subhuman and Discipline in my life. I'd really like to hear their take on Hamburger Lady or Zyklon B Zombie though!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: brian on March 16, 2015, 08:37:22 PM
Quote from: Bro Hammer on March 16, 2015, 08:28:33 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:37:39 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:30:07 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:18:17 PM
By the way... there are far more tracks listed on the TG single than the ones mentioned before.

Only the top 3 tracks listed on the back are on the release, the other songs might come out at a later date

Sorry but that makes no sense, why would they include those titles if they're not actually there?
Probably to piss people off to the point of committing heinous acts of violence, I mean they are trying to pay tribute to Throbbing Gristle aren't they?

So what are the tracks that are actually on there. Heathen Earth and what? I feel like I've heard enough covers of Subhuman and Discipline in my life. I'd really like to hear their take on Hamburger Lady or Zyklon B Zombie though!
Subhuman is the A-side and Hamburger Lady is the flexi
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 17, 2015, 06:01:01 PM
The last two singles are up at shoxop.
Do a search for 'throbbing' and 'jam'.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: deatheats on March 17, 2015, 06:01:38 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 17, 2015, 06:01:01 PM
The last two singles are up at shoxop.

Thanks again!!! You seriously made my day yesterday with your post.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 17, 2015, 06:02:13 PM
Glad you got it!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Peebot on March 17, 2015, 06:11:49 PM
make sure you search or go to the main homepage, 'cause the Throbbing Gristle one isn't showing up in the "Brand Spanking New" shop for some reason.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bro Hammer on March 18, 2015, 05:21:07 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 08:37:22 PM
Quote from: Bro Hammer on March 16, 2015, 08:28:33 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:37:39 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:30:07 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:18:17 PM
By the way... there are far more tracks listed on the TG single than the ones mentioned before.

Only the top 3 tracks listed on the back are on the release, the other songs might come out at a later date

Sorry but that makes no sense, why would they include those titles if they're not actually there?
Probably to piss people off to the point of committing heinous acts of violence, I mean they are trying to pay tribute to Throbbing Gristle aren't they?

So what are the tracks that are actually on there. Heathen Earth and what? I feel like I've heard enough covers of Subhuman and Discipline in my life. I'd really like to hear their take on Hamburger Lady or Zyklon B Zombie though!
Subhuman is the A-side and Hamburger Lady is the flexi

Awesome! I can't wait to hear how they do Hamburger Lady.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: are codecs on March 23, 2015, 11:02:56 AM
According to tracking, my copies of the Jam and TG tributes will be in the mailbox today!

Question - has anyone ripped the b-sides for these yet? Or know if the guys are going to release digital versions? Missed out on about half, refuse to get reamed by the online flippers.

As cool as these are art-wise, I'd love to have all the extra tunes as a sort of "Sausages Deluxe."
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on March 23, 2015, 11:10:16 AM
Quote from: Bro Hammer on November 20, 2014, 10:42:18 PM
See this is what I don't get. So if you can't afford the vinyl well fuck you then. How hard would it be to put these up on Bandcamp and charge $5 or whatever so people (like me) who can't afford this shit but would really, really like to hear and own the music can still get it and enjoy it.
I get it. The 7" are pieces of art. Hand printed, hand carved and beautiful vinyl but what if I don't give a shit about any of that stuff and just want the music! It's infuriating! :x
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 20, 2014, 11:12:33 PM
patience is a virtue.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on March 23, 2015, 06:48:52 PM
Listened to them this morning, good stuff! The Jam songs sound like they just recorded them all back to back to back, lots of energy. Subhuman sounds like it was recorded in the same session as Heathen Earth, has a very similar tone, but Hamburger Lady sounds completely different, and is probably my favorite of the TG songs I've heard them do.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on March 23, 2015, 08:09:11 PM
My flexi won't fit on my record player and I didn't want to force it and risk tearing it.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on March 23, 2015, 08:19:31 PM
Is the hole too small? I hope that doesn't get taken out of context  :lol:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: johnnyg on March 23, 2015, 08:29:02 PM
Just got my jam and TG. I gotta say, these were a little pricey, but they were really well done. It was so much fun getting these and finding out what the b-side or sides were going to be like w/o any streaming or iTunes before hand. Plus, they were all so good. This must have been like buying 45's at the store in the 70's was like.  Basically going into the music completely blind. The art also really pulled it together.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on March 23, 2015, 09:06:19 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on March 23, 2015, 08:19:31 PM
Is the hole too small? I hope that doesn't get taken out of context  :lol:

the hole is too small, yes. I'd love to get a 10" with all the B-sides collected...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dumpster D on March 24, 2015, 12:04:45 AM
Quote from: ZILLA on March 23, 2015, 08:09:11 PM
My flexi won't fit on my record player and I didn't want to force it and risk tearing it.

Dude, I have tons of flexis that wont fit right, Vinyl should not tear if you force it a bit.

Mylar on the other hand breaks clean.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bro Hammer on March 24, 2015, 08:10:21 PM
Quote from: meezer on March 23, 2015, 11:10:16 AM
Quote from: Bro Hammer on November 20, 2014, 10:42:18 PM
See this is what I don't get. So if you can't afford the vinyl well fuck you then. How hard would it be to put these up on Bandcamp and charge $5 or whatever so people (like me) who can't afford this shit but would really, really like to hear and own the music can still get it and enjoy it.
I get it. The 7" are pieces of art. Hand printed, hand carved and beautiful vinyl but what if I don't give a shit about any of that stuff and just want the music! It's infuriating! :x
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 20, 2014, 11:12:33 PM
patience is a virtue.

Still impatiently waiting!

Quote from: (PAUL) on March 23, 2015, 06:48:52 PM
but Hamburger Lady sounds completely different, and is probably my favorite of the TG songs I've heard them do.

Can't wait to hear this!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: badhatharry on April 08, 2015, 05:25:56 PM
Have 9 and 10 shipped yet? I don't remember them taking this long in the past.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on April 08, 2015, 06:42:33 PM
Quote from: badhatharry on April 08, 2015, 05:25:56 PM
Have 9 and 10 shipped yet? I don't remember them taking this long in the past.

I got mine a while ago now. Hopefully you get them soon!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: badhatharry on April 08, 2015, 07:03:47 PM
Quote from: (PAUL) on April 08, 2015, 06:42:33 PM
Quote from: badhatharry on April 08, 2015, 05:25:56 PM
Have 9 and 10 shipped yet? I don't remember them taking this long in the past.

I got mine a while ago now. Hopefully you get them soon!

Thanks, just emailed AmRep
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: amazonAMAZON on April 09, 2015, 11:55:14 AM
Aren't the tighter holes on flexidiscs supposed to help keep the vinyl locked to the stylus? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on April 10, 2015, 04:37:08 PM
By the way, this flexi disc runs at 33 instead of 45 rpm, right? At least that's what I thought the two times I listened to it... and yes, the tonearm didn't jump since the flexi is thicker than the old one I found at home.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on April 13, 2015, 11:20:01 PM
Anyone?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dumpster D on April 14, 2015, 03:47:59 AM
You guys are so depressing.

Do some homework into one of these things;



[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Dumpster D on April 14, 2015, 03:50:45 AM
Flexis are meant to be Put onto a TAPE CASSETTE or Quarter inch tape if you intend on actually enjoying them BTW, otherwise Digitize them Just the same.

They will totally wear out after 40-50 plays.

I put all my Decibel Magazine Flexis on an 8-track tape and that was the best thing I could have done.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: amazonAMAZON on April 14, 2015, 11:16:49 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on April 14, 2015, 03:50:45 AM
Flexis are meant to turn consumers into mastering engineers at their own expense.

They will totally wear out after 40-50 plays.

I put all my Decibel Magazine Flexis on an 8-track tape and apparently there used to be people who were earning a salary by doing just that. I on the other hand wasted my own time and money and resources for a degraded copy of a copy.

Fixed.

(not a jab at you. Just the flexi concept)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on April 14, 2015, 01:16:03 PM
A copy of a copy? What's not to  :love: ?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on April 14, 2015, 02:07:19 PM
I'm just asking about the correct speed for the Hamburger Lady flexi, that's all. Thanks, I didn't know about flexi discs being that fragile, I've only listened to it 3 times so far.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on June 18, 2015, 09:15:43 AM
Quote from: brian on March 15, 2015, 01:26:12 PM
(http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/images/thumb/6/69/CompleteClownSetFront.JPG/600px-CompleteClownSetFront.JPG)

(http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/images/thumb/d/db/CompleteClownSetBack.JPG/600px-CompleteClownSetBack.JPG)

            (http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/AKV126C001/4720cca3-038c-46ad-81ed-73b1c8dad83d_zpsuiylhe38.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/AKV126C001/4720cca3-038c-46ad-81ed-73b1c8dad83d_zpsuiylhe38.jpg.html)

            (http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/AKV126C001/1ec9302e-0673-4c54-808b-172058a97943_zpsedtb5pop.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/AKV126C001/1ec9302e-0673-4c54-808b-172058a97943_zpsedtb5pop.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain Howdy on June 18, 2015, 09:49:10 AM
It was funny to scroll down that, and then see flutter's quote in your sig at the end.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on June 18, 2015, 10:17:41 AM
 :lol:  How apt, Dickie; how apt.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on June 18, 2015, 10:59:26 AM
All I can say is "you make me sick!" and attribute it to Homeless_ Dad.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on June 25, 2015, 03:48:40 AM
Is there or will there be a tour-only version of the Throbbing Gristle tribute 7"?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 25, 2015, 08:34:40 AM
Quote from: Godflesh on June 25, 2015, 03:48:40 AM
Is there or will there be a tour-only version of the Throbbing Gristle tribute 7"?
Yes, it's a tri color version.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Garnz on June 25, 2015, 08:54:01 AM
found this on FB, posted by Bob Wantschips:


[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 08, 2015, 12:18:02 PM
 :shock:

(https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12360202_10153688954222040_253588047736065231_n.jpg?oh=af4298f8eaee24c7cc519c0b7c97c620&oe=56EBE712)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on December 08, 2015, 12:54:13 PM
Whoever's responsibe for that did a FANTASTIC job.   =D&gt;
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: buddy holiday on December 08, 2015, 02:39:48 PM
printed by rock is hell!  :shock:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on December 08, 2015, 05:46:57 PM
You'll need two to house all 18 singles.
There's room for 9 only.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on December 08, 2015, 07:48:38 PM
What's the going rate on a decorated empty box these days?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on December 09, 2015, 10:06:30 PM
I only have seven clown singles but at least I own all the ones with rare stuff.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on December 10, 2015, 11:10:25 AM
 I managed to get the 9 splatters and 3 tri colors. Very fun run it was!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 10, 2015, 07:09:59 PM
Any idea on how the boxes will be sold?  Through AmRep, or Crybaby?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: the crybaby on December 11, 2015, 12:44:58 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 10, 2015, 07:09:59 PM
Any idea on how the boxes will be sold?  Through AmRep, or Crybaby?
through amrep
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 11, 2015, 12:54:42 AM
Got it, thanks!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bro Hammer on December 12, 2015, 08:36:06 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 08, 2015, 12:18:02 PM
:shock:

(https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12360202_10153688954222040_253588047736065231_n.jpg?oh=af4298f8eaee24c7cc519c0b7c97c620&oe=56EBE712)

Oh perfect! Another fucking box, sweet!
Makes more sense than maybe putting out a digital version of all those b-sides. I'm so glad that I still haven't heard any of them but there's a fucking box for all those $30 7 inches instead. Two years later and now there's a fucking box.
Here's a weird thought but maybe there are some people who don't give a shit about boutique vinyl but really only care about hearing the actual music? Nah, the fans need a box for those 7 inches and a flexi for those who want their music on an even shittier format. :facepalm:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bengerman on December 13, 2015, 07:17:34 AM
You can always just not buy it. I'm sure there is a blogspot you can download the songs from or find someone that has a USB record player. I've managed to get all the vinyl b sides on my computer. Chances are they will be on some form of digital release down the road.
I think the Melvins are just being smart about making money. Things like this supplement the diminishing money they make from cd sales. I agree it's a little frustrating to try to keep up with all the different versions of vinyl but at the same time for us with the "collector" mentality it's a challenge. I also see it as an investment for the buyer. If I were to sell all my Melvins vinyl I'd have a small fortune.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bro Hammer on December 14, 2015, 10:04:04 PM
Quote from: Bengerman on December 13, 2015, 07:17:34 AM
You can always just not buy it. I'm sure there is a blogspot you can download the songs from or find someone that has a USB record player. I've managed to get all the vinyl b sides on my computer. Chances are they will be on some form of digital release down the road.
I think the Melvins are just being smart about making money. Things like this supplement the diminishing money they make from cd sales. I agree it's a little frustrating to try to keep up with all the different versions of vinyl but at the same time for us with the "collector" mentality it's a challenge. I also see it as an investment for the buyer. If I were to sell all my Melvins vinyl I'd have a small fortune.

1- Downloading them from a blogspot would essentially be stealing
2- You would need a small fortune just to pay for that vinyl. Some people have money for food to put in their kids mouth and others have it for vinyl.
3. Yeah, I'm not going to buy an empty box to put nothing in.
4- If they say for instance did a letterpress CD of all the b-sides they would sell like fucking crack in the early 80's
5- I'm not a "collector" and I only really care about the music. Since the 2 years these have been out now I haven't heard a single b-side because no one is jumping up and down offering to record them for me and send them and also that would essentially be stealing as well.
6. I want to give what little money I have to them to be able to hear those songs.
7. The Melvins have never had a problem moving merch at their shows. Unless it's expensive vinyl in a very limited pressing at a costly price. I'm will to bet the majority of fans don't have that kind of money to throw at that stuff.
8. In this case it seems to be more about the redundant hand printed art work than the actual music. If that wasn't the case there would probably already be a cd version of both a and b sides.
9. I know, wah, wah, wah poor fucking me. How dare I bitch about how a certain person is completely ignoring a large demographic of fans.
!0. And now I'll probably be banned because I could careless about wood carved red and black redundant art bullshit and would rather dig through a pile of dog shit to get my hand on the music than spend a fortune on 7 inches.

Dope, Guns and Mo' money, Mo' money!
Enjoy the boxes suckers. Buh bye.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on December 14, 2015, 10:19:20 PM
Damn!  :?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: deatheats on December 15, 2015, 10:02:22 AM
Things that make you go hmm...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on December 15, 2015, 10:06:35 AM
Quote from: deatheats on December 15, 2015, 10:02:22 AM
Things that make you go hmm...
Nah. I just said damn.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: deatheats on December 15, 2015, 10:09:04 AM
Quote from: meezer on December 15, 2015, 10:06:35 AM
Quote from: deatheats on December 15, 2015, 10:02:22 AM
Things that make you go hmm...
Nah. I just said damn.

:lol: 

Always hate to see someone leave because of a lack of cds.  Remember a while back when 99% of what they were releasing was on CD and vinvl lovers were bitching about lack of vinyl.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on December 15, 2015, 03:28:39 PM
Quote from: deatheats on December 15, 2015, 10:09:04 AM
Quote from: meezer on December 15, 2015, 10:06:35 AM
Quote from: deatheats on December 15, 2015, 10:02:22 AM
Things that make you go hmm...
Nah. I just said damn.

:lol: 

Always hate to see someone leave because of a lack of cds.  Remember a while back when 99% of what they were releasing was on CD and vinvl lovers were bitching about lack of vinyl.
CDs nutz? Hope Bro comes back soon that's all.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: shits and gigs on December 15, 2015, 03:57:10 PM
Pure marketing genius.

KISS who?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bengerman on December 15, 2015, 05:39:40 PM
I gotta say I didn't read most of that but u took the words outta my mouth when u said WAH! I think the fact that the Melvins continue to offer up so many releases is good enough for me. I realize the Melvins are going to do what I think is right but rather what works for them.
Yes blogspots are stealing and I'm not saying that's where I get my digital versions from but let's face it most people do. From my post that I sent in response to u, I had another board member reach out to me and ask for the digital versions. Maybe u should spend yr time sending an email asking for it instead of spending it bitching about the bands decisions...the band on which message board u are on... Most people understand that if u wait for things to fall in your lap, u will be waiting for some time. With that said I'd be happy to send u the digital versions I have that I got from my nifty record player/cd recorder. I sold my kids so I could buy it.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bengerman on December 15, 2015, 05:48:03 PM
Or maybe if wait long enough buzz will deliver a cd box set with every b side on it to yr front door. And another thing.., they are b sides. A beside is something that is second to the a side. If the Melvins thought they were good enough to be an official release, then they'd probably be the a side. The b side songs are ok but if you've heard them you'll understand they aren't that wonderful. Most of them are straight forward versions. In my opinion a cd of b sides would be rather lackluster.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bengerman on December 15, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
AND I disagree that sending u a digital copy would be stealing. How many of us made mixtapes in the early 90's? If that's stealing then there should be a lot of us in jail. I don't think anyone will come after u for that.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 15, 2015, 07:11:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLqAlIETkA
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 15, 2015, 07:15:21 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on December 15, 2015, 07:11:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLqAlIETkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-EouZi1mvQ
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on December 15, 2015, 10:12:52 PM
Bengerman goes off! :lol:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bengerman on December 16, 2015, 10:34:30 AM
Not trying to go off. I guess I just don't understand the Melvins bashing on a Melvins board. The Melvins have done great things and who cares if they release a butt load of vinyl and boxes to put them in. At least they are doing something. Imagine if they were like tool and we only got an album every decade or so. They have lasted so long because they always try to do new things. Those things might not be exciting for some but it is for others. I guess I'd understand more if I wasn't a vinyl person but again there are ways to get the vinyl on cd these days.
And for real bro hammer, if you'd like a digital version mix tape just let me know.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 16, 2015, 10:43:48 AM
I am one of the biggest Melvins vinyl nerds. But i totally understand Where Bro is coming from. With how easy it is nowadays to have a site to sell mp3's of what have you, id love for Melvins/Amrep to put up the songs for sale. I will always buy the crazy releases because that's what i like to do, but i would also still pay to have a digital copy as like most people am too lazy do do it myself and i don't want to "steal" from any band.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: PepsiMike on December 16, 2015, 11:56:06 AM
Quote from: Bengerman on December 16, 2015, 10:34:30 AM
Not trying to go off. I guess I just don't understand the Melvins bashing on a Melvins board. The Melvins have done great things and who cares if they release a butt load of vinyl and boxes to put them in. At least they are doing something. Imagine if they were like tool and we only got an album every decade or so. They have lasted so long because they always try to do new things. Those things might not be exciting for some but it is for others. I guess I'd understand more if I wasn't a vinyl person but again there are ways to get the vinyl on cd these days.
And for real bro hammer, if you'd like a digital version mix tape just let me know.
Melvins bashing?  Bro hammer loves the melvins.  What he wrote is a legitimate complaint, which is not being able to hear all of the music that the melvins put out.

You know what boggles my mind?  Fans that think you have to love every single thing a band does, without complaining about anything, legitimate or not.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bengerman on December 16, 2015, 11:59:49 AM
I get that and I agree. But I'm happy with how the Melvins continue to come up with different ideas to do things. I've heard buzz say before about music DVDs that they didn't want to release the same old live show with studio snippets that everyone does. I think they just think that about a lot of things they do. Their website for example. I think buzz also said if u wanted to find out about the band go to themelvins.net but for their official website they only put up random images and noise. That's what I love about the Melvins. I love it when they piss me off by releasing a 20 minute noise album. The Melvins are not your typical band. They are a thousand times better. I just figured that's what most other people liked about them as well.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bengerman on December 16, 2015, 12:04:20 PM
Part of my point was u can easily get the songs from people on this board. I don't love everything they do. I'm not as excited about the last couple of releases. I also think the b side to the clown singles were mediocre at best. They aren't as great as say ballad of Dwight frye. They are just straight forward covers. I haven't been totally floored since HAT. But I like the box idea. Opinions are like assholes...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on December 16, 2015, 03:06:48 PM
B, I like you. Because you make me look good.  :lol:

That was a joke.

Ritalin. Ready for pickup at the pharmacy.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bro Ham Burner Account on December 18, 2015, 05:28:15 PM
Alright I just want to clarify some stuff here.
I was in a very bad mood when I posted what I did and I regret saying anything with ill will towards a certain artist that put out these 7 inches. I'll say it again, I'm a broke, divorced father of 2 who is now in my 41st year of life decided to go to school. I have never, ever been in the position to afford any boutique vinyl. As a matter of fact I sold all of my records(because I'm broke) except my Melvins ones mainly because they were gifted to me.(because I couldn't afford them and I have some awesome friends)

I flipped a bitch when I saw another box for those pretty little records because I have yet to hear the b-sides. Yes I was being a whiny self centered bitch and I do regret saying things the way I did because that certain artist is someone I look up to and am very grateful for his hard work and I have a real bad problem with saying things I immediately regret.
Now when some one says "Oh they're just the b-sides and they're really not that great anyway", you wrong and in this case you're really fucking wrong. With this series they brought in other artists to record these cover songs with, with the intention of doing more than just one cover. It's nothing like a situation where they simply didn't make it on to the record, they were recorded to go with the ones on Everybody Loves Sausage. In other words those songs in my opinion are just as important than the ones on ELS. Not simply just b-sides that didn't make the cut. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

It also completely baffles me that someone would say I was bashing the Melvins because I wanted to be able to hear their music. I love the Melvins. They are bar far my favorite band and have been for going on 25 years now. I shouldn't even have to say that but apparently it's not understood. (thank you PepsiMike!)

As far as asking someone to pretty please make me a digital copy of the b-sides from ripping them from vinyl, well I am not a "Shit talking thief" and I hope you know who I just quoted there, Bengerman. And as a matter of fact, for your offer to do so , I respond by saying FUCK YOU. That is theft and while I don't have problem with stealing Van Halens music or some one else just as rich, I will not steal from the bands that work their fucking asses off. So not just the Melvins but many other bands as well. I WANT TO GIVE THEM MY MONEY. They deserve every penny, because they work really fucking hard for it. Yes I see the irony of that but Van Halen doesn't need my dollars as much as Big Business, Tweak Bird, I could go on an on but you get the point...maybe.
Now I suppose Bengerman that you probably didn't read all of this because, well I don't know. You're too cool? Or-
Quote from: Bengerman on December 16, 2015, 12:04:20 PM
Opinions are like assholes...
You're simply an asshole. SO. I will be deleting this account as well as soon as I post this, not because of not getting what I want but because I'm sick of this BBS and I don't want to say things that would be mean and inconsiderate and it's users like you who make that hard. I'm sure I'll lurk as a guest, but for now I'm done. And as far as the Clown b-sides go, I will be getting together with 2 other members of this BBS who are my friends and we're gonna hang out and have a listening party so I can finally hear them. I'm very excited for this! Once a digital version is released I will BUY it. (Thank you (the) flutter nuts!)
Buh bye!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: LuckMach3 on December 18, 2015, 06:07:18 PM
Has Buzz ever commented on what he thinks about people downloading rare b-sides that you could only get online?  Somehow I doubt he cares that much that people are downloading Sawed Off as opposed to Hold It In.  Or does he really only want about 1,000 people to ever hear it?

I've probably spent over $2,000 on The Melvins over the past ten years and I don't feel the least bit guilty about getting mp3's online for the songs I can't buy.  I'd love to buy a cd compilation of the Clown Series but it doesn't exist so it's either free mp3's or nothing for me.  If you feel really guilty you could always buy an extra copy of the Bulls and the Bees+Electroretard or make a donation to the libertarian party headquarters on Buzz's behalf or some shit.  I don't know.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on December 19, 2015, 01:40:46 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on December 19, 2015, 01:29:41 PM
I have to say although i don't do the same, i really quite respect Brohammer's take on supporting your favourite bands. I don't do the download thing and i still buy occasional CD's but most often these days i'll just simply stream songs on YouTube or such. So in some ways it's very admirable that someone still respects and values older principles.
Ian steals his Van Halen. And will tell you to your face.  :D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bengerman on December 19, 2015, 06:44:41 PM
Geez!
Asshole idiot here for another installment of "as the Melvins turn". Sorry yr so touchy bro hammer. U gave yr opinion about the clown box and I gave mine. I guess mine came off a little too shitty. Oh well. Basically what I gather is u are a 41 yr old angel who has never done anything wrong in yr life such as listening to music that someone gives u.  Kudos to u. But oh wait a minute, does that mean those Melvins records u got as a gift were stolen? Because essentially i would be giving u a gift by sending u these songs. I paid for it and I'm giving it to u(?) I still can't believe u never made a mix tape! I can't say I respect that because I just think it's dumb. That's how u hear about bands which in turn prompts u to buy their CDs, vinyl, t shirts, and tickets to shows.  I don't think I would have ever gotten in to music if it weren't for hearing it from friends. No one told me u weren't supposed to do that. Man I feel so horrible. All those bands that can't eat because of me listening to a mix tape...
So u don't have any money to spend on records but u would spend it on letterpress CDs. I think what I'm gathering here is u just want what u want the way u want it. And who doesn't? I'm just on the other side of the coin. I like records. I like the Melvins and I like art. So a pretty box to put my records in by my favorite band makes sense to me.
I hope someday u will get your letterpress cd of the clown b sides. I would buy it too. I just hope they do 9 different color variations of the box first.
thank u Melvins and tom hazelmyer for creating such great art and keeping it fresh.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 19, 2015, 07:15:03 PM
Alright...good times here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bengerman on December 19, 2015, 07:20:51 PM
I'm sorry...(I agree this whole conversation is stupid but one more thing.) The Melvins did bring in other artists for this project. They got together with other musicians and recorded a couple versions of songs by different bands. From all those songs they recorded they only put one of each on everybody loves sausages, which was the official release, which left the other song. Is it just me or does that seem like they chose the best ones for the official release and the second best for the b side? 
Also I'm confused as to how u are defending these songs you've never heard. And I think when u hear the Melvins' version of Bowie's "breaking glass" in comparison to "station to station", u will see what I mean. I love both songs. But I think station to station turned out way better.
Also just a reminder bro hammer, be sure you send buzz a check before yr listening party. U don't want to be considered a thief and ruin yr reputation of being the words only perfect music listener.
And in an attempt to change the subject..wouldn't an album of songs with j g thirwell and the Melvins be awesome!! I mean the two things he's done with the Melvins (in my OPINION) have been amazing. (Not trying to start anything with that. Just wondering if anyone agreed...or disagreed...I won't be madatcha.)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 19, 2015, 07:34:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAFx7o1qecE
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on December 19, 2015, 08:30:14 PM
http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=20596.msg555268#msg555268 (http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=20596.msg555268#msg555268)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bengerman on December 20, 2015, 05:29:21 AM
http://youtu.be/tI8yHzbNAt4
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain CoryCory on December 29, 2015, 06:21:34 PM
Quote from: Bengerman on December 20, 2015, 05:29:21 AM
http://youtu.be/tI8yHzbNAt4

Buzz and Dale kill it in this interview. Can learn leagues from it.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on January 02, 2016, 10:53:49 AM
Boxes for the Clowns go on sale on Monday at 1600 Central. That's a time, not an address.

(http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/AKV126C/AKV126C001/empty_zpsx1992ebx.jpg) (http://s925.photobucket.com/user/AKV126C/media/AKV126C001/empty_zpsx1992ebx.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on January 02, 2016, 08:08:08 PM
Will be interesting to see how much these cost. My guess is $15.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 02, 2016, 10:44:43 PM
Quote from: ZILLA on January 02, 2016, 08:08:08 PM
Will be interesting to see how much these cost. My guess is $15.

I'm thinking more like $60
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 02, 2016, 11:29:35 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 02, 2016, 10:44:43 PM
Quote from: ZILLA on January 02, 2016, 08:08:08 PM
Will be interesting to see how much these cost. My guess is $15.

I'm thinking more like $60

Hopefully I'm wrong
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Budspawn on January 03, 2016, 03:07:50 AM
How many 7"? 9 or 18?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: the crybaby on January 03, 2016, 03:16:41 AM
Quote from: Budspawn on January 03, 2016, 03:07:50 AM
How many 7"? 9 or 18?
9
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on January 03, 2016, 08:27:17 AM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 02, 2016, 11:29:35 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 02, 2016, 10:44:43 PM
Quote from: ZILLA on January 02, 2016, 08:08:08 PM
Will be interesting to see how much these cost. My guess is $15.

I'm thinking more like $60

Hopefully I'm wrong
$61
(https://media2.giphy.com/media/ROrOMfAlLbLfG/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 03, 2016, 08:49:39 AM
Quote from: meezer on January 03, 2016, 08:27:17 AM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 02, 2016, 11:29:35 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 02, 2016, 10:44:43 PM
Quote from: ZILLA on January 02, 2016, 08:08:08 PM
Will be interesting to see how much these cost. My guess is $15.

I'm thinking more like $60

Hopefully I'm wrong
$61
(https://media2.giphy.com/media/ROrOMfAlLbLfG/giphy.gif)


Hahahahaha!!!!!!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on January 03, 2016, 09:09:54 AM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 03, 2016, 08:49:39 AM
Quote from: meezer on January 03, 2016, 08:27:17 AM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 02, 2016, 11:29:35 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 02, 2016, 10:44:43 PM
Quote from: ZILLA on January 02, 2016, 08:08:08 PM
Will be interesting to see how much these cost. My guess is $15.

I'm thinking more like $60

Hopefully I'm wrong
$61
(https://media2.giphy.com/media/ROrOMfAlLbLfG/giphy.gif)


Hahahahaha!!!!!!
We have some lovely parting gifts for you, though....
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on January 03, 2016, 01:25:37 PM
I hope it doesn't cost as much or more than 2 of the singles themselves...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2016, 03:24:33 PM
Me excite
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2016, 03:59:39 PM
they are up as well as a full clown box
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on January 04, 2016, 04:00:45 PM
Yippee!!
Me very happy :D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 04, 2016, 04:01:04 PM
Glad to see Godflesh got one.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2016, 04:03:03 PM
Jules, the full box comes with this "As a bonus, we're including a set of the 9 clown mini-cards."
I still need to get all of em
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 04, 2016, 04:06:01 PM
sold out
:shock:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on January 04, 2016, 04:07:31 PM
Thanks for the text, Flutts! There's something wrong with the checkout again, very weird.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2016, 04:08:10 PM
Quote from: jules on January 04, 2016, 04:07:31 PM
Thanks for the text, Flutts! There's something wrong with the checkout again, very weird.

hmm, i had no prob with checkout
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on January 04, 2016, 04:08:43 PM
Welp, that sucks, I am usually good at this sort of thing.  :bs:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2016, 04:09:35 PM
Whoa, both empty and full sold out
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on January 04, 2016, 04:09:41 PM
The full box set was 350 bucks and it's sold out too... DAMN  :shock:
Now that's a lot of money.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on January 04, 2016, 04:10:21 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2016, 04:08:10 PM
Quote from: jules on January 04, 2016, 04:07:31 PM
Thanks for the text, Flutts! There's something wrong with the checkout again, very weird.
hmm, i had no prob with checkout
Yay! The tides have turned at last!   :cheers:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on January 04, 2016, 04:13:33 PM
No probs with checkout for me either.

Got two boxes, actually. One for the splatters and one for the tri-colors.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on January 04, 2016, 04:14:57 PM
I don't think all 90 were available... At least I hope not!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2016, 04:15:30 PM
What does "S&N" mean?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on January 04, 2016, 04:17:03 PM
Signed & numbered, innit?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 04, 2016, 04:18:00 PM
Quote from: Godflesh on January 04, 2016, 04:17:03 PM
Signed & numbered, innit?
Yes
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2016, 04:18:15 PM
Quote from: Godflesh on January 04, 2016, 04:17:03 PM
Signed & numbered, innit?

Duh... #-o :cobain:
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Bengerman on January 07, 2016, 09:16:37 AM
Any body sick of their box and want to sell it yet?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: PepsiMike on January 07, 2016, 10:31:34 AM
Quote from: Bengerman on January 07, 2016, 09:16:37 AM
Any body sick of their box and want to sell it yet?
If you see one for sale, it will probably cost a million dollars.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on January 07, 2016, 07:37:45 PM
Anyone get theirs yet?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: vaporInhaler on January 08, 2016, 01:00:44 PM
Just arrived. #74/90. Best empty box i've ever had the opportunity to purchase. And the 9 clowns fit nicely... Thanks Haze...
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Peto Wilson on January 08, 2016, 04:16:13 PM
Yup, 87/100 it's a beauty
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ZILLA on January 08, 2016, 04:32:54 PM
Quote from: Peto Wilson on January 08, 2016, 04:16:13 PM
Yup, 87/100 it's a beauty

87/100 not 90?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Peto Wilson on January 08, 2016, 06:29:42 PM
87/90 my brain went to the 100 on default. Looks like they released all the higher numbers from what I'm gathering, maybe the lower ones on tour?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: benton netty on February 06, 2016, 02:44:44 PM
http://constantwaiting.tumblr.com/post/115845979602/i-said-i-was-probably-gonna-do-this-once-they

Does anyone have a link to the file that had been posted at the link above? I asked the guy for a fresh one, and he declined due to guilt. I say, the songs aren't available to purchase, so download-related guilt shouldn't be an issue. If you agree and have the tunes, could you PM me? Thank you, you fine people.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) Razor on March 22, 2016, 04:06:17 AM
Hey friends, sorry for the bump.

I saw the OP said that these were just the same as Everybody loves sausages but I see now in 2016 they are songs like in league with Satan, swampland etc... On YouTube which there are three out of the 9. Does this mean the other ones are original covers as well? I'm guessing the digital release is on the cards sometime too?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) Razor on March 22, 2016, 05:19:45 AM
Cheers, thanks for that
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: meezer on March 22, 2016, 07:48:22 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on March 22, 2016, 04:43:26 AM
Quote from: (the) Razor on March 22, 2016, 04:06:17 AM
Does this mean the other ones are original covers as well? I'm guessing the digital release is on the cards sometime too?
Each of the releases focused on one artist. So there was a David Bowie one, one for The Kinks or a Venom one. The A side being a song from Everybody Loves Sausages and the B side being another cover from something from that same band or artist which didn't appear on ELS. There were a couple of the Clown records that varied from this but mostly this was the set up. In total there are 9 cover songs that appear on these releases that didn't feature on Everybody... so yes there's potential for a mini release at some point but i doubt it somehow. Here's how each of the 9 Clown records were arranged.

1. THE SCIENTISTS
Swampland
Set It On Fire

2. VENOM
Warhead
In League With Satan

3. THE KINKS
Attitude
Victoria

4. POP-O-PIES/TALES OF TERROR
Timothy Leary Lives
Romance

5. ROXY MUSIC
In Every Dream Home A Heartache

6. DAVID BOWIE
Station To Station
Breaking Glass

7. QUEEN
Best Friend
Now I'm Here

8. THE JAM
Art School
Modern World
Batman

9. THROBBING GRISTLE
Heathen Earth
Subhuman
Hamburger Lady
Seasons don't fear the Deleter.
Nor do the wind and the sun and the rain.
We can be like they are (come on, baby).....
:D
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on October 13, 2016, 09:31:44 AM
Full box up at Shoxop, less than 10 section....so hurry

http://www.shoxop.com/collections/less-than-10-left/products/copy-of-melvins-clown-tribute-series-full-box-set
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on October 13, 2016, 12:22:06 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on October 13, 2016, 09:31:44 AM
Full box up at Shoxop, less than 10 section....so hurry

http://www.shoxop.com/collections/less-than-10-left/products/copy-of-melvins-clown-tribute-series-full-box-set

Sold out.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: GiveMe45 on October 13, 2016, 06:51:23 PM
How much was it going for?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (PAUL) on October 13, 2016, 07:09:41 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 13, 2016, 06:51:23 PM
How much was it going for?

Think it was $350?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on October 14, 2016, 01:08:21 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on October 13, 2016, 07:09:41 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 13, 2016, 06:51:23 PM
How much was it going for?

Think it was $350?

Evenly divided $30 for a 7" and $80 for the box. Doesn't sound that bad.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Stonergrunge on October 14, 2016, 11:36:16 AM
Quote from: Godflesh on October 14, 2016, 01:08:21 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on October 13, 2016, 07:09:41 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 13, 2016, 06:51:23 PM
How much was it going for?

Think it was $350?

Evenly divided $30 for a 7" and $80 for the box. Doesn't sound that bad.

Actually, I remember the online sales were $25 for each single and since they are nine that would be $225 plus $125 for the box. That does sound bad.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Puff Diesel on October 14, 2016, 02:44:19 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 14, 2016, 11:36:16 AM
Quote from: Godflesh on October 14, 2016, 01:08:21 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on October 13, 2016, 07:09:41 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 13, 2016, 06:51:23 PM
How much was it going for?

Think it was $350?

Evenly divided $30 for a 7" and $80 for the box. Doesn't sound that bad.

Actually, I remember the online sales were $25 for each single and since they are nine that would be $225 plus $125 for the box. That does sound bad.


It was some time ago, but i'm thinking that my empty Clowns box was $50.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Godflesh on October 14, 2016, 03:28:47 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 14, 2016, 11:36:16 AM
Quote from: Godflesh on October 14, 2016, 01:08:21 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on October 13, 2016, 07:09:41 PM
Quote from: GiveMe45 on October 13, 2016, 06:51:23 PM
How much was it going for?

Think it was $350?

Evenly divided $30 for a 7" and $80 for the box. Doesn't sound that bad.

Actually, I remember the online sales were $25 for each single and since they are nine that would be $225 plus $125 for the box. That does sound bad.

But you'll have trouble finding everything for that price now, especially the box. And the box exclusive clown extras - which I'd love to get too.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on December 17, 2016, 09:34:18 AM
Can anyone tell me how much the empty Clown Box was selling for originally?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: (the) flutter nuts on December 17, 2016, 11:12:19 AM
Quote from: jules on December 17, 2016, 09:34:18 AM
Can anyone tell me how much the empty Clown Box was selling for originally?

i think they were $70......not sure

or $45.. were the SD boxes $100? I can't remember.

I'm not helping at all am I?  :P
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Garnz on December 17, 2016, 12:13:01 PM
Just checked on paypal: It was 40 $ plus shipping.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Garnz on December 17, 2016, 12:14:32 PM
Does anyone have a spare Tribute to Bowie tri-color for sale or trade? Only standard tri-color I am missing.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: jules on December 17, 2016, 12:16:14 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on December 17, 2016, 11:12:19 AM
Quote from: jules on December 17, 2016, 09:34:18 AM
Can anyone tell me how much the empty Clown Box was selling for originally?

i think they were $70......not sure

or $45.. were the SD boxes $100? I can't remember.

I'm not helping at all am I?  :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:




Quote from: Garnz on December 17, 2016, 12:13:01 PM
Just checked on paypal: It was 40 $ plus shipping.
Thanks!
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Garnz on December 17, 2016, 12:29:26 PM



Quote from: Garnz on December 17, 2016, 12:13:01 PM
Just checked on paypal: It was 40 $ plus shipping.
Thanks!
[/quote]
:)
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: dirtmerchant on December 17, 2016, 02:21:41 PM
If anyone has an empty box for sale or trade let me know. I've been looking for one for a while.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ))))(((( on August 25, 2018, 06:19:56 AM
Here's a question for you guys ... did Scott Kelly appear on 'In League With Satan'?

I know the vocals are Buzz but i remember seeing a photo of both Dale and Scott in the studio and the corresponding caption being "recording Venom songs". Scott obviously performed guitar and vocals on 'Warhead' but does this mean he played guitar on '...Satan' too?
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: Captain CoryCory on August 25, 2018, 06:51:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFukyBA98Cg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFukyBA98Cg)

His vocals are kinda buried in there but I'd say yes.

Also, first time listen. This should have been on the record.
Title: Re: Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series
Post by: ))))(((( on August 25, 2018, 08:18:35 AM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on August 25, 2018, 06:51:50 AM
His vocals are kinda buried in there but I'd say yes.

Also, first time listen. This should have been on the record.
Yes. I wasn't sure if his vocals were there slightly. I agree with you about this track. One of my favourites of the covers they did and most certainly would have been better than a handful of the tunes that did make the cut. Although it might have been odd to have TWO Venom songs featured.